ADVERTISEMENT

2 dominating performances in a row.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
A lot of great things today. Lander got some much needed minutes. TJD played great. X was stellar even while having an off shooting day. Jordan has plays every game that reminds me why I think he is the best athlete in the B1G. Race was just unreal. If he continues like this we are a top 15 team.

keep it rolling baby. Chicken dinner.

A lot to like in this game. Still some good teaching moments too. What is up with Durr?

A lot of great things today. Lander got some much needed minutes. TJD played great. X was stellar even while having an off shooting day. Jordan has plays every game that reminds me why I think he is the best athlete in the B1G. Race was just unreal. If he continues like this we are a top 15 team.

keep it rolling baby. Chicken dinner.
We are going to miss Race and Trayce immensely. When Geronimo is the game with them, we are scary defensively. Great win today!

I used to cringe when Race put up a 3 and now I think he should shoot more.

Despite his shot being off today, X was outstanding. Only 1 TO (when he fell down toward the end) against 9 assists - say "only one" because the travel call when he came down with the steal was complete BS.

Race is indeed becoming the complete package, Jordan's influence in the lane at both ends just keeps getting better, and Trey is playing like a prized 'sixth man'. Bates time/turn to step up - need another quality reliever in place of Stewart/Kopp.

Mighty fine Saturday afternoon.
🍎

Last edited:
Despite his shot being off today, X was outstanding. Only 1 TO (when he fell down toward the end) against 9 assists - say "only one" because the travel call when he came down with the steal was complete BS.

Race is indeed becoming the complete package, Jordan's influence in the lane at both ends just keeps getting better, and Trey is plying like a prized 'sixth man'. Bates time/turn to step up - need another quality reliever in place of Stewart/Kopp.

🍎
You forgot about getting important road minutes/work for the bench. Good post.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

Race is indeed becoming the complete package, Jordan's influence in the lane at both ends just keeps getting better, and Trey is playing like a prized 'sixth man'. Bates time/turn to step up - need another quality reliever in place of Stewart/Kopp.

🍎
Mighty fine indeed. Starting to think we might be able to get to that 5 seed. IL win and we will for sure be ranked. I have to look more at who lost this week, but we have to be a 50/50 shot on Monday.

Reactions: TomEric4756
Wow I am pleasantly surprised by how things are developing. Three of the last four games have been statement wins IMO. On the one hand I don't care about rankings because I know they are not highly useful in the real world but on the other hand it can't hurt the program to get that kind of exposure / noteriety. I'm not sure if they will quite make it in a couple days but definitely worthy of consideration.
One of the posters earlier talked about how the team has an identity, that is so important. That is one of my biggest gripes about the iufb offense under Sheridan, they lacked an identity, they didn't have anything to hang their hat on so-to-speak. I am somewhat open to what the identity should be as long as it is well-defined, well-taught, and the players buy in completely.

Mighty fine indeed. Starting to think we might be able to get to that 5 seed. IL win and we will for sure be ranked. I have to look more at who lost this week, but we have to be a 50/50 shot on Monday.

We beat two bad teams this week. We were 35th in the AP. I don't think nearly enough teams lost this week. Just keep competing and the ranking may or may not come. Playing much better team ball. Get a week off going into the game against Ill. Should be a good one. Think we're close if we win that one

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Winning the games that should be won … not playing down to the opponent …
Is how a team maintains its position in the standings
It provides the opportunity to move up when playing teams ranked higher in the standings.

Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, and Minnesota are all lower in the table and need to be won.

Knock off some of the higher ranked teams left on the schedule and IU may earn a 1st round Big 10 tourney
Wisconsin and Illinois are the big home court opportunities to move up.

The current trajectory is up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT