ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Recruiting...

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
Who is next?

We looking for an under the radar guy or is it Eron Gordon? I hope we don't look like the 14 class and have two studs in JBJ and Rj and then follow it up with Priller, April, Max and Holt(who would have been solid)

pipe dream
I would not waste the time on Maker because I bet he will have eligibility issues that will go right up to the regular season and he has a handler that could get us in trouble. The only other big I know we are in on and probably don't really have a chance with is the PF form Texas I think his name is Allen. I would take a look at Gordon and he could come in and not be expected to contribute right away especially if JBJ comes back.

Reactions: feelthebeirne
I would not waste the time on Maker because I bet he will have eligibility issues that will go right up to the regular season and he has a handler that could get us in trouble. The only other big I know we are in on and probably don't really have a chance with is the PF form Texas I think his name is Allen. I would take a look at Gordon and he could come in and not be expected to contribute right away especially if JBJ comes back.
Allen is Kansas most likley

I'm perfectly happy with only Rawle. Thon will end up somewhere else i'm sure. We need Rawle to stay relevant in the B10 next year since were not going to out coach anyone.
I'm perfectly happy with only Rawle. Thon will end up somewhere else i'm sure. We need Rawle to stay relevant in the B10 next year since were not going to out coach anyone.
So would I--and so would anyone on here--problem is--don't think we can get him--or Thon--
tough miss was that the Miami name had not been mentioned at all or very much with him and suddenly they are one of two--we were done !
BOBBY9

So would I--and so would anyone on here--problem is--don't think we can get him--or Thon--
tough miss was that the Miami name had not been mentioned at all or very much with him and suddenly they are one of two--we were done !
BOBBY9
Very strange couple of years recruiting for IU that is for sure.

Who is next?

We looking for an under the radar guy or is it Eron Gordon? I hope we don't look like the 14 class and have two studs in JBJ and Rj and then follow it up with Priller, April, Max and Holt(who would have been solid)[/QUOTE

I guess we hope and pray Troy and jbj don't leave

Asked this question on another thread and never got an answer: Since his arrival in Bloomington in 2008, when has Crean EVER out-coached anyone?

Reactions: deadpurpledog
guess we hope and pray Troy and jbj don't leave

Exactly where are they gonna go?

JBJ doesn't play defense, and he's short for a shooting guard in the NBA even if he did. TW is too careless with the ball; he hasn't excelled at the college level, so just his athleticism isn't getting him on a NBA roster. There are a bunch of guys with the same athleticism and better SKILLS that will get a shot before TW will.

I would say every time we won since most of you say he gets outcoached when we lose so when we win we he must have outcoached the other coach.
You really think he out coaches and out x' o's teams? Not very often...
Also I am not a fan of the term "out coach". One thing though for certain is that we have lost to a lot of teams we have had no business losing to.

An interesting stat would be:
# of wins when Creans teams were down at half.

I'm guessing this is a very low number.

You really think he out coaches and out x' o's teams? Not very often...
Also I am not a fan of the term "out coach". One thing though for certain is that we have lost to a lot of teams we have had no business losing to.
I am just saying if he gets total blame for a loss then he should get credit for when he wins. With some people if we win it is because of the players but if we lose it is on the coach. If the players get credit for the wins so shouldn't they get the blame for losses as well.

We also won a lot of games that we shouldn't have won as well.

I am just saying if he gets total blame for a loss then he should get credit for when he wins. With some people if we win it is because of the players but if we lose it is on the coach. If the players get credit for the wins so shouldn't they get the blame for losses as well.

Are you new to sports? Who always gets blamed for losses? Coaching!!!

Are you new to sports? Who always gets blamed for losses? Coaching!!!
and if he gets the blame for the loss which is fine then he should also get the credit for the wins because you can't have it both ways. It can't just be the players when we win and when we lose it can't just be on the coach as well

plus that is why is a necessity that Crean recruits at an elite level. He is not a great in game coach. Its not coincidence that his only two good years here were when he had Vic and Zeller
Most coaches tend to do better when they have better talent. I don't see coach K winning big when he does not have top talent or any other coach.

Most coaches tend to do better when they have better talent. I don't see coach K winning big when he does not have top talent or any other coach.
I am not understanding what you are trying to argue Scott??? Crean has not won at a high level at IU. Coach K has and done so more than anyone...

I am not understanding what you are trying to argue Scott??? Crean has not won at a high level at IU. Coach K has and done so more than anyone...
I am saying that anyone who wins big does it with top talent and are not winning with a bunch of scrubs like you make it sound like. You say Crean can't win without talent and I am saying no coach can win big without top talent.

I am saying that anyone who wins big does it with top talent and are not winning with a bunch of scrubs like you make it sound like. You say Crean can't win without talent and I am saying no coach can win big without top talent.
Which is part of the job...getting talent or not getting top talent and developing it like Bo Ryan, Greg Marshall, Shaka Smart, Tony Bennett.

Which is part of the job...getting talent or not getting top talent and developing it like Bo Ryan, Greg Marshall, Shaka Smart, Tony Bennett.
I not saying I think Crean is a very good game coach but to me some go over board with the critisism of him and will never give him credit when we win. It is always the players when we win but people don't blame them when we lose.

I not saying I think Crean is a very good game coach but to me some go over board with the critisism of him and will never give him credit when we win. It is always the players when we win but people don't blame them when we lose.
What? The guy is winning at a 65% clip on the years we are able to count. Also he went 17-15 with two MCD AA in the starting 5.

What? The guy is winning at a 65% clip on the years we are able to count. Also he went 17-15 with two MCD AA in the starting 5.
So, all I am saying is that when the team plays well and win he should get the credit for the win but when people come to the message board it is that the players played well. But after losses it is all the coach and never that the players played badly. If you want to give the players credit for the wins then it should be on them when we lose as well. All this started when a poster asked if he ever out coached another coach and I say that every time you when the coach must have outcoached the losing coach.

Thon is likely to be playing professionally in a different country next year instead of in college. Being that he left the US to play HS ball in Canada, he obviously isn't worried about staying in the US by any means. He will be getting paid to play and will be one of the top picks in the 2017 draft.

Thon is likely to be playing professionally in a different country next year instead of in college. Being that he left the US to play HS ball in Canada, he obviously isn't worried about staying in the US by any means. He will be getting paid to play and will be one of the top picks in the 2017 draft.
Not according to Thon when asked about this because he says he plans on college but I still think he will play over seas or won't be eligible to play college ball. If he does play college ball I still see him as a UK recruit.

So, all I am saying is that when the team plays well and win he should get the credit for the win but when people come to the message board it is that the players played well. But after losses it is all the coach and never that the players played badly. If you want to give the players credit for the wins then it should be on them when we lose as well. All this started when a poster asked if he ever out coached another coach and I say that every time you when the coach must have outcoached the losing coach.
But that is across the board everywhere not just IU. When I have an issue is when we lose to teams we shouldn't lose to. NW, E. Washington, etc..

Exactly where are they gonna go?

JBJ doesn't play defense, and he's short for a shooting guard in the NBA even if he did. TW is too careless with the ball; he hasn't excelled at the college level, so just his athleticism isn't getting him on a NBA roster. There are a bunch of guys with the same athleticism and better SKILLS that will get a shot before TW will.

I agree TW can still be turnover prone but if you can't see he has turned into a weapon that is now capable of dare I say a consistent jump shot I think you aren't being honest. TW looked so much better shooting the ball so far this season, he looks comfortable. We started seeing it at the very end of last season and it looked like he has listened to the right people and took his weaknesses to heart and busted his ass to fix those issues in the offseason. He is working very hard to be a first rounder.

and if he gets the blame for the loss which is fine then he should also get the credit for the wins because you can't have it both ways. It can't just be the players when we win and when we lose it can't just be on the coach as well
Oh, he gets credits for wins. He chose to recruit the players, he talked them into coming (or hired the person who did), he got them to work together, he presumably instilled belief, but none of that has to do with in-game Xs and Os.

But that is across the board everywhere not just IU. When I have an issue is when we lose to teams we shouldn't lose to. NW, E. Washington, etc..

So, let me get this straight. Every time we lose to a lesser team, it's because we got out coached, but every time we beat a higher ranked opponent (of which their have been several) it's because the players excelled on their own. Interesting theory.

ah, ah, ah .... brad stevens at Butler?????
(lower case employed to signal this is not a "hire brad stevens" posting.)

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
So, let me get this straight. Every time we lose to a lesser team, it's because we got out coached, but every time we beat a higher ranked opponent (of which their have been several) it's because the players excelled on their own. Interesting theory.
I never said Crean should not get any credit for wins
Also being out coached is usually more obvious when there is a big talent difference....hence using NW, E. Washington, penn st. So if we are not being out coached is recruiting really bad? Since we are only winning 65% of BIG games in last 4 seasons.

Really?

Care to give us examples?

Don't you get tired of have results like we are getting when we're paying top dollar?

No reason IU shouldn't be considered a top 5 program. Right now, we're not. And if you want to accept mediocrity, fine - but don't bitch at those of us who refuse to.

ah, ah, ah .... brad stevens at Butler?????
(lower case employed to signal this is not a "hire brad stevens" posting.)
But anytime he's mentioned that's what you hear lol

Pick Stevens, Izzo or Coach K as an example of having a team that plays hard and smart

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT