ADVERTISEMENT

58-39 7:14 to go…and lost by 3

Imagine if an IU coach had that happen in a regular season game, let alone the tournament? Wow.
Buckner, Woodson, Alford….all-time greats here. Go on and keep trashing them. They helped create some of the best memories for the IU program.

I think the ship has sailed with Woody…but I was glad they gave him a chance. We had someone extremely over their head, a slime ball, an idiot, and a midget before.

Buckner, Woodson, Alford….all-time greats here. Go on and keep trashing them. They helped create some of the best memories for the IU program.

I think the ship has sailed with Woody…but I was glad they gave him a chance. We had someone extremely over their head, a slime ball, an idiot, and a midget before.
And now two of those three are creating some of the worst memories. Buckner needs to removed from the board. Never would have imagined that it would be our own alums, legends to boot that would finish off what Brand started.

And now two of those three are creating some of the worst memories. Buckner needs to removed from the board. Never would have imagined that it would be our own alums, legends to boot that would finish off what Brand started.
The program died in 2000. It will be revived but the right person has not been identified.

There is not a Bob Knight behind every tree. The people calling for his head in the late 90s have got what they deserved. Buckner and Woody haven’t killed anything…it was already dead.

The program died in 2000. It will be revived but the right person has not been identified.

There is not a Bob Knight behind every tree. The people calling for his head in the late 90s have got what they deserved. Buckner and Woody haven’t killed anything…it was already dead.
No rational person expects to reincarnate Knight.
The frustration behind the failures that is mutually shared with the majority of fans and alums is basic. Not one time, not one single time has IU made an attempt to hire the best available coach when they were attempting to replace the degenerate they threw a dart at prior. Not one damn time. And sadly, not one of those degenerate morons spit in our faces the way Woodson has. The last of them you’d expect to be displaced by with foolish egotistic self promotion separating the base more than it was before.

Not propping anything up.

I’m on record: wasn’t a fan of the hire, don’t like the status quo, was pretty excited when it sounded like there could be a change of leadership this year.
Your point is taken. Alford shouldn’t be a consideration. Look at the length of his coaching tenure vs Woodson’s and what each has accomplished (I’m not “propping up” CMK either.) Alford is underwhelming.

This x 1000. They’re reaping what they’ve sewed. The sad part is that the rest of us have had to go along for the ride into the muck…

Bill Benner, etc.

True, but don't forget the big chunk of us who didn't want to see RMK fired, weren't exactly thrilled w the program though and ended up in this shitstorm for merely sticking w our team and, more importantly, school. Trust me, I never blamed myself for Bob Knight not being able to restrain himself from laying hands on people (is this really that difficult?).

I don't think I'm getting what I deserve. And when Davis took over and our fanbase's worst showed their faces, THAT destroyed the program as much as anything. There's just too much negativity w the RMK departure. See Duke as to how a blue blood is supposed to pass the baton. Bob wanted ****ing Pat.

The frustration behind the failures that is mutually shared with the majority of fans and alums is basic. Not one time, not one single time has IU made an attempt to hire the best available coach when they were attempting to replace the degenerate they threw a dart at prior. Not one damn time. And sadly, not one of those degenerate morons spit in our faces the way Woodson has. The last of them you’d expect to be displaced by with foolish egotistic self promotion separating the base more than it was before.
If you don’t think a certain subset thought Knight would be easy to replace…well I don’t know what to tell you.

They thought there was something special in the water in Bloomington. Nope…it was the “ogre” sitting on the bench.

I’m ready for Woody (and especially his degenerate assistant coaches) to no longer be sitting on the bench…but it’s just a continuation of the acts that played out in late 2000

Bill Benner, etc.

True, but don't forget the big chunk of us who didn't want to see RMK fired, weren't exactly thrilled w the program though and ended up in this shitstorm for merely sticking w our team and, more importantly, school. Trust me, I never blamed myself for Bob Knight not being able to restrain himself from laying hands on people (is this really that difficult?).

I don't think I'm getting what I deserve. And when Davis took over and our fanbase's worst showed their faces, THAT destroyed the program as much as anything. There's just too much negativity w the RMK departure. See Duke as to how a blue blood is supposed to pass the baton. Bob wanted ****ing Pat.
We are pretty much in agreement.

Where do we go from here?

Bullshit

You clearly don't know Kraft. Huge Woody apologist.

Realist is not an apologist. While a bunch of people on here, with zero knowledge, influence, or money, bitch about Woody and how he sucks - Kraft (who I cannot stand as he made a personal attack against me, my wife, and autistic child on the football forum 10+ years ago)- Kraft knows we have the collective ability of an ant to affect change concerning IU Athletics.

Realist is not an apologist. While a bunch of people on here, with zero knowledge, influence, or money, bitch about Woody and how he sucks - Kraft (who I cannot stand as he made a personal attack against me, my wife, and autistic child on the football forum 10+ years ago)- Kraft knows we have the collective ability of an ant to affect change concerning IU Athletics.
Apologist not realist Mrs. Kraft. Who ever said we can affect change at IU. We just say Woody blows. Save Mr and Mrs Kraft.

So when IU attempted to hire Brad Steven’s, you’re saying he wasn’t the best coach at the time . Who was? Based on what? Your opinion?

Apologist not realist Mrs. Kraft. Who ever said we can affect change at IU. We just say Woody blows. Save Mr and Mrs Kraft.

Ohh...you burned me with the Mrs. Kraft dig. This from someone who uses "noone" in a sentence. Moron.

Some revisionist history here. Let’s agree Woodson isn’t going to succeed and many questioned that hire in the first place so that was a terrible move. And with his assistants and zero recruits it’s going to get ugly next year.

But no big name coach was going to step in after Knight and Davis did ok initially. I’m happy he was hired since a talented team stayed together and I got to see them in the championship game as a student

Sampson was a bad hire given the baggage. Should not have happened and Beilen could have been hired instead.

After that carnage no top coach was coming in but crean without nil and some definite coaching limitations got a couple big ten banners. Could definitely make the argument his leash was too long, especially if Stevens would have come (who knows if that’s true)

Archie was universally thought of as a great coach but obviously in hind sight was a disaster

Post Knight IU has struggled but Sampson and Woodson were the only inexcusable hires given the circumstances at the time of hire.

IMO keeping Woodson for a lame duck year is probably the worst decision they’ve made

• Love
Reactions: Al Bino
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT