ADVERTISEMENT

1,823 days since PU last beat IU

Is that the longest ever? Has to be close as I think there was a 4-game win streak back in the 40’s? Once again, thank you Darrell Hazell.
He was Purdue’s coach and Purdue hired him right ? Quit with the Hazell excuses.

It was. He won 3 straight games to get bowl eligible and still was fired. His fate was sealed regardless of whether a bowl game was made. Middle of the season I believe.

He wasn't that terrible of a coach, but attendance was dropping. I think that did him in.

He wasn't that terrible of a coach, but attendance was dropping. I think that did him in.

He was too up and down. Had some solid wins like Ohio State and Michigan but got demolished by bad teams far too often. The consistency wasn’t there and also he wasn’t great with alumni/boosters either.

He was too up and down. Had some solid wins like Ohio State and Michigan but got demolished by bad teams far too often. The consistency wasn’t there and also he wasn’t great with alumni/boosters either.
We have some experience with that...

I was at the 2012 game. Was still outside when Houston scored the first TD. IU lead 21-14 at half. I believe it was 35-35 going into the 4th, then PU scored 3 tds in the 4th qtr to win big. A nice going away present for Hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT