ADVERTISEMENT

#2, 3, and 7 via rivals in 24'

That’s with any team. I mean KU had a freshman starter. Why are we arguing? It’s damned if you do damned if you don’t with some of you. You take top 10 kids every single time.
I’m saying the one and done route for building a roster isn’t a sustainable program build. Villanova, UConn, Baylor much better long term success in todays game

I’m saying the one and done route for building a roster isn’t a sustainable program build. Villanova, UConn, Baylor much better long term success in todays game
It’s going to be more difficult to win championship that way. With the portal kids aren’t going to sit.

Hey, Just talking about landing top ten talent is a big step up.

I’m with the take the talent crowd, expecting top 10 talent to play 4 years isn’t realistic.

Just being a top-10 HS talent puts one in the lottery draft pick conversation,

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
It’s going to be more difficult to win championship that way. With the portal kids aren’t going to sit.
A veteran team is more difficult to win with? Did t Miami just go to final game with a veteran teM and portal guys?

He takes whatever angle is negative for IU, he goes from being one of the biggest stargazing "talent trumps all" posters on the board, to you can't win with one and dones now that IU is landing them.
Yes we need an uptick in talent. However I don’t think it’s with 3-4 one and dones.
Give me a roster with a top 10 kid filled with veterans and guys like Watford.

These days, roster construction is very important. There needs to be a good mix of veteran leadership, role players, and one-and-dones. Calipari never got that balance and that's why he's only won one at UK despite having some great players. Jay Wright got it. Mark Few gets it. It's hard to pass up top talent, but guys like Trey Galloway are the glue that holds a team together.

Reactions: 76-1
These days, roster construction is very important. There needs to be a good mix of veteran leadership, role players, and one-and-dones. Calipari never got that balance and that's why he's only won one at UK despite having some great players. Jay Wright got it. Mark Few gets it. It's hard to pass up top talent, but guys like Trey Galloway are the glue that holds a team together.
2012 was. Wasn’t a coincidence either. Veteran, transfer and one and done.

Hey, Just talking about landing top ten talent is a big step up.

I’m with the take the talent crowd, expecting top 10 talent to play 4 years isn’t realistic.

Just being a top-10 HS talent puts one in the lottery draft pick conversation,

a program is either in the running for top talent, or it's not.

obviously we want to be the former.

Reactions: IUgradman
March & April - "We have no talent and can't recruit. I don't like it"
June - "We're going to turn into a 1 and done factory if we continue to recruit all these top 10 guys. I don't like it."

As a reference to our previous cycle -- I had cut & paste for nearly a decade. The narrative has shifted.

The (old) Hoosier Boom-Bust Cycle:

Summer:
We are looking good. Will challenge for the league. 😊😊
Early Fall: Title Contenders. Can't wait for the season to start. Possible 6th Banner 🤗🤗🤗
Nov: Wow! I really think we have something here! They are good. Amazing depth. 🤗❤️❤️
Dec:
WTF!! 😕😕 😨😨
Jan - Feb: So & So really sucks! 😠😠👿👿
March: Coach sucks or the team doesn't what it means to be a Hoosier! I am done with basketball. 👿👿👿👿

May: We.Go.Again. 😺😺😃😃

This just goes to show you that people will bitch no matter what. Literally 3 months ago, despite the fact Woody had landed Bates, JHS, Reneau, and X(as a transfer) in under 2 years, people said that Woody wasn’t recruiting well. 3 months later we add MM and Ware (both top 10 in there classes) and have interest from several top ‘24 recruits and now we recruit too well. Our fan base is cancer.

Last edited:
This just goes to show you that people will bitch no matter what. Literally 3 months ago, despite the fact Woody had landed Bates, JHS, Reneau, and X(as a transfer) in under 2 years, people said that Woody wasn’t recruiting well. 3 months later we add MM and Ware (both top 10 in there classes) and have interest from several top ‘24 recruits and now we recruit too well. Our fan base is cancer.

I don't know if you can go so far as to say the fan base is cancer.
I think it is more like a portion of the so called fans are whiny assholes!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT