ADVERTISEMENT

A win is a win…I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MM decides to be a scorer and not just a 3 pt jump shooter, he'll make a bunch of money. I loved his drives and willingness to mix it up inside last night. Not sure why he started drinking out of the bad-ft-shooting-watercooler with the rest of the guys, but he's clearly learning how to score inside. That was a problem early on as he was getting a lot of shots blocked. Then he refused to go inside for several games because of it. Now, he's figured it out. Good for him and real good for the Hoosiers.

Only got to see the second half. What I saw was a fair amount of ugly basketball. Some nice oops to Ware and some nice baby spin hooks from MR.

Maybe Gallo should try shooting FTs underhand ala Rick Barry. First one was a 16 footer. Second was a 14 footer.

X looks all out of sorts right now. Cupps was getting abused on D by the much quicker Minny guard.

I’ll take the win. But wasn’t all that entertaining to watch.
Enjoyed the hell out of it. Much better effort all around and as I told my wife early in the game, it was a sure win. I think I've been right 100 percent of the time when I've said this. Sometimes, you just know.

Reactions: Beorik
Did it hurt?
Tore me in two. Because I wish doom upon the one team I’ve followed and supported my entire life.

I’m just too much of a realist to be a sunshine boy. I’ll start feeling better again if we beat Purdue next week. Beating Minny at home does little for our tourney resume. We need Quad 1 wins. And I’m worried about X and team chemistry.

Tore me in two. Because I wish doom upon the one team I’ve followed and supported my entire life.

I’m just too much of a realist to be a sunshine boy. I’ll start feeling better again if we beat Purdue next week. Beating Minny at home does little for our tourney resume. We need Quad 1 wins. And I’m worried about X and team chemistry.
Yet another pessimist that claims he’s a realist. So far it’s 100 percent!

Reactions: Willdog7 and Beorik
Only got to see the second half. What I saw was a fair amount of ugly basketball. Some nice oops to Ware and some nice baby spin hooks from MR.

Maybe Gallo should try shooting FTs underhand ala Rick Barry. First one was a 16 footer. Second was a 14 footer.

X looks all out of sorts right now. Cupps was getting abused on D by the much quicker Minny guard.

I’ll take the win. But wasn’t all that entertaining to watch.
You watch half a game and think you have some valuable input? Missed the first half, missed half time adjustments, substitution patterns, how the lead was built, but we should hear your opinion? I disagree with everything you said because you didn’t watch the damn game! Holy crap STFU

You watch half a game and think you have some valuable input? Missed the first half, missed half time adjustments, substitution patterns, how the lead was built, but we should hear your opinion? I disagree with everything you said because you didn’t watch the damn game! Holy crap STFU
so you disagree that we ran some nice lob dunks for Ware?
And disagree that MR is getting very good at the turn around baby hook?
And that X looked like a lost soul searching for his sanity?
And that MM has been inproving?

Thanks for your valuable input.

I clearly stated that I only saw the second half. That said...last I checked, that is still 50% of the game played.
And since this is an open forum free board, no one is forcing you to read ANY of my posts. I suggest you put me on ignore, for both your benefit and mine.

As for your request to STFU.....GFY.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: CriticArisen

I clearly stated that I only saw the second half. That said...last I checked, that is still 50% of the game played.
And since this is an open forum free board, no one is forcing you to read ANY of my posts. I suggest you put me on ignore, for both your benefit and mine.

Have a nice day.
Thanks for posting. I never realized that you were so negative, but now I know.

😉

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
There are multiple posts already calling for Woody's head (which I do not agree to).
All I said was 2nd half of Minny game was sloppy and I'm worried about X...and that sets people off.
I think there are some posters on here with basically IUBB-induced PTSD. Any criticism of the the current coach or program sets them off. It's been that way all the way back to Davis in some ways (although that was certainly a very different dynamic with all of the Loopers), but certainly to Crean. It's an odd trait for people to have on a MESSAGE BOARD, but here we are.

I think it's due to the fact that they know deep-down that the program isn't in great shape right now, and hasn't been for a long time, so they over-compensate a bit in defending it. Otherwise, there would be no need for such quick, scathing replies to criticism.

But hey, beat Purdue this week and everyone on this board will be holding hands and singing Kumbaya, metaphorically, of course. At least for a little while...

Last edited:

Have a nice day.
Watched half a game and think your points are valid…says it all. You are dismissed.

I think there are some posters on here with basically IUBB-induced PTSD. Any criticism of the the current coach or program sets them off. It's been that way all the way back to Davis, in some ways (although that was certainly a very different dynamic with all of the Loopers), but certainly to Crean. It's an odd trait for people to have on a MESSAGE BOARD, but here we are.

I think it's due to the fact that they know deep-down that the program isn't in great shape right now, and hasn't been for a long time, so they over-compensate a bit in defending it. Otherwise, there would be no need for such quick, scathing replies to criticism.

But hey, beat Purdue this week and everyone on this board will be holding hands and singing Kumbaya, metaphorically, of course. At least for a little while...
it's crazy because, while I admitted only to watching the 2nd half, and commented that overall play was sloppy in the 2nd half, I had several good things to say (except for X, whose play is being defended by no one). Yet some reacted as if I called their teenage daughter ugly. Triggered...and I can't even figure out why.

Next 3 games could shape our entire season, and put us back in the tourney conversation, and contrary to what the sunshine girls think, I will still be pulling for IU, just like I have since 1974. I just don't go thru life with rose colors blinders on my face.

it's crazy because, while I admitted only to watching the 2nd half, and commented that overall play was sloppy in the 2nd half, I had several good things to say (except for X, whose play is being defended by no one). Yet some reacted as if I called their teenage daughter ugly. Triggered...and I can't even figure out why.

Next 3 games could shape our entire season, and put us back in the tourney conversation, and contrary to what the sunshine girls think, I will still be pulling for IU, just like I have since 1974. I just don't go thru life with rose colors blinders on my face.
Yep. Agreed. It's obviously still early enough in the season for IU to win enough meaningful games to get into the tourney and even get a favorable seed. And there's clearly talent on this team. Nothing negative about that.

On the other hand, anyone who isn't willing to admit that outside of the Kansas game, IU has been essentially eviscerated in meaningful games (marque games and road games), is lying to themselves. And ok, IU wasn't eviscerated in the Rutgers game, but they probably played their worst game of the season in that one. Rutgers played badly and IU still lost by 9.

I am sure you’ll have a better day than the message board religious police that hang out waiting for someone to write something they can claim is a defamation.
f665a762ead8b4b66dc7f1260866cb86.jpg

• Sad
I think there are some posters on here with basically IUBB-induced PTSD. Any criticism of the the current coach or program sets them off. It's been that way all the way back to Davis in some ways (although that was certainly a very different dynamic with all of the Loopers), but certainly to Crean. It's an odd trait for people to have on a MESSAGE BOARD, but here we are.

My problem is the team is 12 - 4. 4 and 2 in the big ten. Things could always be better.This team have a lot of issues to work on with 10 new players. It will take time, lets see at the end of the season. CMW IS doing a better job than the previous coach. Some people ,the naysayers all they do is criticize w/o a positive word. The sky is falling fired the coach. The program is in great shape and they IU will be even better net year but you will find something wrong with that.

I don't care about negativity or positivity they're both emotional biases. What I can't stand is the dumbasses that spew Torrette's like stupid shit based on nothing but ignornace and butthurt but present it as fact. Otherwise critique is fine, if it's based on knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
This sure aged quickly.
You really are slow. I never defended the team or blew sunshine. In fact, I didn’t have much hope for this team the first half of the season….too young. Hoping they find roles and a style of play that wins the second half of the season.
I simply called out how idiotic it is to provide analysis of a game that you didn’t watch. The fact that you can’t understand this proves how low your basketball IQ is and how insecure you are. Keep trying to prove you are right and look more foolish. Ready? Go!

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
You really are slow. I never defended the team or blew sunshine. In fact, I didn’t have much hope for this team the first half of the season….too young. Hoping they find roles and a style of play that wins the second half of the season.
I simply called out how idiotic it is to provide analysis of a game that you didn’t watch. The fact that you can’t understand this proves how low your basketball IQ is and how insecure you are. Keep trying to prove you are right and look more foolish. Ready? Go!
"A game I didn't watch"....false. I did watch the second half, and made that crystal clear in the very first sentence of my OP. And only commented on observations during the second half. Then admitted that it sounded like I missed the better half- first half. This isn't a low bb IQ issue...this is a reading comprehension issue.

As for your continued hang up claiming I "didn't watch the game" - which is 50% inaccurate to begin with...take it up with your therapist.

And as for claiming to not be in the sunshine crew, after jumping on board with them to attack me....then claim you aren't part of the sunshine crew the day after PU hands us our asses....ok sure. Not a big deal to me either way.

BTW....still waiting for you or anyone explain why my analysis of what I did observe during the second half of the Minny game was incorrect. You do realize that the second 20 min of that game, was still part of the game? I was merely concerned that we didn't play a crisp 2nd half of the Minny game, and was concerned that might bleed over into the Purdue game. How'd that analysis pan out??

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerRevMatt
"A game I didn't watch"....false. I did watch the second half, and made that crystal clear in the very first sentence of my OP. And only commented on observations during the second half. Then admitted that it sounded like I missed the better half- first half. This isn't a low bb IQ issue...this is a reading comprehension issue.

As for your continued hang up claiming I "didn't watch the game" - which is 50% inaccurate to begin with...take it up with your therapist.

And as for claiming to not be in the sunshine crew, after jumping on board with them to attack me....then claim you aren't part of the sunshine crew the day after PU hands us our asses....ok sure. Not a big deal to me either way.

BTW....still waiting for you or anyone explain why my analysis of what I did observe during the second half of the Minny game was incorrect. You do realize that the second 20 min of that game, was still part of the game? I was merely concerned that we didn't play a crisp 2nd half of the Minny game, and was concerned that might bleed over into the Purdue game. How'd that analysis pan out??
I knew you wouldn’t let it go. I rarely post here, I just read and try to pick up some info and quality analysis. Sometimes I post to call out excessive stupidity, like “ I only watched half a game, but I should tell you all what I think because I’m super important, knowledgeable and on my way to Chicago!”lol
Try to understand this…..never mind, you are too old, arrogant and stubborn to see your mistake. Not the first time you have heard that.

I knew you wouldn’t let it go. I rarely post here, I just read and try to pick up some info and quality analysis. Sometimes I post to call out excessive stupidity, like “ I only watched half a game, but I should tell you all what I think because I’m super important, knowledgeable and on my way to Chicago!”lol
Try to understand this…..never mind, you are too old, arrogant and stubborn to see your mistake. Not the first time you have heard that

Sieg Heil, mein Fuhrer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT