ADVERTISEMENT

Who applies?

No more people from the state of Indiana! Coaches from this state don’t do shit in sports here. Get as far away from Indiana people as possible. Avoid this state like the plague. I don’t know why people have such a nostalgia for this state. It stinks for talent in the coaching ranks. Go find a state that actuall knows something about football.
He’s actually from Ohio. Coaching in Erie Pennsylvania right now. Played and coached east of Canton. Eastern Ohio. Western PA. Can’t get more football than that. He wins.

It’s not worth getting a thread locked up or even hijacking it. My bad.
It's also a false narrative. Tom Allen had nothing to do with Kevin Wilson's departure other than it changed his decision to leave IU. Fred Glass pulled the trigger on firing KW because he didn't want to lose TA, but there was no insider deal with Tom Allen to get rid of Wilson and hand him the job.

Regardless of what one may think of the job he's done, Tom Allen is a man of integrity. He had made the decision to move on from a situation he wasn't comfortable with, but he made absolutely no "it's him or me" ultimatums. In fact, the decision by Fred Glass to remove Wilson in order to not lose TA was as surprising to CTA as it was to the rest of us.

Reactions: 76-1
It's also a false narrative. Tom Allen had nothing to do with Kevin Wilson's departure other than it changed his decision to leave IU. Fred Glass pulled the trigger on firing KW because he didn't want to lose TA, but there was no insider deal with Tom Allen to get rid of Wilson and hand him the job.

Regardless of what one may think of the job he's done, Tom Allen is a man of integrity. He had made the decision to move on from a situation he wasn't comfortable with, but he made absolutely no "it's him or me" ultimatums. In fact, the decision by Fred Glass to remove Wilson in order to not lose TA was as surprising to CTA as it was to the rest of us.
i keep hearing that. but where the hell was CTA going?

Reactions: ESalum86 and bang63
speculation
I don't think so. I'm not a guy who regularly claims to have inside information on the program, but two very reliable sources - both in a position to know - told me the same story ( not necessarily where he was going, but that he had already informed FG that he was leaving). Those two sources do not know each other, but both got the story from inside the AD's office. Glass pulled the trigger on KW because he didn't want to lose TA, and he had a strong feeling that he would eventually have to fire Wilson regardless. Tom Allen was not going to continue working for/with Kevin Wilson, simple as that.

Joe Rudolph OC at Va Tech. Played at Wisconsin. Coached there, Went with Paul Chryst as Assistant and OC. Understands OL Play and running the ball effectively. Give Him 2 years and our Offense will at least look as good as Illinois or Minnesota. Won't put up with failing offensive Play.
Was at UW as run game coordinator during at time where they went from most dominant power running team in the country to now….meh

We have had 6 coaches since 1997. One of them is an assistant at OSU. The rest of them are no longer coaching. This program has hardly been a springboard for coaching careers. We’re going to have to pay big money because it will likely be their last coaching job - the very definition of career suicide.
Is this a joke?

“The rest of them” is two coaches.

cameron coached for 15 years after he was fired.

Hep….

Lynch coached 9 years after he was fired.

Wilson.

Yea, Palmbeach!! You are SO RIGHT!! Let’s disqualify a guy who went 68-35 at Auburn, beat Saban 3 times in 8 tries (more than anyone else) and took a team to a National Championship game. IU will have many more candidates with superior credentials when the job comes open. 🙄

Not in any way do I think Gus would consider IU, but how dare he backstab the great Houston Nutt!! Absolutely, just can’t have that in our next coach. TIC

We have had 6 coaches since 1997. One of them is an assistant at OSU. The rest of them are no longer coaching. This program has hardly been a springboard for coaching careers. We’re going to have to pay big money because it will likely be their last coaching job - the very definition of career suicide.
The past fired coaches get good TV jobs.

Assume we fire our head coach after this season.

Name the highest level, bestest coach guy you think actually contacts IU and says “I want the job.”

Not the guy you WANT to have - the guy you think applies.

Or the DESCRIPTION of the guy.

Power 5 Coordinator?
Power 5 position coach?
Group of 5 HC or Coordinator? Position coach?
Mid major?
NFL staff?
Former HC now on sidelines?
Younger guy on the way up?
Preacher, sinner, saint?

I’d speculate HC, Group of 5, and our fan base howls.

Assume we fire our head coach after this season.

Name the highest level, bestest coach guy you think actually contacts IU and says “I want the job.”

Not the guy you WANT to have - the guy you think applies.

Or the DESCRIPTION of the guy.

Power 5 Coordinator?
Power 5 position coach?
Group of 5 HC or Coordinator? Position coach?
Mid major?
NFL staff?
Former HC now on sidelines?
Younger guy on the way up?
Preacher, sinner, saint?

I’d speculate HC, Group of 5, and our fan base howls.
Here is our coaches pool IMO:
- Good Mid-Major who does not care about adding a lot of losses to his resume.
- Old HC with track record with half-foot out the door who wants to do the impossible
- 1-AA Superstar HC
- Top OC or DC who wants a pay raise..
That's about it..
See..
- There is to much risk of rolling-up multiple losses & get run out of head coaching to risk it. We have dug ourselves such a hole that beyond buying our way out (ie. throwing money around to lure someone - But not IU Football's style)
- I think that we just keep digging the hole deeper..

Reactions: kmathum
Yea, Palmbeach!! You are SO RIGHT!! Let’s disqualify a guy who went 68-35 at Auburn, beat Saban 3 times in 8 tries (more than anyone else) and took a team to a National Championship game. IU will have many more candidates with superior credentials when the job comes open. 🙄

Not in any way do I think Gus would consider IU, but how dare he backstab the great Houston Nutt!! Absolutely, just can’t have that in our next coach. TIC
I am probably wrong about this. But myself have no use for guys such as him or Jimbo who was part of running Bobby Bowden out at FSU. Just goes to character of a person. i guess I would rather go on losing than to have a guy like. I guess that is maybe a character flaw of mine in being selfish.

I don't think so. I'm not a guy who regularly claims to have inside information on the program, but two very reliable sources - both in a position to know - told me the same story ( not necessarily where he was going, but that he had already informed FG that he was leaving). Those two sources do not know each other, but both got the story from inside the AD's office. Glass pulled the trigger on KW because he didn't want to lose TA, and he had a strong feeling that he would eventually have to fire Wilson regardless. Tom Allen was not going to continue working for/with Kevin Wilson, simple as that.
rumors aren't facts

If you are so certain my information is wrong, please enlighten me on what the facts of the situation are/were. I don't want to be spreading false information.
just like you I have no facts. unlike you I'm not speculating and spreading rumors

I am probably wrong about this. But myself have no use for guys such as him or Jimbo who was part of running Bobby Bowden out at FSU. Just goes to character of a person. i guess I would rather go on losing than to have a guy like. I guess that is maybe a character flaw of mine in being selfish.
a lot of iu fans are living in Never Never Land. where everything is sunshine lollipops and rainbows.

Reactions: bang63
just like you I have no facts. unlike you I'm not speculating and spreading rumors
I trust the sources. Ninety percent of what's on any message board is speculation. As I said, I'm not someone who frequently contends that I have connections or inside information. In fact, I doubt that I have ever made a post outside of this topic claiming to have any inside knowledge on anything related to IU athletics. But on this particular matter, I'll stand by the information I was given. The folks who told me aren't rumor-mongers or people pretending to be in the know. I only bring this up when someone suggests that it was possible to keep both KW and TA on the same coaching staff, or when someone suggests that there was a deal cooked up between FG and TA to kick KW to the curb.

I trust the sources. Ninety percent of what's on any message board is speculation. As I said, I'm not someone who frequently contends that I have connections or inside information. In fact, I doubt that I have ever made a post outside of this topic claiming to have any inside knowledge on anything related to IU athletics. But on this particular matter, I'll stand by the information I was given. The folks who told me aren't rumor-mongers or people pretending to be in the know. I only bring this up when someone suggests that it was possible to keep both KW and TA on the same coaching staff, or when someone suggests that there was a deal cooked up between FG and TA to kick KW to the curb.
so now we're back to my original response that you're speculating and after a couple long winded posts you admit that you're speculating, thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT