ADVERTISEMENT

2019/2020

Those same experts many times rank teams based on the previous season's results.
Every year the same people think we’re ranked too low by the experts. It’s like deja vu.

If you think this team is in the top half of the conference you’re just completely blinded with crimson glasses and cream koolaid.

Every year the same people think we’re ranked too low by the experts. It’s like deja vu.

If you think this team is in the top half of the conference you’re just completely blinded with crimson glasses and cream koolaid.

Cream koolaid? Gross

Does it really matter what Brunk did at Butler? Did he steal your girlfriend or something?
I just get tired of the unrealistic expectations put on these kids before the season. Then when kids don’t live up to them grown men on here hurl personal attacks at them. It gets old.

I just get tired of the unrealistic expectations put on these kids before the season. Then when kids don’t live up to them grown men on here hurl personal attacks at them. It gets old.

So this is why you constantly poop in punch bowls? I don’t think that’s it...

Please come to terms with the natural and predictable ebb and flow of an anonymous college basketball posting board. Thanks!

Reactions: Brockway
The basketball "media" that vote on things like All-conference and rankings, well, they are mostly idiots who couldn't make a reverse lay up if you gave them a chair.

Give us your list of projected finish.

The basketball "media" that vote on things like All-conference and rankings, well, they are mostly idiots who couldn't make a reverse lay up if you gave them a chair.

Give us your list of projected finish.
So those people are mostly idiots but this board is full of experts and scholars? Get real.

I hope the gym is empty and who is there is constantly booing.

Does that include the grown men who hope fans boo the Hoosiers? You are an unbelievable piece of work.

And he posts 2 back to back Lander threads hoping people won't notice this.

Actually, the one titled "Lander" is from last January. It is the last time he posted a thread on Lander, and he said he was headed to prep school this year. I have not found that to be true but perhaps someone from Evansville, IN can comment on if Lander is still at Reitz High School or not.

Being an optimist, I think we'll do a lot better than the experts think and turn a real corner this year. But if we don't make the tournament and our worst nightmares come true and we spend all season watching horrible offense, I might find myself considering the dark side with fpeaugh. If my delusions of grandeur come true I wonder if He'll do the same.

Being an optimist, I think we'll do a lot better than the experts think and turn a real corner this year. But if we don't make the tournament and our worst nightmares come true and we spend all season watching horrible offense, I might find myself considering the dark side with fpeaugh. If my delusions of grandeur come true I wonder if He'll do the same.

It is hard to say at this point. On one hand, i can attest that IU does not generally perform well when no one on the team returns above 9ppg. But on the other hand i think they were unexpectedly bad last year due to injuries and a strange mix of personnel. As I stated previously, I think 20 wins and up to 11-9 is possible. Ken Pom seems to agree. I will take that.

I will not get out a pitch fork unless I need to. And if Garcia signs, IU will undoubtedly be solid next year.

So, if IU ends up in the top half of the conference, you will be impressed and do another 180 about Archie???

Inquiring minds want to know.

All conference Juwan Morgan was better than our entire frontcourt combined. A Butler backup might start for us.

You could be right but you do not know. New players are going to get opportunities they haven't had in the past. These players have plenty of upside to succeed just like Juwan when he went from his Soph to Junior year and received an opportunity. I don't think Brunk is as good as Morgaan but his stats last year weren't much different than Morgan in his Soph year.

Reactions: ufo33
You could be right but you do not know. New players are going to get opportunities they haven't had in the past. These players have plenty of upside to succeed just like Juwan when he went from his Soph to Junior year and received an opportunity. I don't think Brunk is as good as Morgaan but his stats last year weren't much different than Morgan in his Soph year.

Brunk isn't Morgan. Morgan was amazing from five feet in and was so crafty and solid around the hoop.

What Morgan wasn't was a 6'11" 250 pound center.

If you're looking for a Morgan replacement, that's going to be the combo of TJD, Thompson and Smith.

Brunk has been very efficient offensively in his career which is a plus but his main skill is he gives us another legitimate post body vs having Juwan trying to play dudes taller and heavier while not getting in foul trouble.

The thing that keeps Juwan from being a monster stud is the same thing that might keep Romeo from being a monster stud....he can't shoot.

So we're going from having three undersized wings who can't shoot in Romeo, Smith and Morgan to possibly three right sized guys who can't shoot in Smith, TJD and Brunk/Davis.

We'll miss Romeo's ability to drive right and we'll miss Morgan's craftsmanship around the rim but we gain much more beef and size, more bodies and all dudes who have been pretty efficient around the rim and two guys who are better in transition than both Romeo and Morgan in Smith and TJD.

We have to create more transition opportunities vs last year. That could be a huge difference.

I see no reason to think this team will not be finish in the top half of the conference and easily make the tournament. In fact I think 4th-5th in conference is very possible.

The Big 10 is going to be pretty bad this year. The top 3, possibly 4 if you include Wisconsin will be good. After that the dropoff is enormous. I think the next 4 or 5 teams are very similar. Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois, IU.

Michigan with the new coach and Iowa with Bohannon possibly not playing are the question marks.

Based on reputation there will still be 7-8 teams make the tournament and IU should easily be one of those.

This is the worst roster in Archie’s 3 seasons. It just gets worse with every year he’s here.

Our best player is Devonte Green and a Butler backup is likely our starting center.
..so when IU has a successful season you will admit that Archie is a solid coach?
All of the experts agree with me too.

please name these experts proclaiming that IU is a dumpster fire and has its worst roster ever under Archie- Prankster Mary and Cryano do not count.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndyAuthor

Like you have time and time again....

So, if IU ends up in the top half of the conference, you will be impressed and do another 180 about Archie???

Inquiring minds want to know.
Impressed? About finishing top half of the Big Ten? Is this sarcasm?

..so when IU has a successful season you will admit that Archie is a solid coach?

please name these experts proclaiming that IU is a dumpster fire and has its worst roster ever under Archie- Prankster Mary and Cryano do not count.
You’re so far behind. How did you get so lost?

What’s a successful season to you?

And the experts are all picking us in the middle to bottom part of the conference.

Brunk isn't Morgan. Morgan was amazing from five feet in and was so crafty and solid around the hoop.

What Morgan wasn't was a 6'11" 250 pound center.

If you're looking for a Morgan replacement, that's going to be the combo of TJD, Thompson and Smith.

Brunk has been very efficient offensively in his career which is a plus but his main skill is he gives us another legitimate post body vs having Juwan trying to play dudes taller and heavier while not getting in foul trouble.

The thing that keeps Juwan from being a monster stud is the same thing that might keep Romeo from being a monster stud....he can't shoot.

So we're going from having three undersized wings who can't shoot in Romeo, Smith and Morgan to possibly three right sized guys who can't shoot in Smith, TJD and Brunk/Davis.

We'll miss Romeo's ability to drive right and we'll miss Morgan's craftsmanship around the rim but we gain much more beef and size, more bodies and all dudes who have been pretty efficient around the rim and two guys who are better in transition than both Romeo and Morgan in Smith and TJD.

We have to create more transition opportunities vs last year. That could be a huge difference.

I don't disagree with what your saying.

I wasn't comparing their games as much as making the point that Morgan didn't become the all Big 10 caliber player he was until he became a junior. Who knows who will step up and take advantage of the opportunity. Mr. negativity seems to think he knows none of these guys can play when many of them we haven't seen and some them only limited time as Frosh/Sophs.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Hello fpeaugh. Exactly how high are you right now? Phinissee is light years ahead of Newkirk. Our front court is miles ahead of what it was in Archie's first year. You remember 6'4" Freddie McSwain playing center don't you?
I can't see the original post, but anyone comparing the junior or senior Newkirk to the freshman Phinisee is just an idiot or a troll.

Reactions: ufo33
The roster this year is better than Archie’s first year. Morgan and Rob are better than any players on the roster this year, but we’re better at every other position and have more depth.

I do think Archie should have won 20 games his first year if DD and Hartman were healthy the entire year.
The roster Archie's first year contained the worst senior class ever assembled at IU. Rojo was the only player with some past success and that was as the third option behind Yogi and JBJ. He was not confident enough to be the #1 option.

Morgan was a defensive player and a support player on offense until Archie challenged him to step up and be a featured player on offense. Without Morgans one year improvement, that team would have been under .500 overall and in the conference. It took a couple games that year for Morgan to come to life, but he was a good player the rest of his career..

The front line of Morgan, McSwain, Hartman and Smith was not a B1G lineup. It is a miracle we finished above .500. Nobody expected a 20 win season.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
The roster Archie's first year contained the worst senior class ever assembled at IU. Rojo was the only player with some past success and that was as the third option behind Yogi and JBJ. He was not confident enough to be the #1 option.

Morgan was a defensive player and a support player on offense until Archie challenged him to step up and be a featured player on offense. Without Morgans one year improvement, that team would have been under .500 overall and in the conference. It took a couple games that year for Morgan to come to life, but he was a good player the rest of his career..

The front line of Morgan, McSwain, Hartman and Smith was not a B1G lineup. It is a miracle we finished above .500. Nobody expected a 20 win season.

Morgan had more success than any returning player on the current roster. He was limited because of injuries his freshmen season and Tom Crean sucks at coaching.

Worst senior class ever? Ok, fpeaugh:) Did you forget about Crean's first 3 years? I'd take Rojo's senior class over the current senior class.

It wasn't a miracle they won 16 games. It was a down year in the Big Ten and they beat a bunch of terrible teams. I posted this previously.

Wins-
-0 wins against NCAA Tourney teams
-3 wins against NIT teams (ND was a good win)
-11 of the 16 team wins were against teams with losing records (2 more wins against non Power 5 schools that blew a#$)

Some of the Losses-
-ISU & Fort Wayne
-We had 3 other losses to teams with losing records

Archie didn't have that good of a first season.

Last edited:
Impressed? About finishing top half of the Big Ten? Is this sarcasm?

Look, you were the one that stated,

"If you think this team is in the top half of the conference you’re just completely blinded with crimson glasses and cream koolaid."

And

"This is the worst roster in Archie’s 3 seasons."

Therefore you are expecting a bottom half of conference finish SO, if IU finishes in the top half then Archie/IU has exceeded your prediction and with this terrible roster, that top half finish would be the whole outperforming the sum of the parts.

I would say that is good coaching.

The roster Archie's first year contained the worst senior class ever assembled at IU.

The year before, in 2017, they actually didn't have any scholarship seniors and Hartman gave a speech anyway.

Off the top of my head, the 1990 senior class of Robinson and Oliphant was not particularly memorable for their on court achievements.

This year, Green and Davis have a chance to leave on a high note so hopefully that happens.

"If you think this team is in the top half of the conference you’re just completely blinded with crimson glasses and cream koolaid."

And

Therefore you are expecting a bottom half of conference finish SO, if IU finishes in the top half then Archie/IU has exceeded your prediction and with this terrible roster, that top half finish would be the whole outperforming the sum of the parts.

There is no point in trying to use logic in this situation. If your conclusion isn't that IU sucks, it will be rejected.

And

Exceeding my bottom dweller expectations does not make it a success. I expect so little because of Archie. He’s underachieved the last two years. Last year was a historic debacle. No one should ever celebrate finishing 6th in the conference even if I expect 9th or 10th.

Exceeding my bottom dweller expectations does not make it a success. I expect so little because of Archie. He’s underachieved the last two years. Last year was a historic debacle. No one should ever celebrate finishing 6th in the conference even if I expect 9th or 10th.
You've become a very boring anti-IU troll. You've got nothing new to say now and constant inanity isn't funny. If I don't get a chuckle out of your posts, you're totally worthless.

I wasn’t aware you considered his first year underachieving. What’s your reasoning for that?

I wasn’t aware you considered his first year underachieving. What’s your reasoning for that?

EVERYTHING Archie is underachieving from his perspective.

Watch, he will tell you. IIRC, it all has to do with three games.

Without a doubt. He went 16-15, got blown out by Indiana State at home, got blown out by IPFW....IPFW...by 20, lost to Rutgers in the BTT, no postseason...not even NIT. It was a complete disaster.

Without a doubt. He went 16-15, got blown out by Indiana State at home, got blown out by IPFW....IPFW...by 20, lost to Rutgers in the BTT, no postseason...not even NIT. It was a complete disaster.

Did we go to the elite eight Crean’s last year? I must have missed that.

All conference Juwan Morgan was better than our entire frontcourt combined. A Butler backup might start for us.

I usually agree with you on almost everything you post but this is wrong. If Davis is healthy he could easily be this seasons best player. And thats saying that over Phin, & TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT