ADVERTISEMENT

-3 @ the barn

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Game two of the must wins happens tonight. Minny is the second worse team in the league, and has no real reason to play with us tonight. We see a continuation of our last performance. Would be great to get a few more guys in rhythm. Parker and Miller both should have open looks tonight. 40%+ from beyond the arc is what I want to see.

All Aboard!

This is another game IU should expect to win.
IU Can’t achieve team goals letting teams behind in the standings make up ground.
TJD had an so-so night vs. MD, and the team responded
Even the subs played better.
Expect TJD to return to form and lead IU to victory.

Game two of the must wins happens tonight. Minny is the second worse team in the league, and has no real reason to play with us tonight. We see a continuation of our last performance. Would be great to get a few more guys in rhythm. Parker and Miller both should have open looks tonight. 40%+ from beyond the arc is what I want to see.

All Aboard!
-3 isn't exactly saying IU rolls. Outside of a few games, this team grinds to wins and as we all know, struggles to close out games. In order for us to win, it takes more than one player producing. Our offense is creating open looks, we simply aren't consistently knocking them down. Maybe we need Trayce to get into early foul trouble again as it seems to open our offense up when he's not in. This will likely be Race's last game vs Minny at Minny and he always rises up for them. I predict a big game from Race today and as you pointed out, Parker is beyond due. If we can get Race rolling with a 15/10 type day, Parker hitting 4 threes and another controlled highly efficient game from X, I see IU winning comfortably today. However, if those things don't happen and we see X get into early foul trouble in each half, look out! We need that dude in the game as he's the only one outside of RP and Trey who can actually penetrate the lane and create. Seeing that RP is out and I assume Trey as well, it's all on X to make that happen! Let's go!

-3 isn't exactly saying IU rolls. Outside of a few games, this team grinds to wins and as we all know, struggles to close out games. In order for us to win, it takes more than one player producing. Our offense is creating open looks, we simply aren't consistently knocking them down. Maybe we need Trayce to get into early foul trouble again as it seems to open our offense up when he's not in. This will likely be Race's last game vs Minny at Minny and he always rises up for them. I predict a big game from Race today and as you pointed out, Parker is beyond due. If we can get Race rolling with a 15/10 type day, Parker hitting 4 threes and another controlled highly efficient game from X, I see IU winning comfortably today. However, if those things don't happen and we see X get into early foul trouble in each half, look out! We need that dude in the game as he's the only one outside of RP and Trey who can actually penetrate the lane and create. Seeing that RP is out and I assume Trey as well, it's all on X to make that happen! Let's go!
This is a 45% win game, a coin flip in gambling terms. I do think we are supremely focused and driven today. Pstew for 17 today.

Reactions: aajohn2000
On paper, we win easily. But we never win easily playing in the barn. I’ve seen some bad IU performances in that place. Let’s hope good X shows up today, and TJD is fully engaged and not sleepwalking.

This is a 45% win game, a coin flip in gambling terms. I do think we are supremely focused and driven today. Pstew for 17 today.
This feels like a game I will record and not watch live. If we win, I'll go back and watch it. I feel like we win this game and the next vs Rutgers, lose at Purdue and take one in the BTT to finish season 20-12, we are in as a 7, 8 or 9 seed in the tourney. But, we absolutely have to win today. Can't lose this game. Hell they only lost to Wiscy by one in their last game.

This feels like a game I will record and not watch live. If we win, I'll go back and watch it. I feel like we win this game and the next vs Rutgers, lose at Purdue and take one in the BTT to finish season 20-12, we are in as a 7, 8 or 9 seed in the tourney. But, we absolutely have to win today. Can't lose this game. Hell they only lost to Wiscy by one in their last game.
That one point loss at the end of the year at home can completely wipe out a teams confidence. Especially when you are shitty and have nothing to play for. We play with passion and do or die, I am betting (literally) they fold!

Reactions: aajohn2000
That one point loss at the end of the year at home can completely wipe out a teams confidence. Especially when you are shitty and have nothing to play for. We play with passion and do or die, I am betting (literally) they fold!
You are the eternal optimist. I love it!

It’s going to be so cold in the Barn tonight that they’re going to add 3 psi to the basketballs just to get them to bounce.

Beware.

Cavanagh , How much $$ have you lost betting on IU this year? You are 1-5 in Feb so far. Luv your optimism.

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
Cavanagh , How much $$ have you lost betting on IU this year? You are 1-5 in Feb so far. Luv your optimism.
I stopped keeping track awhile back, I am close to even. 1k PU ML bet was a big help. Have made a few other 1k bets (locks). MI and Wisconsin hurt. 750ish each on those.

I stopped keeping track awhile back, I am close to even. 1k PU ML bet was a big help. Have made a few other 1k bets (locks). MI and Wisconsin hurt. 750ish each on those.
Question. This might be a dumb one but I don't bet on sports. Obviously insider trading of stocks is illegal. If you had inside knowledge that Woody was going to bench 5 guys for the NW game and went out and bet a fortune on the Wildcats that would be highly illegal right? I'm just wondering more how they catch people for such a thing.

Question. This might be a dumb one but I don't bet on sports. Obviously insider trading of stocks is illegal. If you had inside knowledge that Woody was going to bench 5 guys for the NW game and went out and bet a fortune on the Wildcats that would be highly illegal right? I'm just wondering more how they catch people for such a thing.
The same way they catch illegal stock trading. Almost never 😂

All Aboard!
IU by 3 seems like a good line for us. They can’t match up with our bigs and bench. I expect a 10+ point win.

have you watched the last 20 games in the barn?? I hope you're right but that place eats us alive.
We are 2-2 in the last 4 games dating back to 2016. One of the losses was by 1 point. As bad as our record has been in the B1G the past 6 seasons and a horrific road record, the barn has actually not been too bad for us.

I had a nickel tonight on them.
Never a doubt!
All Aboard!!
200.gif

Question. Has there ever been a team favored by 3.5, have dam near a 30 point lead with less than 10 to go and not cover? If I am a betting man, it would be a Mike Woodsan coached IU basketball team. Wtf was that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT