ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Updates

Frye makes his July 4th announcement today. Odds he picks IU? Would be another nice home state get, but it's also not the end of humanity if he goes elsewhere. I still say until they sign on dotted line in Dec or Feb, anything can happen. If IU has great season, things could change too. #Bullish

I’m going with 1 in a Columbusillion

Well, of course wish him well, but the IU train keeps moving forward. And I will say this, a certain RB last year made the same decision a year ago only to change later.

Wonder how he’ll feel if IU beats the Bucks in week 3?

A great OL commit from FL will ease the sting just fine. Let’s go Hoosiers!

Well, of course wish him well, but the IU train keeps moving forward. And I will say this, a certain RB last year made the same decision a year ago only to change later.

Wonder how he’ll feel if IU beats the Bucks in week 3?

A great OL commit from FL will ease the sting just fine. Let’s go Hoosiers!
I'm fully in the camp that we'll win 7 or 8 games this year (including beating OSU on FOX) and flip either Fryar or Brevard. With Fryar specifically, perception is often reality when it comes to recruiting and an early season win over OSU would have to shake confidence in Ryan Day.

Perhaps I'm just too big of a homer, but I just have a feeling this is the year that things take off

I'm fully in the camp that we'll win 7 or 8 games this year (including beating OSU on FOX) and flip either Fryar or Brevard. With Fryar specifically, perception is often reality when it comes to recruiting and an early season win over OSU would have to shake confidence in Ryan Day.

Perhaps I'm just too big of a homer, but I just have a feeling this is the year that things take off
nstw2.jpg

Reactions: 82hoosier
The question if he stays with his recruitment will he be another Hoosier who sits on the bench through out his career; I certainly hope not and wish him the best. I do hope he pulls a Sampson though and ends up at IU.

Reactions: Sassy61 and kobis18
The question if he stays with his recruitment will he be another Hoosier who sits on the bench through out his career; I certainly hope not and wish him the best. I do hope he pulls a Sampson though and ends up at IU.

So you mean like Terry McLaurin or Pete Werner? Ya, sucks for them. No sour grapes here. Hopefully it works out for him. We’ll move forward and recruit kids who want to play at IU.

Were you ever dating more than a couple of girls at a time? Did you ever say to someone that you really liked them and they were your third choice right now?

This thread, which includes an intersection of (1) lack of commitment (to the good guys anyway) and (2) youthful dating, reminds me of a non-committal high school friend's exchange so many moons ago in the back seat of my red Plymouth Duster on a country road somewhere in Rush County.

High school friend's hot date: If you tell me you love me, you can go all the way.
High school friend: What do I get if I say I really, really like you a whole bunch?

Last edited:
Recruits from Illinois- A couple of years ago, we got 3 or so recruits from the Chicago Land area, just thinking aloud, I wonder if we still actively recruit the area?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Recruits from Illinois- A couple of years ago, we got 3 or so recruits from the Chicago Land area, just thinking aloud, I wonder if we still actively recruit the area?
I can't see any reason they would quit recruiting Chicago and Illinois. It was good to see them get into the Detroit area this year and into Wisconsin. The are hitting the gold mine in the South and moving into the other areas helps bring in better athletes.

Last edited:
I watched a little bit of film on Clearwater Academy today. I really liked the Sio and Bonhomie. Could not not locate Sparks. Little bit of a concern. Looking forward to them coming to our house next so will be able to see him in person.

It could happen this year. After all I’ve been reading about how the Hoosiers have been getting bigger faster and stronger each year for at least 25 years.

It could happen this year. After all I’ve been reading about how the Hoosiers have been getting bigger faster and stronger each year for at least 25 years.
How many times have you read about competing with the Miami Dolphins to retain the strength and conditioning staff...and winning

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT