ADVERTISEMENT

100 Wins

3rd year in a row. Quite remarkable with all of the injuries. Matheny deserves MOY but Maddon will probably get it.
Gotta love Managers that lead their team to 3rd place finishes and win awards! There's hope for Crean yet in winning Coach of the Year again if the Big Ten uses the same criteria as MLB.

Most Cards fans would disagree with you. They'd tell you the Cards won the division despite him, not because of him.

I think it's a toss-up between Maddon and Collins.

Dodgers fans feel the same way. Most can't stand Mattingly. I'm not a huge fan of his, but the bigger problem lies in the front office. Making dumb trades and not getting bullpen help. I hope they can make some noise but I am not holding my breath. Greinke and Kershaw are solid, obviously, but after that? It's a toss-up as to what will happen.

I will say Puig has not really been missed. Guys have stepped up in his absence (Hernandez, Ruggiano)

Go Dodgers and anyone who can beat the Cards

Dodgers fans feel the same way. Most can't stand Mattingly. I'm not a huge fan of his, but the bigger problem lies in the front office. Making dumb trades and not getting bullpen help. I hope they can make some noise but I am not holding my breath. Greinke and Kershaw are solid, obviously, but after that? It's a toss-up as to what will happen.

I will say Puig has not really been missed. Guys have stepped up in his absence (Hernandez, Ruggiano)

Go Dodgers and anyone who can beat the Cards
It really doesn't matter what your front office does when they can spend a billion dollars every season and buy championships.

I Iike that we beat the Pirates for the division and then trashed their locker room with Budweiser and champagne. Now on to Atlanta where those coming off injuries can rest and maybe pinch hit. Wainwright can pitch some innings to see if he can help in the postseason without worrying about the W/L.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
tinker_-_evers_-_chance__1907_cubs.gif

This was the last time the Chubs won a World Series.

1907_ford_model_r_aaca_01.jpg

The above is the car those people who have been dead for 60 yrs drove.

I am constantly amazed by the not only optimism but their eternal arrogance. Good luck in the one game playoff chumps.

It really doesn't matter what your front office does when they can spend a billion dollars every season and buy championships.

Yeah, I've never heard that one before. Look how it has worked out for them. '88. Pay attention.

Well, except that....

Kershaw, Ethier, Pederson, Van Slyke, Ellis, Jansen, Guerrero, K. Hernandez and Seager are all farm system guys and other key players like Gonzalez and Grandal were acquired via trade using guys who came up thru the system (Kemp). Justin Turner was a throw away from the Mets.

Reactions: IU40IU
Yeah, I've never heard that one before. Look how it has worked out for them. '88. Pay attention.
I didn't say it worked, but that's what they try to do. Now they have acquired many with people in their system so they have that going for them, but they still spend a huge amount as compared to everyone else.

I am constantly amazed by the not only optimism but their eternal arrogance. Good luck in the one game playoff chumps.
It is amazing what has changed since the Cubs won. It is really amazing the team is still in the same place and have played at Wrigley so long.

I posted an old picture this week of my Great Grandparents and my Grandma as a very young girl. The picture is probably from 1910 and my Grandma was born in 1907. My dad pointed out that she was a long suffering Cub fan and waited her whole life for them to win. She was too young to remember their last win. She died at 95 having never seen a Cub World Series title.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Gotta love Managers that lead their team to 3rd place finishes and win awards! There's hope for Crean yet in winning Coach of the Year again if the Big Ten uses the same criteria as MLB.
PSTFU. 3rd best record in ALL of MLB. I know your a$$ is sore from the beatings this week and your team will suck and suck A LOT for a LONG time, but the 3rd place talk is just dumb. Well, then again, it's just you being you. Never mind.

Reactions: smokingun33
Well, except that....

Kershaw, Ethier, Pederson, Van Slyke, Ellis, Jansen, Guerrero, K. Hernandez and Seager are all farm system guys and other key players like Gonzalez and Grandal were acquired via trade using guys who came up thru the system (Kemp). Justin Turner was a throw away from the Mets.

I like the trend. Finally going back to the farm they way they should.

Good luck with Arrieta going? You mean the pitcher who has been the most dominant pitcher post all-star break in the entirety of MLB history? Whew! I'm glad we have your good wishes! Arrogance? Seriously? You guys talk chit early in the year and now you're butt hurt and you want to whine about arrogance? Please. Just stop, dude. What is there to NOT be optimistic about with the Cubs? People said the exact same $hit about the Red Sox pre-'03. Funny how the same guy that turned that around is doing the same on the North Side. Please continue to cry. We North Siders will gladly bathe in your tears.

PSTFU. 3rd best record in ALL of MLB. I know your a$$ is sore from the beatings this week and your team will suck and suck A LOT for a LONG time, but the 3rd place talk is just dumb. Well, then again, it's just you being you. Never mind.

Unbalanced schedules make the whole '3rd best record in the league' discussion moot, IMO.

Reactions: sluggo69
This won't end well for you.

11 titles. Your team is in third place. In other words, you haven't earned the right to talk shit like this. This is why I have such a negative view of Cubs fans. If it wasn't for Ptown, 'Dug, and Goat I would be convinced all of you are as retarded as this post. Hell, the only time the Cubs can beat the Cards is when the best players on the team are on the DL, or are playing hurt.

NO SHIT this isn't going to end well, the whole team is hurt or out for the playoffs, you crooked faced hick. But guess what, after all the crowing you troglodytes did after Wainwright went down, the team STILL won 100 games and the division.

While you have been rocking white belts and coming perilously close to violating Indiana's age of consent laws, I've watched the Cards play in FOUR World Series in the last 12 seasons alone. I have seen them play in TEN NL Championship Series in the last 20 seasons. Now when the Cubs match that level of success, your post will not be viewed as so stupid, but until then STFU and continue looking up in the standings, bitch.

FOAD.

Good luck with Arrieta going? You mean the pitcher who has been the most dominant pitcher post all-star break in the entirety of MLB history? Whew! I'm glad we have your good wishes! Arrogance? Seriously? You guys talk chit early in the year and now you're butt hurt and you want to whine about arrogance? Please. Just stop, dude. What is there to NOT be optimistic about with the Cubs? People said the exact same $hit about the Red Sox pre-'03. Funny how the same guy that turned that around is doing the same on the North Side. Please continue to cry. We North Siders will gladly bathe in your tears.
What do Cards fan have to cry about?

sports-baseball-st-louis-cardinals-11-time-champions-poster-TRrp6706.jpg

Most Cards fans would disagree with you. They'd tell you the Cards won the division despite him, not because of him.

I think it's a toss-up between Maddon and Collins.

Amen, times 1000. Cards success can be directly attributed to scouting, farm system, and embracing the new computer age of baseball. Maddon wouldn't play Jon Jay, let alone in CF. Maddon wouldn't let a player play based upon whether he was one of his Bible Buddies or not. Long story short: I'm not a fan. Cards GM wanted a yes man as manager, instead of getting Maddon when he had the chance.

They've played the 2 teams with the best records in all of MLB more than anyone else. So what's your point again? You think the Dodgers have had a tougher schedule? Chew on this...
http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi
Your Dodgers are 10th. The Cubs are 2nd. Try again.

You'll have to show me where I said the Dodgers had a tougher schedule.

My point was that the conversation is moot, whether it benefits my team or not.

As of today, you're talking about a 5 game swing if you want to use the Cubs vs. Dodgers argument. the Cubs had some good teams in their division. They also had two really lousy teams in their division...the Dodgers had fewer REALLY good teams, but more average teams and one fewer horrible team.

Then you look at games vs. the AL. The Dodgers played against 3 teams either in the playoffs or in playoff battles, the Cubs played against 2.

I don't care what sport your're talking about....if the schedules aren't the same, then the argument is pretty pointless to me. And other than EPL, no leagues come to mind where that's the case any more, so I really don't care.

You'll have to show me where I said the Dodgers had a tougher schedule.

My point was that the conversation is moot, whether it benefits my team or not.

As of today, you're talking about a 5 game swing if you want to use the Cubs vs. Dodgers argument. the Cubs had some good teams in their division. They also had two really lousy teams in their division...the Dodgers had fewer REALLY good teams, but more average teams and one fewer horrible team.

Then you look at games vs. the AL. The Dodgers played against 3 teams either in the playoffs or in playoff battles, the Cubs played against 2.

I don't care what sport your're talking about....if the schedules aren't the same, then the argument is pretty pointless to me. And other than EPL, no leagues come to mind where that's the case any more, so I really don't care.
You can read (I think). The numbers are the numbers. The Cubs finished behind only the Cards based on winning %, SOS, etc. Sorry to debunk your excellent analysis involving "lousy teams" and "REALLY good teams".

You can read (I think). The numbers are the numbers. The Cubs finished behind only the Cards based on winning %, SOS, etc. Sorry to debunk your excellent analysis involving "lousy teams" and "REALLY good teams".

OK! Congratulations! You should hang up pennant high above Wrigley Field for that awesome accomplishment.

11 titles. Your team is in third place. In other words, you haven't earned the right to talk shit like this. This is why I have such a negative view of Cubs fans. If it wasn't for Ptown, 'Dug, and Goat I would be convinced all of you are as retarded as this post. Hell, the only time the Cubs can beat the Cards is when the best players on the team are on the DL, or are playing hurt.

NO SHIT this isn't going to end well, the whole team is hurt or out for the playoffs, you crooked faced hick. But guess what, after all the crowing you troglodytes did after Wainwright went down, the team STILL won 100 games and the division.

While you have been rocking white belts and coming perilously close to violating Indiana's age of consent laws, I've watched the Cards play in FOUR World Series in the last 12 seasons alone. I have seen them play in TEN NL Championship Series in the last 20 seasons. Now when the Cubs match that level of success, your post will not be viewed as so stupid, but until then STFU and continue looking up in the standings, bitch.

FOAD.
Wainwright looked damn good last night. They get him rolling and it'll make up A LOT. I'm just hoping JA has his usual outing vs the Bucs in order to move on. As for the Cards, I just have to hope that Lester can do in the postseason what they signed him to do, another starter steps up (JA will be JA) and that guys get hot at the dish. This Cubs team just feels like one of those past playoff teams that have a good mix of young talent and a few discarded veteran players (Jackson, Rodney, etc) that can capture some magic. It's just sad that it will be the best 2 teams in the NL meeting in the division series vs the NLCS. Yes, Kraft, the best 2 teams (Pick 2: Cards, Bucs, Cubs). Not the Dodgers. It's a fact.

Last edited:
OK! Congratulations! You should hang up pennant high above Wrigley Field for that awesome accomplishment.
No dumba$$, YOU are the one making the argument about the unbalanced schedule sans facts. That's how all that began. It's just sad that the REAL NLCS will take place in St Louis in the division series.

FOAD.

Someone's **** is really flowing today.

You are truly a cunty bitch.

Reactions: smokingun33
No dumba$$, YOU are the one making the argument about the unbalanced schedule sans facts. That's how all that began. It's just sad that the REAL NLCS will take place in St Louis in the division series.

I think it STARTED with you beating your chest over having the 3rd best record in MLB. I simply don't care. Division titles, League titles, World Series titles. Those are what people celebrate and remember. But I'll keep an eye out for '3rd Best Record' tshirts from my Chicago friends.

Wainwright looked damn good last night. They get him rolling and it'll make up A LOT. I'm just hoping JA has his usual outing vs the Bucs in order to move on. As for the Cards, I just have to hope that Lester can do in the postseason what they signed him to do, another starter steps up (JA will be JA) and that guys get hot at the dish. This Cubs team just feels like one of those past playoff teams that have a good mix of young talent and a few discarded veteran players (Jackson, Rodney, etc) that can capture some magic. It's just sad that it will be the best 2 teams in the NL meeting in the division series vs the NLCS. Yes, Kraft, the best 2 teams (Pick 2: Cards, Bucs, Cubs). Not the Dodgers. It's a fact.

I'm rooting for the Central period, but I think any of the teams from the NL can win it, except the Cards. Martinez was the final nail, and the Cards haven't realized they are dead yet. Literally every starter is playing hurt, or is on the DL. Wacha is clearly gassed. When the Cards are out, I'll root for the Cubs, Pirates, and Dodgers in that order. Not sure I can root for the Mets. If by rare chance it is a Subway Series, I will not turn the goddamn TV on until the second week of November.

I have a nagging suspicion about the Dodgers; they have all the pieces if they can gel for 3 series look out.

edit: bad grammar

Reactions: hoosierdug
Arrieta has been very good. We will have to see what his postseason stats will be. Maybe he will be as good as the regular season, maybe not.

I keep hearing how bright the Cubs future looks. The Cardinals and a lot of teams have a lot of young talent mixed in with veterans that have won titles. Potential doesn't win titles.

Many of the Cardinals called up from AAA were key in reaching 100 wins. The strength of their farm system is shown in how the team didn't have many down times when we had Adams, Jay, Holliday, and of course Wainwright missing major parts of the season. In several games, they were all missing and the team still won. Even without Molina, Cruz has stepped in and kept the team moving forward. We had players such as Pham, Grichuck, Piscotty, and Garcia step up. Tyler Lyons has emerged as a pitcher that can be a spot starter and maybe find a spot in the rotation or used to rest an arm.

They need to find a stellar defensive catcher that can hit to replace Yadi in the near future. Beyond that, I can see Heyward signing on to be the anchor of the Cardinal outfield for the future and they have plenty of young players ready to play everyday.

C'mon you can do better than this. I gave you (what I considered to be) quality trash talking and I get an "Aunt Flo" is in town comeback?

Listen, you Cardinal scumbag f*ck... I'm battling a cold from hell right now. Or maybe it's AIDS... I have no idea... I get sick maybe once every 5 years or so. I just coughed up something orange.

I hope my dick doesn't fall off.

Listen, you Cardinal scumbag f*ck... I'm battling a cold from hell right now. Or maybe it's AIDS... I have no idea... I get sick maybe once every 5 years or so. I just coughed up something orange.

I hope my dick doesn't fall off.

You have an infection if you have orange phlegm. The little capillaries in your lungs are bursting. Get some antibiotics.

Indy is the syphilis capital of the US, so double wrap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT