ADVERTISEMENT

0 for B1G should get Tom Allen fired, need a Coach Prime type hire

Pay the HC middle of the road B10 salary, with performance incentives.

Pay the coordinators and position coaches at the top of the conference.

Hire a guy, research it yourself, stay in a Holiday Inn Express...whatever it takes...to have the vision and knowledge to ensure those coordinators are good, dynamic, difference makers. Don't be worried about losing them...hell, go get young ones that you KNOW you'll lose! If you lose them its because they did a good job. If they did a good job, you win. Go find the next dynamic, young coordinator and pay them well too.

When the time comes for a change...go find a successful FBS, D3, whatever coach. Someone with a good football mind, great organizational skills, a leader...then surround him with the best young football minds B10 football level money can buy.
No reputable coach is going to sign a contract with an emphasis on performance incentives. That agent would never have another client

I would love to provide cribs, but if you read the article there have been increases in every category imaginable which has led to millions and millions of dollars for Boulder and the Buffs. This was written over a month ago too so the numbers are a lot larger by now. You make a splash coaching hire, a guy with NIL knowledge and also an AD that understands this it's not hard to gain traction and get successful quick. When Rick George hired Prime he didn't even have the money secured but knew it would come. It's rolling in now.

Rick George, Mike White's bag man at Illinois

Reactions: 76-1
The doomed visits of Elton and Delton. Those were fun teams to watch, but the games lasted forever.
I lived about 20 miles west of C-U the winter that Elton and Delton visited and it was an incredibly brutal winter. I think the weekend that they visited it was below zero the entire time and the wind chill was about -30. Neither of those guys had any intention of landing in central Illinois after that, yet it was their recruitment that brought about the end of Mike White's very successful tenure at U of I.

Both the football team and the MBB program were entrenched in some pretty shady shenanigans in those years. The recruiting wars between Jimmy Collins - (who was Lou Henson's bag man) - and Bruce Pearl (who was the bagman at Iowa) over Michael Payne and the Douglass brothers from Quincy as well as several of the top players from the Chicago public schools was a textbook study of NCAA violations and dirty tricks. The whining from Illini fans over their "unfair" punishment from the Elton and Delton fiasco was incredible and their loathing of Bruce Pearl and Iowa is still white-hot.
As an Indiana boy and an IU alum I already had a natural dislike of U of I. After spending a year in the vicinity of that shithole of a community and campus, it developed into a full-blown loathing. The constant whining of the local media and the blaming of everything bad that happended to Illini athletics on everything but their own corruption created a personal disdain for all things Illini that remains to this day. The only thing I ever respected about Kelvin Sampson was the absolute apoplexy he caused that fanbase by snatching Eric Gordon from their grasp.

I lived about 20 miles west of C-U the winter that Elton and Delton visited and it was an incredibly brutal winter. I think the weekend that they visited it was below zero the entire time and the wind chill was about -30. Neither of those guys had any intention of landing in central Illinois after that, yet it was their recruitment that brought about the end of Mike White's very successful tenure at U of I.

Both the football team and the MBB program were entrenched in some pretty shady shenanigans in those years. The recruiting wars between Jimmy Collins - (who was Lou Henson's bag man) - and Bruce Pearl (who was the bagman at Iowa) over Michael Payne and the Douglass brothers from Quincy as well as several of the top players from the Chicago public schools was a textbook study of NCAA violations and dirty tricks. The whining from Illini fans over their "unfair" punishment from the Elton and Delton fiasco was incredible and their loathing of Bruce Pearl and Iowa is still white-hot.
As an Indiana boy and an IU alum I already had a natural dislike of U of I. After spending a year in the vicinity of that shithole of a community and campus, it developed into a full-blown loathing. The constant whining of the local media and the blaming of everything bad that happended to Illini athletics on everything but their own corruption created a personal disdain for all things Illini that remains to this day. The only thing I ever respected about Kelvin Sampson was the absolute apoplexy he caused that fanbase by snatching Eric Gordon from their grasp.
Have some NorCal friends who are Cal Bear alums who loved White but even they were forced to acknowledge his shadiness at some point. Really hard to watch them pull in Indiana kids like Kevin Hardy, Brownlow, Moe Gardner and Josh Whitman (their current AD).. I know BK believed they intervened in our recruitments of Marcus Liberty and Behn Wilson, among others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT