ADVERTISEMENT

Guy I Know Running For Mayor Got Shot At Today

Worked with him a little. He did real estate deals. I didn’t.

Then he went in-house and I did a little advising for his company. Played golf together - members at the same club for a while.

Sounds like the shooter was just a psycho so far, a guy who gets his rage on from reading the internet.

Just walked into Craig’s campaign headquarters , everybody said hi, and he started shooting. Craig had clothing that got nicked. That was it.

So all you toxic prix need to be nicer. Crazy ears are listening.

How much is your free expression worth?

For the recently fired president of Levis, freedom of expression is worth more than one million dollars. She poignantly describes all of what is wrong with our views on free expression. Government, companies, institutions , sports, high tech, education and more are all in lockstep with Levis. No society can ever succeed or survive with suppressed speech and ideas.

READ THE WHOLE THING.

Beat the Badgers (+3)

Let’s stop wallowing in self pity about @NU and @MSU and beat the Badgers.
Short prep time for a Tuesday tilt after a Sat. Road game.

IU is actually favored -3 at home. Badgers are playing above average on the road.
We blew our undefeated home game chance. But we don’t need to make it worse.

I don’t think the scouting report changed much since the Kohl center game.
We should have a chip on our shoulders for the loss at Kohl center.

Let’s make buckets after stops in the 1st and 2nd halves.

Beat the Badgers!

Is The US Outfoxing Russia?

Josh Marshall at TPM wrote/posted two articles referencing the US’ continual broadcasting of an imminent Russian invasion.

“I’ve mentioned before that while constant threats of an invasion are a powerful weapon for Russia, an actual invasion is fraught with danger. I don’t know if this is all a bluff. But I do think Russia is leery about the risks of actually following through and invading Ukraine. By continually saying an invasion is imminent, the U.S. is highlighting the fact that Russia keeps threatening but not acting. All threats and no action.”

“Rather than keeping everyone else on tenterhooks they’re looking more and more like they’re bluffing or unwilling or unable to actually follow through on their threats. Putin himself seemed to allude to this earlier this month when he accused the U.S. of trying to goad Russia into invading.”

“Could the U.S. actually force Russia’s hand or make it harder for Russia to back down? I doubt it? But it’s a reasonable question. What I do think they’re doing is attempting to turn Russia’s most effective weapon — the looming threat of military action — against them. Rather than keep the atmosphere of threat at a constant simmer, the U.S. keeps raising it to a fever pitch and then having the Russia actually not act.”

Part two:

“I think the other reason the administration keeps talking about an imminent invasions is that it helps them define the narrative should one occur. They want to ensure that the narrative is that Putin, without provocation, amassed a massive number of troops and then invaded. Brazen, unadulterated military aggression. It may seem obvious that that would be the narrative but it’s not. The narrative could be that Putin moved troops to the border and the West didn’t react strongly enough or leaned too hard on diplomacy or that something the US said or did provoked Russia into acting, etc., etc. I suspect that by ceaseless repetition the administration hopes to cement the narrative as brazen unadulterated military aggression, full stop. By relentlessly predicting it, they hope to define the lens through which it is understood.”

Whether Russia invades or not, it’s comforting knowing grownups are in charge rather than watching a fool tripping over himself trying to get Putin to “like him”.

What's Infuriating About The Official IU Site

Jonathan King is not on the roster. He just hit the portal. That is good service.
Craig Johnson is on the coaches roster. Just started. That is good service.
Peyton Hendershot is STILL on the roster despite having been a redshirt senior last year, and despite an invite to the NFL Combine.

So we can't rely on the IU site to have a correct roster. Ever. Sigh.

It's the little things that make the difference.
Ice melt on icy days.
Water on hot days.
Lack of goose crap.
Accurate data on your web site.

I'm whining.

Craig Johnson formally announced as RB coach

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-...johnson-as-associate-head-coach-and-rb-coach/
Interesting Quotes

Steve McNair, Vince Young, and Kerry Collins each reached the Pro Bowl under Johnson’s direction from 2002-09. McNair shared the NFL’s Most Valuable Player honors with Peyton Manning in 2003, and he made the Pro Bowl in 2000, 2003, and 2005.

Young was named the league’s Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2006. Collins took over for an injured Young in the 2008 opener, led Tennessee to a 12-3 record as starter, and received a Pro Bowl nod.

At Northwestern University from 1992-96, Johnson coached quarterbacks after three seasons as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Virginia Military Institute. VMI led the country in rushing in 1991.

Northwestern won consecutive Big Ten titles (1995-96) for the first time in program history. The 1995 Wildcats posted their first winning season since 1971 and captured their first trip to the Rose Bowl since 1949. Quarterback Steve Schnur claimed first-team All-B1G accolades and was the conference’s MVP runner-up in 1996.

FLkF0bOXEAgTvZL

Fauci and Hillary and the Deep State

The more and more it comes out, the more and more it appears Fauci is connected to the virus that came out of Wuhan. It's clear that this virus is synthetic and not naturally occurring. Then, another developing story is if it wasn't enough that Hillary white washed her computer to hide emails, or that the Clinton foundation funded the Trump dossier, but now it is found her campaign was financing an effort to infiltrate the POTUS server and make it appear that he has ties to Russia. This is the deepest of the deep state. I don't care what party it is. Trump. Clinton. Democrat. Republican. Super Pacts. Whatever. Prosecute them all and throw them behind bars forever. Our system is beyond corrupt.

Why?

Has it been so fricken hard for IU to get back to being good? Serious question. Other programs have gotten good- Rutgers, Arkansas, Bama, Seton Hall, Providence, UCLA, Zona quickly returned. Serious responses only.

please don’t blame coaches or admin. It seems to not matter who is coaching or who is AD, same ole crap year after year. I truly hate where this program is right now.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT