ADVERTISEMENT

364 million verdict against the trumpster

So you’re not serious. Got it. I think you are too, FTR. Second time you haven’t been able to have a discussion without name calling and switching topics. So stupid or just lazy and rude. Either way, not a good way to go through life. But cry some more about Trump being a victim.

When you state someone is using a trope, you are not wanting a discussion but an argument. I gave you one. And you replied passive aggressively, so your stupid reply received a stupid answer. Be better. And get Trump out of you head. My goodness, I never mentioned him.

I'm not pissed. Disappointed you decided to divert the discussion to a yabbut "I said it was political." A simple, yeah, we should all try to learn from each other, would have been nice.
It wasn't a yabbut. It was directly responsive to your rant. Maybe I misread your point. Again, sorry. Not trying to get in any arguments. Like I said, you probably know more than me about banking. I was just trying to add to the discussion about "victims." I'll bow out now. Cheers.

Reactions: ribbont
Okay, well you'd probably know banking better than me. I'm just pointing out that the statute was written to protect New York consumers as a whole, not necessarily the banking industry, or really any specific party in any transaction, which is why it doesn't require identifiable victims. Sorry if I did that in a rather pedestrian fashion.
I have repeatedly said this lawsuit was political. That doesn't make it legally faulty. Again, more than one thing can be true at the same time.
The State Of New York admits the case it was political through the mouth of its Attorney General.

Based on your posts, I think you would agree that this case was at least an unusual and unique application of the statute and is using the statute in a way the legislature did not intend.

It’s at least an abuse of the law for political purposes. Why would anyone defend that? Being technically free of legal fault does not mean the case was a wise use of government power.

It wasn't a yabbut. It was directly responsive to your rant. Maybe I misread your point. Again, sorry. Not trying to get in any arguments. Like I said, you probably know more than me about banking. I was just trying to add to the discussion about "victims." I'll bow out now. Cheers.

Maybe I took it the wrong way. Still pissed about IUBB.

i don't buy into that in the least. i genuinely have never disliked a president more than biden. the disaster that he's been has only been mitigated by manchin/sinema and losing the house. and i've voted dem far more than republican. i liked obama unlike many of my brethren conservatives and LOVE clinton. but biden brought progressive hell to the country right out of the gate and we're still paying the price for it

I posted it for the entertainment value.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
No. I am saying no company, EVER, has been held to the standard the Trump Org has been held to, EVER. Not even the Trump Org in 2014, 2004, 1994, 1984, 1974, or 1964. EVER. No company has been charged when there was no victim or damages. And there were no victims or damages. Who was damaged?

You keep saying there doesn't have to be damages and that us true. But it NEVER happened before, until Trump got into politics and James decided to find a way to get Trump.

My arguments are not about Trump being truthful or not, or about him being a POS or not. It's about James using her position to go after Trump and judge willing to join her.
I was responding to your Post No. 536 which says nothing about "James using her position to go after Trump and judge willing to join her." All your Post No. 536 talks about is claiming that even though Trump committed a wrong by inflating his financial statements, it is the responsibility of the banks to guard against his wrongdoing.

I'm glad you can admit that Trump committed a wrong, but you are wrong to give Trump a free pass for his wrongdoing like that. If a Republican government attorney dared to file the same suit against Trump, the same thing would happen -- Trump would immediately attack that attorney creating animosity and then claim he/she took action only because he/she was was biased against him.

Trump is not a victim, should be held accountable and doesn't get to handpick the babysitters that try to correct him.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The fact that you are fine with what Trump did is what is wrong with this country.

So any judge that goes against trump is a biased liberal?

Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

I guess if ever get in trouble with the law, I will just say the judge is a biased conservative.
He must have a timing issue. None of these suits were brought before he was running for President. Very convenient.

• Haha
I honestly care very little about this case. I do generally trust the process as I'm a law and order kind of guy, but I take no joy in this particular finding, and I also don't care enough to be upset about it. I care about the two federal cases. Claims that those are liberals out to get him cannot be taken seriously. Tons of Republican investigators, grand jury members, etc., etc. involved in those cases. Not to mention the fact that several Trump associates have already pled guilty in the criminal cases. Plus, I think both of those cases are very serious. I think the Georgia case is the next most serious. I don't care at all about the hush money criminal case.
Any Federal case brought in DC or NYC has ver liberal bias. To say there is Republican representation is a fraud.

Sorry you feel this way stollcpa ,trump is a rapist and an insurrectionist, you are entitle to your opinion. He is a traitor to his country. I do not want to go back to pre 1964. thats why MAGA love him so. We are near the same age and I totally disagree with you . Im not seeking revenge. I want DEI. I want AA .I want my rights as a citizen to continue . trump will take away those rights.
NYC votes 85% Democrat. None of the verdicts or ridiculous awards would happen outside of there or DC. DEI is just sanctioned reverse discrimination that has created a golden goose of jobs for thousands of people so many have much to loose if that scam gets dismantled.

He must have a timing issue. None of these suits were brought before he was running for President. Very convenient.
So you think Trump has had no lawsuits against him prior to being president?

That is adorable.

Some of the suits had to do with people coming forward, others arose when illegal acts were found during an investigation.

But since he was president, apparently you think his illegal activities should just be ignored.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
It is when you’re weaponizing the legal system to go after your political enemies. It did not end well for Navalny but many on hear must think that’s ok
Isn't it also politicization when Republican officeholders ignore Trump's actions to protect him?

The "weaponization" argument is not a good one.

Any Federal case brought in DC or NYC has ver liberal bias. To say there is Republican representation is a fraud.
Lol In that case any liberal stuck in court in a conservative area can cry bias and walk free?

And Trump had admitted trumpers in at least one of his juries that actually went with guilty after hearing evidence.

But all of the keyboard warriors on here who don't care to see the evidence think they know better.

Lol In that case any liberal stuck in court in a conservative area can cry bias and walk free?

And Trump had admitted trumpers in at least one of his juries that actually went with guilty after hearing evidence.

But all of the keyboard warriors on here who don't care to see the evidence think they know better.
I am for getting rid of any bias, across-the-board. Biden crime family says hello.

I am for getting rid of any bias, across-the-board. Biden crime family says hello.
Lmao. You haven't proven bias

How about the bias of conservative politicians that have spent 3+ years trying to find a crime that Joe committed and still coming up empty handed? If Joe wasn't president, then no one would keep trying to find dirt for that long.

Biden crime family....you are hilarious. Hunter is the only one that has legal issues. No where comparable to the Trump crime family. If Republicans weren't biased, then they would be investigating Jared's dealings with Saudi arabia

I was responding to your Post No. 536 which says nothing about "James using her position to go after Trump and judge willing to join her." All your Post No. 536 talks about is claiming that even though Trump committed a wrong by inflating his financial statements, it is the responsibility of the banks to guard against his wrongdoing.

I'm glad you can admit that Trump committed a wrong, but you are wrong to give Trump a free pass for his wrongdoing like that. If a Republican government attorney dared to file the same suit against Trump, the same thing would happen -- Trump would immediately attack that attorney creating animosity and then claim he/she took action only because he/she was was biased against him.

Trump is not a victim, should be held accountable and doesn't get to handpick the babysitters that try to correct him.

James used selective prosecution to go after Trump for the sole purpose to "get him". She didn't do it because he harmed anyone, just because he is Trump.

How many other cases are pending against companies or individuals violating the statute? Is Trump the ONLY one who has inflated his assets in the entire existence of the statute? Heck, the lawsuit was so selective that now Hochul is telling others to not to worry, we are not coming for you.

And it IS the responsibility of the bank to protect itself and its shareholders against fraud. It is the fiduciary responsibility of the officers and the board to protect the entity from fraud. Hence, the due diligence.

I am not giving a free pass to Trump. I just want him to be treated fairly like everyone else. And to use a statute in a way it has never been used before and likely will never be used again with damages for no victims is an abuse of power.

And this guy was supposed to be a good poster?

Sounds like he's just spouting the Party line. Anyone who thinks a 'stimulus' check is the same as tax cuts just doesn't understand economics.
Digressions is a very good poster. The board is better when he is active. We will all disagree on certain issues but having someone that will discuss issues as opposed to just dropping insults is needed.

Lmao. You haven't proven bias

How about the bias of conservative politicians that have spent 3+ years trying to find a crime that Joe committed and still coming up empty handed? If Joe wasn't president, then no one would keep trying to find dirt for that long.

Biden crime family....you are hilarious. Hunter is the only one that has legal issues. No where comparable to the Trump crime family. If Republicans weren't biased, then they would be investigating Jared's dealings with Saudi charged. Because - If this had the hint of impropriety the DOJ would move heaven and earth to go after him.
You are in absolute denial. Is the laptop still Russian disinformation? Convenient timing of misinformation when the election was in play. The fact that Hunter is the only family member facing any charges speaks to bias rot in DOJ and FBI. Not to mention how all this got slow rolled and serious charges against him were allowed to expire.

Read my post again. The price of goods and services are determined by supply and demand. If everyone gains $1000 in discretionary income, aggregate demand will increase.

It doesn't matter how discretionary income was increased. Wage, tax cut, stimulus, it doesn't matter.

The question was rhetorical.
Sorry, it does matter though.

Digressions is a very good poster. The board is better when he is active. We will all disagree on certain issues but having someone that will discuss issues as opposed to just dropping insults is needed.
It wasn’t a disagreement, it’s a basic misunderstanding of how economics work. To be fair to Digressions 99% of leftist are clueless (and most people on the right).

The fact that he’s Donald Trump and you don’t think anyone should pity him doesn’t mean he wasn’t openly targeted for political reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: ButHerEmails
And this guy was supposed to be a good poster?

Sounds like he's just spouting the Party line. Anyone who thinks a 'stimulus' check is the same as tax cuts just doesn't understand economics.
Please read my post again.

How would the price of a good/service know where the increase in discretionary income came from?

A thought experiment: let's say you put your house up for auction. In auction house A, the potential buyers all have $100 dollars in their pocket. In auction house B, the potential buyers all have $10 million in their pocket.

Which auction house would you want to sell your house in? Obviously, B. It is necessarily the case. And it wouldn't matter where/how the patrons got the difference. Tax cut, stimulus, or giving hand jobs down the street.

The notion that tax cuts aren't inflationary is ridiculous. And what's worse is that an entire stage of people who want to be the Republican nominee for POTUS don't understand that either.

You are in absolute denial. Is the laptop still Russian disinformation? Convenient timing of misinformation when the election was in play. The fact that Hunter is the only family member facing any charges speaks to bias rot in DOJ and FBI. Not to mention how all this got slow rolled and serious charges against him were allowed to expire.
Sure it does. You may want more tin foil for your hat before inflation causes prices to go up. Nutso

You do realize that the fbi is led by a conservative appointed by Trump and majority of agents are conservative. But your defense is they are biased the opposite direction. Sure. Or the much more likely option that Trump is guilty as hell and Biden isn't as guilty as you wished.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Please read my post again.

How would the price of a good/service know where the increase in discretionary income came from?

A thought experiment: let's say you put your house up for auction. In auction house A, the potential buyers all have $100 dollars in their pocket. In auction house B, the potential buyers all have $10 million in their pocket.

Which auction house would you want to sell your house in? Obviously, B. It is necessarily the case. And it wouldn't matter where/how the patrons got the difference. Tax cut, stimulus, or giving hand jobs down the street.

The notion that tax cuts aren't inflationary is ridiculous. And what's worse is that an entire stage of people who want to be the Republican nominee for POTUS don't understand that either.
i'm not sure how you're framing this makes sense re discretionary income. the free cheese, or bread really, artificially stimulates demand without stimulating supply. a better scenario is that you only have two houses available. A and B and now people have more money than ever to spend on them

Sorry, it does matter though.
So, if people get a $1000 in stimulus checks they buy goods and services? If they get a $1000 dollars in tax cuts they invest it? If they get a $1000 in inheritance, how do they spend that? If they get a $1000 scratch off, how do they spend that?

If they get a $1000 wage increase, how do they spend that? I'm sure you watched the you tube video of Jerome Powell I posted last year, when he talked about raising interest rates for fear of the wage inflation cyclone? I assume you agree with us that rising wages are inflationary?

Getting out your checkbook?

lmao.

Lighten up francis. Sorry your hero is getting repercussions for his actions.
Trump is NOT my hero.

I would just like you guys to acknowledge this is political and personal what the democrats are doing.

I bet a prosecutor so inclined could go after every democrat in the house and senate and find a grand jury to charge them for something.

I have heard of CPA firms being sued for preparing misstated financial statements for a client.

I’ve never heard of an individual being prosecuted for overestimating values on their personal financials.

I’ll bet most members of the congress and senate along with the president have understated their assets on their public filings, hiding their true net worth. None are being investigated or prosecuted.

i'm not sure how you're framing this makes sense re discretionary income. the free cheese, or bread really, artificially stimulates demand without stimulating supply. a better scenario is that you only have two houses available. A and B and now people have more money than ever to spend on them
How does it matter if the "more money" came from stimulus or giving handjobs?

Edit: What bearing does the "where" have on the price of the house?

Last edited:
Trump is NOT my hero.

I would just like you guys to acknowledge this is political and personal what the democrats are doing.

I bet a prosecutor so inclined could go after every democrat in the house and senate and find a grand jury to charge them for something.

I have heard of CPA firms being sued for preparing misstated financial statements for a client.

I’ve never heard of an individual being prosecuted for overestimating values on their personal financials.

I’ll bet most members of the congress and senate along with the president have understated their assets on their public filings, hiding their true net worth. None are being investigated or prosecuted.
I would just like you to admit that trump is guilty and the judge and jury weren't biased for coming to that conclusion after actually hearing the evidence.

The only thing remotely political might have been the prosecutor's decision to take the case, but going after someone that committed a crime is hardly wrong.

Will you admit that Republicans going after Biden is entirely political and a complete waste of taxpayer money given that they still have nothing to show for it after 3 plus years of trying. Otherwise we would be seeing impeachment charges on Biden

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and DANC
It wasn’t a disagreement, it’s a basic misunderstanding of how economics work. To be fair to Digressions 99% of leftist are clueless (and most people on the right).

I don't know what you teach ... But I sure as hell can assume it's not economics.

So, if people get a $1000 in stimulus checks they buy goods and services? If they get a $1000 dollars in tax cuts they invest it? If they get a $1000 in inheritance, how do they spend that? If they get a $1000 scratch off, how do they spend that?

I get your point, but on the micro level I don't thing $20 more in your take home pay is as "stimulating" as a $1000 check all at once. Joe sixpack likes that big hit. That's why so many set up their withholding to give them a big refund.

I get your point, but on the micro level I don't thing $20 more in your take home pay is as "stimulating" as a $1000 check all at once. Joe sixpack likes that big hit. That's why so many set up their withholding to give them a big refund.
@Digressions this is what i was going to write. tax cuts don't apply to everyone. people not working. people who don't owe etc. added to what mark perfectly stated

Reactions: Digressions

It's actually the opposite. A $20 tax cut per week is almost certainly to be fully spent. While a $1k one time check is more likely be a combo of spent and saved/pay down debt. There has been a lot of research on this and it always comes to the same conclusion.

How does it matter if the "more money" came from stimulus or giving handjobs?

Edit: What bearing does the "where" have on the price of the house?
Stimulus increases money supply. The handjob causes the same supply of money to change hands. Unless of course….Uncle Sam is the one receiving the hand job

Reactions: DANC
And I understand your point, but inflation(at least the inflation that we're discussing) happens in the aggregate.

In my example, it was $1000 and $1000. Apples to apples. The candidates didn't discuss the particulars of their proposals, but every dollar that is put into the economy would increase the aggregate supply of discretionary income and necessarily be inflationary. The source doesn't matter.

When you state someone is using a trope, you are not wanting a discussion but an argument. I gave you one. And you replied passive aggressively, so your stupid reply received a stupid answer. Be better. And get Trump out of you head. My goodness, I never mentioned him.
Wrong. Gun control is a topic I take very seriously and have personal reasons to do so. You made a silly joke about it. Trump will never be out of my head until your party and our country can move on from him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT