ADVERTISEMENT

100 Wins

I think it STARTED with you beating your chest over having the 3rd best record in MLB. I simply don't care. Division titles, League titles, World Series titles. Those are what people celebrate and remember. But I'll keep an eye out for '3rd Best Record' tshirts from my Chicago friends.
No. Look again. It started with Mac making his patented dumba$$ "best 3rd place team" statement. I thought you weren't dumb enough to make a statement like that and then this post. All joking and trash talking aside, the Dodgers look an awful lot like the Diamondbacks team that won with Schilling and Johnson.

The Cubs 100th win will come when it matters most, in the Post Season. The Cards peaked too early

Peaked too early? Wtf are you talking about? If by "peaked" you mean we lost significant players due to injuries then yeah I guess we peaked.

The Dodgers have the talent for sure. Their pitching is suspect. After Kershaw and Greinke, giant question marks. Bolsinger pitched well until he was sent down and brought back up. He hasn't been the same. He should have never been sent down in the first place. Wood and Anderson are hit and miss. The bullpen has been better of late but really sucked there for a spell.

I just hope they can beat the friggin' Mets, get some momentum, and make some noise.

I love how you use "IMO" as though anyone here values your opinion.

Besides your mom?

I won't let your dislike of me on here dampen my enthusiasm for your posts. I find you to be one of the more entertaining and thoughtful posters on here. But as you said, no one here values my opinion anyway, so.....

Besides your mom?

I won't let your dislike of me on here dampen my enthusiasm for your posts. I find you to be one of the more entertaining and thoughtful posters on here. But as you said, no one here values my opinion anyway, so.....
Jesus Christ dude wash the sand out of your giner. I don't dislike you. Just making at easy crack at your expense. Settle down.

Reactions: C-$
Jesus Christ dude wash the sand out of your giner. I don't dislike you. Just making at easy crack at your expense. Settle down.

Goat...I'm settled. I never went beyond settled. It's cool. It's the AOTF and I don't truly know any of you clowns anyway. Hell, I don't care what my extended family thinks of me, let alone some message board schmoes I've never met. it's cool.

Peaked too early? Wtf are you talking about? If by "peaked" you mean we lost significant players due to injuries then yeah I guess we peaked.

Just like peaked in high school Rob Lowe, the Cards are finished.

I'm rooting for the Central period, but I think any of the teams from the NL can win it, except the Cards. Martinez was the final nail, and the Cards haven't realized they are dead yet. Literally every starter is playing hurt, or is on the DL. Wacha is clearly gassed. When the Cards are out, I'll root for the Cubs, Pirates, and Dodgers in that order. Not sure I can root for the Mets. If by rare chance it is a Subway Series, I will not turn the goddamn TV on until the second week of November.

I have a nagging suspicion about the Dodgers; they have all the pieces if they can gel for 3 series look out.

edit: bad grammar

Always a Central guy. Always tough to root for the Cards, but I'd take them over the Dodgers or Mets any day.

Agree on the Dodgers. Despite Kershaw's postseason issues, I think facing he and Greinke in a 7 game series will be a very difficult proposition. The Mets have 3 studs, so if they could steal one of the first two, having Syndegard or DeGromm for game 3 could tip the scales a bit.

Lester is going to have be REALLY good this postseason (If Arrieta beats Cole). They just don't have reliable starters behind he and Arrieta.

Whoever ends up coming out of the Central, I think a lot will depend on how each of the series go. If the Cubs can get through, and have Arrieta set up to start game 1 of an NLCS...they can compete with anyone. But if they can't, similar to what they'd have to overcome in the NLDS, I think its too tall of an order...unless the Dodgers win and they need Greinke or Kershaw in a game 7 to do it. Same story with the Pirates and Cole.

Cardinals, I just think they need to keep playing how they have all year long. Whoever their starters are will probably give a quality start. They just need to be opportunistic, get pitch counts up on the other starter, and do damage later in the game. Its how they play, and its how they're going to have to continue to play.

My money is on the winner of the Dodgers/Mets series going to the WS. Hope I'm wrong.

Goat...I'm settled. I never went beyond settled. It's cool. It's the AOTF and I don't truly know any of you clowns anyway. Hell, I don't care what my extended family thinks of me, let alone some message board schmoes I've never met. it's cool.
92f.jpg

Mike Connelly agrees ..

I stand corrected.....

I have from time to time created a one off for a one/two day joke that has failed miserably. But I do 99.9% of my failing with this account. I believe I have a KlarkKent account as well to go along with the SuperHoosier there. But don't know the last time I logged into that.

No apologizing but mk_peters isn't me. Don't know who it is. Not sure how I can prove it other than IP traces. But we all know there are ways around that too so whatever. I can generate angst against me when I want it, so don't need it generated by others...

I Iike that we beat the Pirates for the division and then trashed their locker room with Budweiser and champagne. Now on to Atlanta where those coming off injuries can rest and maybe pinch hit. Wainwright can pitch some innings to see if he can help in the postseason without worrying about the W/L.
So you were on the field and got drenched in Champagne and Bud too? Cool story.

I stand corrected.....

I have from time to time created a one off for a one/two day joke that has failed miserably. But I do 99.9% of my failing with this account. I believe I have a KlarkKent account as well to go along with the SuperHoosier there. But don't know the last time I logged into that.

No apologizing but mk_peters isn't me. Don't know who it is. Not sure how I can prove it other than IP traces. But we all know there are ways around that too so whatever. I can generate angst against me when I want it, so don't need it generated by others...

That was almost 10 years ago, right? I get no credit for my memory?

I stand corrected.....

Maybe you have multiple personality disorder and don't know it.

Reactions: SuperHoosier

If you ever go to an IU football game, you can stop by my tailgate anytime.

Many others have... Honestly Ziz used to come by more than anyone, followed by LeConte & Ungar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT