ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Updates

Crazy thing is a few of these kids we missed on raved on IU and how they loved their official visit. Gage was one of these that said "the relationship with the coaches is the best of anyone right now" in regards to his relationship with our coaching staff.
Also did anyone else notice that it's not even end of june yet and Minnesota has almost a full class in verbal. 11 of them coming in the last week. That strikes me as really odd.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Flecks class is almost full but his average star rating is near the bottom of the conference. He's also super high pressure when recruiting. I read once that he actually sits recruits down, sets a 5 minute timer, and says after it goes off, his offer is off the table. Shitty as hell, but I can see where it would work on 17-18 year olds.

Flecks class is almost full but his average star rating is near the bottom of the conference. He's also super high pressure when recruiting. I read once that he actually sits recruits down, sets a 5 minute timer, and says after it goes off, his offer is off the table. Shitty as hell, but I can see where it would work on 17-18 year olds.
I would run his ass out of my house if he pulled that stunt on my son.

I would run his ass out of my house if he pulled that stunt on my son.
I agree with that sentiment. I should have clarified he does it on official visits. So he doesn't have to worry about dad pulling out a shotgun so much. I can't see that being a sustainable practice at a mid-level big ten program though. But I wouldn't be surprised if fleck only wants to be at minny for another year or two and then jump ship to a bigger program either. So he may not care if it's sustainable for where he's at.

The kids that buckle under that kind of pressure are the ones that flip in January.

It is no surprise he takes advantage of these kids and their parents .With the tools these folks have at their disposal as far as chat rooms , past recruiting history results and decommited lists it’s amazing they fall for this baloney.But most people choose to get caught in the moment and choose poorly.IU needs to concentrate on getting kids in for visits the more swings the better.Go Bowling Winning Season will make process go a lot easier.

It is no surprise he takes advantage of these kids and their parents .With the tools these folks have at their disposal as far as chat rooms , past recruiting history results and decommited lists it’s amazing they fall for this baloney.But most people choose to get caught in the moment and choose poorly.IU needs to concentrate on getting kids in for visits the more swings the better.Go Bowling Winning Season will make process go a lot easier.
Got the Tool part right.

Was thinking about the “not many signings yet” but lots of kids still visiting and for those who want to commit before season, wouldn’t likely commit until July. And yes, still think FL kids will follow, and if season goes well, recruits will follow.

Was thinking about the “not many signings yet” but lots of kids still visiting and for those who want to commit before season, wouldn’t likely commit until July. And yes, still think FL kids will follow, and if season goes well, recruits will follow.
We never have many commits at this point. We have this same conversation EVERY YEAR.

From what I've heard playing time isnt even a sell for fryar otherwise he would be looking at us since we have some older lineman.

From what I've heard playing time isnt even a sell for fryar otherwise he would be looking at us since we have some older lineman.
Guess we're looking at the next great Indiana player to follow in the footsteps of Tommy Stevens, Hunter Johnson and Brandon Peters.

I went over to Bucknuts and Lions Pride, they don’t have a single thread on Fryar. Seems weird. A kid sets a commitment date a few days away, you’d think their writers would mention it. While national guys like Wiltfong have him CB to OSU and PSU second, there isn’t any buzz on their boards. Maybe the national guys are wrong here?

Crazy thing is a few of these kids we missed on raved on IU and how they loved their official visit. Gage was one of these that said "the relationship with the coaches is the best of anyone right now" in regards to his relationship with our coaching staff.
Also did anyone else notice that it's not even end of june yet and Minnesota has almost a full class in verbal. 11 of them coming in the last week. That strikes me as really odd.

Were you ever dating more than a couple of girls at a time? Did you ever say to someone that you really liked them and they were your third choice right now?

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 82IU
I went over to Bucknuts and Lions Pride, they don’t have a single thread on Fryar. Seems weird. A kid sets a commitment date a few days away, you’d think their writers would mention it. While national guys like Wiltfong have him CB to OSU and PSU second, there isn’t any buzz on their boards. Maybe the national guys are wrong here?

When you expect to get great recruits as being a common as the sun rising, there’s is not a much emphasis on the individual as the class.

Lol what in the world. We missed on two recruits and you act like I am trolling, the world isn't ending. Don't understand people like you that say stuff like that in threads people start. You don't need to come in and pick a fight for no reason, benefits nobody and your activity is only pushing the apparently awful thread to the top
You WERE trolling. Don't pretend that wasn't your intent.

Frye makes his July 4th announcement today. Odds he picks IU? Would be another nice home state get, but it's also not the end of humanity if he goes elsewhere. I still say until they sign on dotted line in Dec or Feb, anything can happen. If IU has great season, things could change too. #Bullish

ADVERTISEMENT