ADVERTISEMENT

1 good thing from tonight…

HoosierAlum07

Junior
Dec 30, 2013
Is that Houston lost, leaving no more undefeated teams left! So the 1976 team can pop the champagne 🍾 once again! Crazy that is coming up close to 50 years ago!

What perplexes me about Trey Galloway is that he was a coach's son,right? So he was likely a gym rat. How in the world can he be so horrible at shooting and free throws? He always front rims it. Did his dad not help him develop good shooting skills? Or did Trey rely on too many lay-ups in hs? X is not nor ever has been a leader. TJD was that for the Hoosiers. I hope they find a PG like Yogi was by next year. I just ate a snickers and feel better already.

What perplexes me about Trey Galloway is that he was a coach's son,right? So he was likely a gym rat. How in the world can he be so horrible at shooting and free throws? He always front rims it. Did his dad not help him develop good shooting skills? Or did Trey rely on too many lay-ups in hs? X is not nor ever has been a leader. TJD was that for the Hoosiers. I hope they find a PG like Yogi was by next year. I just ate a snickers and feel better already.
He couldn’t shoot in high school. He honestly would have been a really good prospect as a WR in football.

Best guess... He wasn't blessed with God given shooting skills or touch. But he was blessed with athleticism, size and overall hand eye coordination. He played a ton of basketball, I'm sure, ever since he could walk and hold a ball. But since he wasn't a naturally gifted shooter, but was very advanced in other areas...he was always able to score, win, be effective without having to shoot the ball. And even as he started playing more difficult competition in AAU and what not, since he was a gifted athlete, he probably figured out how to be a "good enough" shooter to start making some shots here and there.

Our high school team was set to play them in Regionals in the Covid year. Our scout, I believe, was to help off Trey on a couple other guys that worried us more shooting/scoring wise. And to give Trey a couple steps when he had the ball, and to just try to funnel him towards where we'd have some help. Really no worries, at all of his shot, or even him scoring in any way other than getting all the way to the basket, and offensive rebounding. Physically he was dominant though in high school. 6-5, 200+ pound PG's don't grow on trees.

His dad, for what its worth, is one of the better players in Bethel College basketball history (very good small college program). But I believe he also played similarly to Trey. Great all around player, used his physicality more than anything. Scored a ton of points, but not a great shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT