ADVERTISEMENT

Who applies?

Didn't we beat him when he coached PSU?
I thought you were talking about Chryst.

Yes IU did beat BOB one time at PSU. Worth mentioning BOB was thrown into the fire in the aftermath of Sandusky. Mass exodus of transfers, massive scholarship reductions, and postseason bans. BOB was essentially coaching PSU with both hands tied behind his back and still went 15-9.

Regardless, BOB’s corpse has more credibility than Tom Allen. Would be an immediate upgrade.

I think you have to hire a guy with P5 experience. Not sure Dan Mullen takes this job but someone like Paul Chryst might and he’d likely be the best a team like IU could get. Hire Chryst and give him whatever he needs to hire an innovative offensive coordinator.

I’d settle for Bill O’Brien at this point.
I thought you were talking about Chryst.

Yes IU did beat BOB one time at PSU. Worth mentioning BOB was thrown into the fire in the aftermath of Sandusky. Mass exodus of transfers, massive scholarship reductions, and postseason bans. BOB was essentially coaching PSU with both hands tied behind his back and still went 15-9.

Regardless, BOB’s corpse has more credibility than Tom Allen. Would be an immediate upgrade.
If the criterion is “IU already beat him” I guess that eliminates O’Brien. And Chryst, And Harbaugh and Franklin, for that matter. And, obviously, it clearly eliminates Tyson Helton..

Oh, also Dave Clawson IIRC.

Beginning to hear rumors from alumni that Fitz is entering some hot water at NW

Here's what we absolutely have to try and see with no buyouts (I think)

1. Urban Meyer
2. Chris Petersen
3. Jason Garrett
4. Jim Tressel
5. Jimmy Johnson
6. Paul Chryst
7. Top assistant (coordinator) at any SEC school
Jim Tressel is an interesting thought. I don't know details of what all happened at OSU with him. He might actually be someone that would consider the job. At this point with NIL and rule changes I don't think he killed anyone ?

Jim Tressel is an interesting thought. I don't know details of what all happened at OSU with him. He might actually be someone that would consider the job. At this point with NIL and rule changes I don't think he killed anyone ?
In a nutshell he lied to NCAA investigators about his knowledge of impermissible benefits given to several of his players and subsequently playing them while ineligible. He’s the current president at Youngstown State and has held that position for awhile now. He’s pushing 70 and I doubt he’s eager to get back into coaching, especially the shit show that is IU football.

A school where football, and you, will always play second fiddle to basketball for fans and the school.
A school that still has not shown it is willing to seriously compete in its conference in terms of facilities.
A school whose current coach is by far the highest paid it has ever had,
and yet whose salary is still only middle of the pack in the Big Ten.
A school with the most losses in all of FBS football.
A school with no bowl victories in over 30 years as a Power 5 program.
A school in a relatively talent-poor state it shares with two historically more successful P5 programs.

What a wonderful pitch to sell prospective coaches on.
I would like to take a look what NFL coaches are available when his time is up. Basketball coaches have made the transition. A few have come from the NFL. There may not be any that are a good fit, but let's not forget about this option.

To be honest. I want to win. I'll take a coach with a checkered past if he was successful. Tired of being self righteous and losing while scumbags are winning.

To be honest. I want to win. I'll take a coach with a checkered past if he was successful. Tired of being self righteous and losing while scumbags are winning.
Completely with you but IU will be squeaky clean when it comes to hires going forward. Sampson set that precedent.
I’d prefer that our programs, both football and basketball, be similar to Michigan State. The conference loves them and they have an edge to them. We get a bunch of nice kids who aren’t tough. They are junkyard dogs, both in football and basketball. . Our programs have choirboys. Time to start playing like everyone else and that goes for the coaches as well.

Here's what we absolutely have to try and see with no buyouts (I think)

1. Urban Meyer
2. Chris Petersen
3. Jason Garrett
4. Jim Tressel
5. Jimmy Johnson
6. Paul Chryst
7. Top assistant (coordinator) at any SEC school
the obvious answer is kevin wilson. kevin come back. we're sorry. i'll even be your designated driver. that is, when i'm sober.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT