ADVERTISEMENT

2023 ***** Mackenzie Mgbako to visit per D.H.

Your trash talk game is almost as weak as your
MAoIEvd_d.webp
hoops knowledge.

Get some new material "son".

Negative outlook guess.

Mgbako posted on Instagram last night a picture of himself in an IU jersey draped in his country’s flag.

My guess is that is leverage to get the Kansas people to up their NIL money package for him before he signs with them.

Negative outlook guess.

Mgbako posted on Instagram last night a picture of himself in an IU jersey draped in his country’s flag.

My guess is that is leverage to get the Kansas people to up their NIL money package for him before he signs with them.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory?

Why can't a kid post his pics from a visit like he was enjoying himself?

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory?

Why can't a kid post his pics from a visit like he was enjoying himself?
Sounds like slater is connected to the family. They had asked the staff to keep this quiet and as private as possible. They gave the go ahead to release what we have seen. Has anyone seen any Kansas stuff?

He must have posted it so we upped our NIL effort.
It was just a guess. And while I hope it’s just a kid being excited about his choices… it’s all changing and it’s a business now. Prospects like him really are, at a much earlier age, income producing “companies”… and more often than not, their social media posts are calculated and measured…and not even generated by the kids themselves in most cases any more. And driving up NIL money, I’m sure has become very high on the priority list of these kids, and the people guiding them.

• Sad
Reactions: Bucket Getter
It was just a guess. And while I hope it’s just a kid being excited about his choices… it’s all changing and it’s a business now. Prospects like him really are, at a much earlier age, income producing “companies”… and more often than not, their social media posts are calculated and measured…and not even generated by the kids themselves in most cases any more. And driving up NIL money, I’m sure has become very high on the priority list of these kids, and the people guiding them.

How sad for college athletics and it

SUCKS!

He wasn't the one that posted them, someone else did.

Let's hope the recruiting staff makes certain he reads this article:

Let's hope the recruiting staff makes certain he reads this article:

I wouldnt be surprised if woodie gets a Knicks player to give him a call during his official.

Sad for fans that don’t like to see the players who generate the money get paid. Ludicrous it hasn’t been done yet.

If Mgbako has a chance to change the wealth of his family by his college choice, he would be a moron not to prioritize that.
Sure, but it's terrible for the college game. Terrible

I’m not against NIL and guys being able to get paid for autographs and such, but the pay for play stuff is bad for the sport. Example Dickinson getting 4 mill from Kansas

I think they ought to put a range of stratas of NIL with a cap. Maybe have some formula tied in with the revenues the school makes from that sport.

Like 5-10% of annual/total then put part of that 'NIL' money into a trust fund for the student. Like a 401 which they can't take out for a while but gets some annual dividend after they leave school

I think they ought to put a range of stratas of NIL with a cap. Maybe have some formula tied in with the revenues the school makes from that sport.

Like 5-10% of annual/total then put part of that 'NIL' money into a trust fund for the student. Like a 401 which they can't take out for a while but gets some annual dividend after they leave school

Well, that would probably hold up in court about as well as the old system did.
The genie is out of the bottle.

Sad for fans that don’t like to see the players who generate the money get paid. Ludicrous it hasn’t been done yet.

If Mgbako has a chance to change the wealth of his family by his college choice, he would be a moron not to prioritize that.

I have no problem with players making some money BUT with the way it is now, what is the difference between pros and college? The amount of zeros?
If reports are true and Dickinson is getting 4 mil for one year, what is the difference?

Ok. You guys still don’t understand. The Supreme Court ruled on this. They b!tch slapped the ncaa for limiting individuals from making money on themselves. There will be no infringement on what a player can make. It would be like you running a business and someone coming in and saying, “stop! You can’t make that much money!” We are going to cap you. The Supreme Court has spoken. They will not let any institution or congress stop it. If anything the states will start letting the athletic departments help and be involved. Remember NIL is regulated at the states level not national level. The ncaa is literally toothless looking at a steak.

I have no problem with players making some money BUT with the way it is now, what is the difference between pros and college? The amount of zeros?
If reports are true and Dickinson is getting 4 mil for one year, what is the difference?
It is different. These are outside contracts. There is no collective bargaining salary like the nba.

I’m not against NIL and guys being able to get paid for autographs and such, but the pay for play stuff is bad for the sport. Example Dickinson getting 4 mill from Kansas
Why do you care? That’s literally a small section of players. He’s not getting 4 million from Kansas. Do you think Kansas has more donors or money than IU donors? Stop tying this directly to a school. Will there be shady cases? Yep. Always has been. You think getting paid under the table will stop? Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT