ADVERTISEMENT

What’s wrong with people?

We had this exact same discussion about gays twenty years ago.

No matter how personally disgusting or repugnant or bizarre we might all find this to be, it appears to be a real thing, not some vast conspiracy to pervert a generation of children and subvert Western civilization.

There's quite a difference between perverting a generation of children and being a shitty parent and human being. The kid can't even wipe their own ass. But, suddenly we should support permanent transition?

Just because a kid likes things associated with the opposite gender, these people are suddenly supporting gender roles and preferences? Nobody checked on many Tom Boys or feminine guys the past 20 years to see how they ended up without gender transitioning?

The first is 1:08 long, the second is half of that.
Ok watched both. Still not on board with physically changing a child from one sex to another (which is impossible). Now, as others have noted, if they want to let the child explore their gender, fine. I have no problems with that. I’ll even swallow the pronouns and address your child however you want me to.

But puberty blockers or other physical changes (which are likely irreversible) are a bridge too far right now for me. Now, there could be further research which shows this is safe and in the best long term interests of the child. And, should that come to be, I’ll reassess my stance.

But puberty blockers or other physical changes (which are likely irreversible) are a bridge too far right now for me. Now, there could be further research which shows this is safe and in the best long term interests of the child. And, should that come to be, I’ll reassess my stance.

IIUC, puberty blockers change nothing. They in fact prevent changes from puberty from happening. The child remains physically pre-adolescent. If/when those drugs are lifted, puberty is then allowed to proceed.

In the first video when the father says his trans daughter will never go through puberty, he was speaking within the context of her participating in sports and how people might claim she would have an unfair advantage. The video referenced Holcomb's veto of a bill that addressed that.

I've yet to see anyone advocating for surgery on minors.

IIUC, puberty blockers change nothing. They in fact prevent changes from puberty from happening. The child remains physically pre-adolescent. If/when those drugs are lifted, puberty is then allowed to proceed.

In the first video when the father says his trans daughter will never go through puberty, he was speaking within the context of her participating in sports and how people might claim she would have an unfair advantage. The video referenced Holcomb's veto of a bill that addressed that.

Mark.... 3 years old.

Puberty is f*cked up as is. Now go through it four years or so off schedule? Again, if the science tells me the outcomes outweigh my personal feelings on the matter I’ll come around.

Puberty is f*cked up as is. Now go through it four years or so off schedule? Again, if the science tells me the outcomes outweigh my personal feelings on the matter I’ll come around.

Why would your personal feelings have any bearing on whether or not someone else's child could benefit?

Why would your personal feelings have any bearing on whether or not someone else's child could benefit?
I’m not certain of the benefit? Nor the “could” part. Right or wrong I’d like a little more certainty.

Now, ultimately you’re probably right. My personal feeling should have little bearing on someone’s else’s decisions regarding their children.

But I’m really just stating my feelings on the matter. And I think the science is still mushy enough to warrant my opinion. I think we’ll know a lot more in five to ten years as these kids grow up

Imagine the mental health that follows puberty at 23 lol. Single white make, 23, high pitched voice with the body of a child, seeks college grad to watch reruns of Sam and Cat at my parents’ house. Serious inquiries only

Imagine the mental health that follows puberty at 23 lol. Single white make, 23, high pitched voice with the body of a child, seeks college grad to watch reruns of Sam and Cat at my parents’ house. Serious inquiries only
Could be your kid's BFF or roommate.

Reactions: larsIU

No matter how personally disgusting or repugnant or bizarre we might all find this to be, it appears to be a real thing, not some vast conspiracy to pervert a generation of children and subvert Western civilization.
It's not exactly the same. They are talking about hormone treatments that permanently affect their child's development. That may or may not be in the best interests of the child, and I'm certainly in no position to make such a judgement (and the posters in this thread who are quick to make judgements are not in a position to do so, either), but the sentence "my daughter will never go through male puberty" should raise a lot of questions. Interfering in a minor's physical development is no small matter.

I see I'm late to the party on this discussion, but I don't think even delaying puberty is a small thing, either. I'm not saying it's necessarily a wrong thing, just that it's a big thing, and the idea that these parents started down this path before the child "could even speak" is troubling for me.

There are some similarities, but it isn't the identical situation.

Supportive parents of gay kids 20 years ago weren't trying to give their kids drugs to alter their natural growth and progression into adults, and possibly permanently damage them. They weren't telling their children they were trapped in the wrong body. Nor were they encouraging their children to one day undergo a surgery to mutilate their bodies.

Instead, they were asking for acceptance, love, and understanding or, at the very least, tolerance, stopping discrimination, and a pledge not to bully their kids. I think a lot of conservatives would comply with that--do comply with that--in interpersonal relationships.

That is, I think your primary motivation can be for the long-term safety of the child, not the subversion of traditional values surrounding gender roles of men and women, if you are skeptical of this.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
I see I'm late to the party on this discussion, but I don't think even delaying puberty is a small thing, either. I'm not saying it's necessarily a wrong thing, just that it's a big thing, and the idea that these parents started down this path before the child "could even speak" is troubling for me.
Or that the father is so certain now, while his kid is 9, that he will never go through male puberty. That should raise some eyebrows.

Reactions: DANC
What a dumb f***ng thread .. y'all need better hobbies.

Fixating on the strangest of practices of the weirdest outliers of society and then acting like it represents a community, a culture, or a political belief , or any group or belief, in any way, is nothing but a paranoid bullshit narrative driven by pronoun-phobia and hate.

Yes, some of you will deny that's what you're doing and you're lying. So, shut up ..

Last edited:
A lot of countries around the world are moving away from this nonsense because the benefits do not outweigh the risks. I mean, it’s common sense.

A 3 year old doesn’t even have a fully developed personality. Not even close.

And these “parents” claim they knew when she was 2 years old because she was “grabbing at tutu’s”.

Bullshit. These people made her what they wanted her to be.

What a dumb f***ng thread .. y'all need better hobbies.

Fixating on the strangest of practices of the weirdest outliers of society and then acting like it represents a community, a culture, or a political belief , or any group or belief, in any way, is nothing but a paranoid bullshit narrative driven by pronoun-phobia and hate.

Yes, some of you will deny that's what you're doing and you're lying. So, shut up ..
I don’t have to shut up. I don’t listen to you. TRUMP 24✊

It was a 3 year old. 3 year olds wear what you put them in. If a three year old was "trans" it is because the two degenerate parents wearing their "trans rights" bull shit put the thought in the child's head. A 3 year old is very impressionable and is going to sponge up what the people around him or her are spoon feeding them.

What these nutjobs did was and is child abuse.
4 of my grand kids at 3 yrs old thought that they were Dinosaurs (T-Rex to be exact). To show support, I've been driving them around and derailing fright trains. They just ROAAAR. I hope they don't want to tear up Tokyo.

For them, six years. If you mean for the trans stuff to really hit the mainstream, I think it has been a build up.

You aren't going to like my characterization particularly with what you posted above, but Progressives always need the next thing to fight. The whole "gay" battle was basically won. They got marriage and that stuff is everywhere and nobody can say boo about gay people anymore. So they had to find the next fight. Well that would be the T and the Q part. So now we have an explosion of that.

I also firmly believe that there is a subset of white progressives who love the idea of hitching onto that whole LGBTQ wagon because it is the current trump card in the intersectional grievance Olympics that drives the most hard-core progressives. White people are out of that process UNLESS....unless they can hop on the queer train.

Lefties are ****ing up their kids. All of our kids are struggling with the new paradigm but nothing like liberal ones. There is a race to be messed up. It is like a badge of Tik Tok honor to have some messed up, depressive, weirdo shit going on in their lives.

You’re just strange and paranoid. Some people want to support their children , even if they don’t fit into the little perfect box that conservatives call “normal.”

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I can see needing to make choices before puberty hits but 3 seems too young to me to be making life changing decisions. However, i am not an expert in the field and it isn't my place to judge other parents.

One can only hope they consulted a doctor that was giving them good advice.

I can see needing to make choices before puberty hits but 3 seems too young to me to be making life changing decisions. However, i am not an expert in the field and it isn't my place to judge other parents.

One can only hope they consulted a doctor that was giving them good advice.

Prior to puberty, the only "life changing decision" they've made is to treat the child the way she wants treated.

Of course, this assumes the parents aren't forcing this down the kids throat. Which seems to be the position of several.

Supportive parents of gay kids 20 years ago weren't trying to give their kids drugs to alter their natural growth and progression into adults, and possibly permanently damage them. They weren't telling their children they were trapped in the wrong body. Nor were they encouraging their children to one day undergo a surgery to mutilate their bodies.

Instead, they were asking for acceptance, love, and understanding or, at the very least, tolerance, stopping discrimination, and a pledge not to bully their kids. I think a lot of conservatives would comply with that--do comply with that--in interpersonal relationships.

Your contrasting word choices betray your prejudices.

Prior to puberty, the only "life changing decision" they've made is to treat the child the way she wants treated.

Of course, this assumes the parents aren't forcing this down the kids throat. Which seems to be the position of several.

If the parents didn't do anything that would permanently alter the kid at 3 then the reactions by some in this thread are completely over the top.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
These kids are lost already. Just like their goofy parents. And they’ll find some goofy doctor who’ll say it’s okay. How many doctors do you know that are normal? These families are lost. They needed to find soccer.

Your contrasting word choices betray your prejudices.
They don't.

It is an empirical fact that people who go through transition surgeries mutilate their bodies ("inflict a disfiguring injury on"). It is also a matter of empirical fact that people in the trans community talk in a woowoo way of people trapped in the wrong body. It is a disputable empirical fact that giving pre-pubescent children hormone blockers to prevent puberty permanently damages them--which is why I said "possibly."

None of that means that we shouldn't show any child or adult who feels so strongly about wanting to be the opposite sex love and compassion.

Roughly 175 years ago, the west stopped castrating boys to keep their singing voices the way they were. That was a tremendous advancement. I don't care what anyone of age does in this regard. But for kids, I worry about procedures that can't be easily reversed or are purely cosmetic. I am not an expert on these drugs, so I don't know the risks. But if the risks of them are very high at all, I'd have to say no. I believe in most states it is still technically illegal for kids to get tattoos, even with parental consent. So anything more than a tattoo seems to be the standard.

You’re just strange and paranoid. Some people want to support their children , even if they don’t fit into the little perfect box that conservatives call “normal.”
Meh.

Almost every parent wants to support their kids. Your “perfect box“ is not conservative or liberal, it’s child abuse or not child abuse.

Last edited:

Two year olds tear shit up, Mark. They’re not indicating what gender they prefer by grabbing certain things. They just get into everything.

That quote alone gives them away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT