ADVERTISEMENT

Is anybody else playing golf in Indiana on Sunday? It is supposed to be around 55 degrees and sunny, so we are

playing Shadowood in Seymour. We would play Timbergate, but both it and Otter Creek will be closed Sunday because the ground is too cold.

We will be teeing off close to noon and I am really looking forward to it! It will be the first time I have played golf in over 50 days. Ironically, the last time I played was at Shadowood on New Years Eve because Timbergate was closed that day, too.
Reactions: Brockway

IU ladies don't show up in the 1st period and fall to Iowa, 96-91...

There's no sense in even trying to describe this game. Iowa showed they really wanted this game badly, and thumped IU in the 1st, 25-11, with very little contribution from Clark on the scoring end. It was Iowa's Czinano who did most of the damage on the inside, while McKenna Warnock was close to perfect from the field, and it's clear that while Holmes is able to play, she is nowhere near 100 pct. The only period IU won was the 4th and IU came on strong in that period to pull within 5 points with five seconds left, but they just had too much ground to make up. IU scored 42 points in the 4th. Iowa was 56% from the field on FGs and to include 52.6% on 3s and that was with Clark just hitting 1 of 5 from behind the arc. I'm guessing, and I would say this is a good guess, this is probably Iowa's best game of the season and on the road.

All Big-Ten: early discussion

All season it has appeared that 6 are vying for 1st team all league.
For now, I'll leave them here:

1.) POY Kofi Cockburn
2.) Johnny Davis
3.) Keegan Murray
4.) Jaded Ivey
To me, these 4 are likely unanimous selections.
5.) Trayce Jackson-Davis/ EJ Liddell

2nd team
6.) Ron Harper Jr.
7.) Hunter Dickenson
8.) Bryce McGowens
9.) Zach Eddy
10.) Payton Willis

3rd team
11.) Fats Russell
12.) Jamison Battle
13.) Boo Buie
14.) Paul Mulcahey
15.) John Harrar

HM: Race, T. Williams, Nance, Diabate, Hoggard, Frazier, Davison, Verge, Plummer, Omoruyi, Brown, Scott, Ayala, Lundy, T. Walker
Reactions: 4IUSox2

'Ghost’ ship with 1,300 supercars ‘worth £120m’ drifting at sea after crew flee fire

'Ghost’ ship with 1,300 supercars ‘worth £120m’ drifting at sea after crew flee fire

The ship caught fire in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean destroying a fleet of supercars including 1,100 Porsches while 22 crew members managed to escape.

0_Cargo-ship-carrying-4000-Porsches-and-Volkswagens-catches-fire-in-middle-of-Atlantic.jpg

A fleet of supercars were engulfed by flames after a 'ghost ship' caught fire while transporting them across the Atlantic Ocean.

The 650ft long vessel was ablaze near the Azores islands with the 1,300 supercars, worth an estimated £120 million, onboard.

Lifeboats reportedly raced to the burning boat on Wednesday morning with 22 crew members safely evacuated.

Pictures show smoke billowing from the ship after the fire was reported on one of its cargo decks.

The expensive inventory was thought to include 4,000 cars in total including 1,100 Porsches and 189 Bentleys as it made its way from Germany to the US.

0_The-new-Porsche-Panamera-Executive-is-di.jpg

Porsche customers had been allegedly told that they could track their purchases via live updates on the 'Track Your Dream' portal online.

But the website later explained that an incident had occurred "on the Felicity Ace carrying certain Porsche vehicles."

A Porsche spokesperson told the Sun Online that the ship was carrying 1,100 of its cars but that it is not known what state the vehicles are left in.

They added: "Our immediate thoughts are of the 22 crew of the merchant ship Felicity Ace, all of whom we understand are safe and well as a result of their rescue by the Portuguese Navy following reports of a fire on board."

The Felicity Ace vessel is often used to transport expensive cars such as Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen and Lamborghini.

YouTuber Matt Farah was one of the unlucky customers whose new car was on the burning vessel.

He tweeted: "I just got the call from my dealer. My car is now adrift, possibly on fire, in the middle of the ocean."

IU + 5.5

Let's go!!! Everyone on board... This is my "lock of the year" bet! I know everyone is a downer these days, but these Hoosiers have a different vibe. They're warriors and won't give in. I know in my gut that today is the day for redemption. Sorry, just hadn't seen the bi-weekly pep talk yet this week and thought everyone needed a reminder of he who has mysteriously disappeared....

New DC

I have a good feeling about the defense next season. Although we will be without McFadden, when he’s the only one making plays, it’s easy to game plan against him. A more simplistic and aggressive defense will immediately make us better as more guys will make plays and when you do that you play more confidently. If you attack, you will play better and have better chance to win. If you’re reaching to the attack, it gets old quick. Add the fact that it’s fairly obvious many players DID NOT want to be there (based on the amount of transfers in season and after.)
DC also didn’t develop any depth at all. All reps went to very few which I believe is a big reason we had so many injuries. Looking back on the Wyoming game, it memory serves me correct, he had starters in late in the 4th. Personally I think he was 95% of the problem with our D. We will see.

Are there really football Gods and do they really hate us?

When people start complaining about injuries and blaming them for poor performance or losses I say quityerbellyaching! Injuries are part of the game, everyone has them, next man up and sack-up. But I just watched the PU debacle again and early in the game the announcer said we had suffered 18 season ending injuries and another 12 who missed at least one game. That can't be normal, I mean I would expect 1-3 season ending and maybe 5-7 missing a game but 30 !? I didn't try to track down how many were in the 2 deep and how many were depth but there is no way we can cover that kind of loss of personnel, that would even tax O$U, Mich and P$U ... maybe.

It makes me wonder. Damn.

This Randomly Showed Up On My Twitter Timeline; Looks Like Crean May Be Out OfA Job Before The End Of The Season

60 Foot Rogue Wave Confirmed

Imagine seeing that out the window of your boat. 4 story tall angry wave. There's been controversy that these monsters exist but as with all of these mythical things we're seeing more and more evidence. A few years back we confirmed UFO's - one massive one over Phoenix, another over O'Hare, and finally one floating above the dirty Myrtle. We've had multiple recordings of Chupacabras in Texas, most recently I believe in Houston. And I believe we're getting closer and closer to finally finding Bigfoot. I personally saw one as I was driving through the Smoky Mountains. It was a little one (likely a female) under a waterfall literally right off the highway. It was unmistakable. My dad says he heard the scream of one while camping outside of Leadville years ago.

Heady times folks...we're going to need a bigger boat

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT