I've been doing it for a week or two.

Wordle 226 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Reactions: twenty02
Here's my best performance yet. I'm proud of this one.

Wordle 219 2/6
⬜
🟨
🟩
⬜
⬜

🟩
🟩
🟩
🟩
🟩

The answer was "KNOLL"

Reactions: twenty02
I haven't even had to go to guess #6 yet. Do I get to give you shit?

(The guest on Wait Wait this week told the story of how he was saying Wordle was so easy you'd have to be an idiot to miss it, and then he couldn't figure it out one day.)
There is a strategy to not lose, after getting a green don't use it again so you can narrow out other letters. Turning on hard level prevents that (that is the asterisk next to my score). If I get a clue I have to use it. Since I play that way to try for best score anyway I might as well turn on the hard.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
There is a strategy to not lose, after getting a green don't use it again so you can narrow out other letters. Turning on hard level prevents that (that is the asterisk next to my score). If I get a clue I have to use it. Since I play that way to try for best score anyway I might as well turn on the hard.
Wait, there really is a hard setting? How do you do that?

Oh wait. I just figured it out. I'll switch that on, because that's how I do it, anyway. I don't play those lame games Marvin was talking about.
Do you use the same opening word? I vary, my ADD demands I don't do the same thing. But I have friends that use the same word and 2 use adieu for vowel elimination so that seems popular.

I haven't even had to go to guess #6 yet. Do I get to give you shit?

(The guest on Wait Wait this week told the story of how he was saying Wordle was so easy you'd have to be an idiot to miss it, and then he couldn't figure it out one day.)
You can give me shit. I was convinced I knew today’s so I was reckless. I was not right.

Wordle 226 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

a journalistic entity can't be involved with or own other assets for financial gain, or buy and sell other assets, or be controlled by an entity with other assets, or have any revenue source other than subscriptions, and still be a journalistic entity.

a catch 22 for sure, and why we have zero journalistic entities, nor can have, under current distribution avenues.

and the broader the web the entity is embroiled in, the less journalistic it becomes with each added tentacle.

i guess the trick is to realize the reader/viewer isn't the master the entity is really serving, and digest what one takes in with that reality in mind.

thus we get what we got, and real journalism is a complete hostage to other agendas than truth and complete truth.

and no, i know of no workarounds.

i just realize that real journalism is logistically impossible once money is involved, and the more money is involved, the less truth is.

and once journalism is corporate, the content is controlled by the capitalism algorithm, and literally no human can over ride the algorithm long term no matter how much they want to, absent them controlling the voting shares, and it can be no other way.

so always read and view with that in mind, and try and sort things out as best you can, realizing all you see and hear from said sources is serving something other than truth, and other than you.

Last edited:
Just went to the website for the first time. 226-4/6. Started with arose like someone mentioned above. Looks like it could be addicting.

actually I think I read somewhere else that they always start with arose

I’m diggin this

Wordle 227 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

But let’s be honest, only a matter of time before the NYT ruins it

Reactions: NPT
I’m diggin this

Wordle 227 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah. They said it would stay free “for now”

There is also Dordle, two words at the same time.

Daily Dordle #0008 4&6/7
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜🟩 ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

Reactions: larsIU
I had a buddy try hard to talk me out of playing suggesting they were clearly data mining something. I told him I had considered that but I could come up with nothing that made me individually vulnerable. It might be they can use it in the macro level to get password tendencies, for example.

Reactions: UncleMark
Wordle 227 3/6*

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Anybody know what the asterisk is for?

I’m diggin this

Wordle 227 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LOL.

My bride is really into this Wordle stuff. I mentioned that some folks here are into it and that someone mentioned the NYT would ruin it. Her comment: "Fvckin' A."

Then, not being into this or having ever done it, I mentioned folks were saying to use "adieu" or "adore" or something like that. (I'm not sure I understand what this means, but nevertheless.) She says, "Nope. You have to use some consonants. Ask them if they're getting it in two or three words."

I don't know what any of this means other than she and some here are addicted to some game. I now have a headache and need a beer.

Reactions: Spartans9312
LOL.

My bride is really into this Wordle stuff. I mentioned that some folks here are into it and that someone mentioned the NYT would ruin it. Her comment: "Fvckin' A."

Then, not being into this or having ever done it, I mentioned folks were saying to use "adieu" or "adore" or something like that. (I'm not sure I understand what this means, but nevertheless.) She says, "Nope. You have to use some consonants. Ask them if they're getting it in two or three words."

I don't know what any of this means other than she and some here are addicted to some game. I now have a headache and need a beer.
They do a pretty decent job with their crosswords, so I think Wordle will be just fine.

They do a pretty decent job with their crosswords, so I think Wordle will be just fine.
but will it be behind a paywall or free like the mini crossword. I suspect free for the daily with all historical wordles behind the paywall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT