ADVERTISEMENT

A win is a win…I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago-bound Hoosier

All-American
Mar 14, 2003
Get off my lawn
Only got to see the second half. What I saw was a fair amount of ugly basketball. Some nice oops to Ware and some nice baby spin hooks from MR.

Maybe Gallo should try shooting FTs underhand ala Rick Barry. First one was a 16 footer. Second was a 14 footer.

X looks all out of sorts right now. Cupps was getting abused on D by the much quicker Minny guard.

I’ll take the win. But wasn’t all that entertaining to watch.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
I missed the better half it looks like.
You did. And I get what you are saying. It got ugly in spots 2nd half.

Go look at the stats and you’ll see quite a few positives. 4 double digit scorers, TG with 7 assists, KW 14reb, we didn’t get our ass kicked on the boards.

Woodson did a little better tonight with substitutions. Ok I’m reaching, but there were positive takeaways.

Cupps is trying and I think he’ll be a kid that is gonna be a scrapper….missed too many free throws (lack of concentration) and didn’t like X’s body language but do like how the team is looking for the lob to ware and MM seemed really engaged for most of the game

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Cupps is trying and I think he’ll be a kid that is gonna be a scrapper….missed too many free throws (lack of concentration) and didn’t like X’s body language but do like how the team is looking for the lob to ware and MM seemed really engaged for most of the game
Yeah MM’s game is improving. X is a real concern. His pride looked critically wounded tonight.

Really good start to the game Mgbako played his best game defense was better probably best all around best game but Minnesota is not very good. I don't know if Cupps is going to be good but he plays hard and I will take that.

Only got to see the second half. What I saw was a fair amount of ugly basketball. Some nice oops to Ware and some nice baby spin hooks from MR.

Maybe Gallo should try shooting FTs underhand ala Rick Barry. First one was a 16 footer. Second was a 14 footer.

X looks all out of sorts right now. Cupps was getting abused on D by the much quicker Minny guard.

Thanks, err, for your 2nd half opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cutter1973
Cupps has been a scrapper from day one...that's his game.

Free throws, turnovers, rebounds...this team's kryptonite. Every game. Field goal % be damned, can't win if you don't do the other 3.

Hard to stay up when you have that big of a lead. IU won start to finish. Our starters played really well for the most part. Lost focus in the second half a few times but they played a solid, unselfish game tonight.
Totally agree.. It all comes down to points off turnovers. I know that our Sr guards have not played much together, but we are terribly negative in road games (points off turnovers & positive at AH). With Sr guards, you would think that we could correct that.. If so, we have some winnable road games left & it will continue to help us protect the home court.

Watched the whole game and far more good than bad. Any W in conference play is good. Was nice to see the team respond when they faltered a bit in the second. Pushing the lead back up to the 16pt range won the game.

Hard to stay up when you have that big of a lead. IU won start to finish. Our starters played really well for the most part. Lost focus in the second half a few times but they played a solid, unselfish game tonight.
Mentally tough teams keep it up for 40 minuets. I thought we lost focus in the 2nd half. We should have widened the lead.

Could you say something positive

Reactions: Beorik
Yep. Cupps is in a position he should have never been put in (Thanks, coach). But it will only do him and the program well in the future (Perfect for coach). Needs to be surrounded by a Boogie or a Harper to totally be bad ass but most likely be stuck with Gunn or a portal guard. Either way, I'm happy IU has him. Will be Galloway in valuable terms as an upper classmen who wil develop a mean streak and a reliable jumper in cruch time. His handle will tighten like Hulls did. We have a really good 3 years coming up with him.

I missed the better half it looks like.
Agree with Paterade. It's pretty natural for a team to lose focus a bit after a healthy lead and that's the portion you watched, so you did need to see the first half to make a realistic judgement. It's not often you see a team win by 30+ and that's why. Looked much better in the first half. Most concerning thing to me is X pouting. Might be that CMW either just needs to accept it and start him, or dismiss him or bury him on the bench. Doesn't look like he'll put himself in the frame of mind to do whatever needs to be done and I think that's his reputation anyway.

No longer a team captain? Is that official? I certainly agree that he shouldn't be but hadn't heard a thing about that.
Should have clarified that I read that on another board from a reputable contributor. Have not independently verified and we were not there last night.

You still in the same seats or did you ever gamble?

Should have clarified that I read that on another board from a reputable contributor. Have not independently verified and we were not there last night.

You still in the same seats or did you ever gamble?
I stayed put and probably will for the foreseeable future. I've made friends in those seats over the years and enjoy their company. Would still like to move back to Row 5 to lean against the wall and help my aging back but my buddy Angelo and Jared's ex won't be giving those up soon. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT