ADVERTISEMENT

What’s this sudden throw-down between Dolson and Buckner?

Zero chance

And you just keep sayin dumb things. It's like a super power with you.. You would think that with your track record of constantly being wrong about almost everything you would learn to STFU ... but you don't. That's what makes you almost interesting, ya know, in a habitual loser says dumb shit constantly kind of way.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
And you just keep sayin dumb things. It's like super power with you.. You would think that with your track record of constantly being wrong about almost everything you would learn to STFU ... but you don't. That's what makes you almost interesting, ya know, in a habitual loser says dumb shit constantly kind of way.
Yes the guy who is wrong about every political thing he’s ever posted. Still doesn’t believe woke exists. Now we are to believe a sci fi drug addict is some former athlete. Lmao. Sure sure. Too bad you aren’t entertaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey
Which was shity on Pearl end.. Don’t be a rat!
Say you're going head-to-head with a rival for a top national recruit.

Say the recruit flat-out tells you, directly, that he's picking the rival, because they were giving him a new car and $80,000.

Say this wasn't the first time with that rival.
Or the second time.
Or the 3rd time.

I fully understand wanting to blow the whistle on that rival.

The only shitty part of it was that he recorded the recruit saying it, getting the kid in as much trouble as the rival.

Reactions: UncleMark
Say you're going head-to-head with a rival for a top national recruit.

Say the recruit flat-out tells you, directly, that he's picking the rival, because they were giving him a new car and $80,000.

Say this wasn't the first time with that rival.
Or the second time.
Or the 3rd time.

I fully understand wanting to blow the whistle on that rival.

The only shitty part of it was that he recorded the recruit saying it, getting the kid in as much trouble as the rival.
Yea. Like what the SEC has been doing for the past 60 years? But they have always kept their mouths shut about it.

Didn’t Pearl get in the middle of some issue between Iowa and Illinois that soured a lot of people on him? Am I misremembering something here?
I believe he ratted out Illinois when he was with Iowa when they were both going for the same recruit.

I can see why he wouldn't want to use his real game - 'reamer'......
"Allright boys, I'm Coach "Reamer", and if you play your cards right with me, you too, could escape the ghetto, and play college basketball."

The boys...

nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.gif

Sorry if I missed it, but this narrative of Buckner being the block of a hire of Pearl and Dolson lining it up--is there any proof for this? Has any journalist published any quotes--even anonymous--that confirm any part of this?

Sorry if I missed it, but this narrative of Buckner being the block of a hire of Pearl and Dolson lining it up--is there any proof for this? Has any journalist published any quotes--even anonymous--that confirm any part of this?

Not that I've seen, and I've asked for it. Seems to be a narrative that everyone is sure just has to be the case. Claims of lots of politics and glad handing and buddy networks and on and on...

There's definitely a lot going on behind the scenes and the leaks do seem to indicate there's two camps.

Reactions: BradStevens
Supposedly the Simons are behind Woodson. So the people with their name on the building probably have a little clout….

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

None of that has ever occurred in IU athletics (or any college teams / sports) The best you'll ever get is msg board commentary and whispers in the wind. This is never going to be Woodard and Bernstein. College sports coverage doesn't work that way.
Sites like this only exist for the rumors.

All we really know is the reality. Which is the train wreck playing out in front of us. 0 committed players in a class for first time in over 20 years, with a bad existing team. Don't need to be Bob Woodward to know that something is rotten at the core.

Woodson was possibly the worst hire in the history of college basketball, at least at this level. That was obvious to some at the time it happened (cough). A lot of people should be losing their jobs for this total and complete incompetence. Now it's major CYA time.

The one consistency across decades of malfeasance, ineptitude and failure is Scott Dolson.

Last edited:
I
I think there is a lot of "I want this to be true so it is." Maybe combined with, "Making it a big story might force it to be true."

Let's face it, the Cooler is built on those concepts. The sports boards actually got their first.

None of that has ever occurred in IU athletics (or any college teams / sports) The best you'll ever get is msg board commentary and whispers in the wind. This is never going to be Woodard and Bernstein. College sports coverage doesn't work that way.

All we really know is the reality. Which is the train wreck playing out in front of us. 0 committed players in a class for first time in over 20 years, with a bad existing team. Don't need to be Bob Woodward to know that something is rotten at the core.

Woodson was possibly the worst hire in the history of college basketball, at least at this level. That was obvious to some at the time it happened (cough). A lot of people should be losing their jobs for this total and complete incompetence. Now it's major CYA time.

The one consistency across decades of malfeasance, ineptitude and failure is Scott Dolson.
I agree with you on the state of IU basketball. I'm just always surprised at how flimsy rumors take off to a point where people are making statements on here as if they know the story perfectly well and are now blaming Buckner, et al. for all our woes.

Reactions: DANC

If you have to ask . . . . .
Yeah I don’t see how they justify bringing him back. There are some weird baked in things like giving a guy 4 years that 1) has become antiquated given the portal and 2) you just don’t see in many other sports.

The idea that perhaps had he lost the last three games he’d be out but bc he won he is coming back is absurd. Everyone has seen enough. This last little batch of wins is meaningless. You know what you’ve got

Yeah I don’t see how they justify bringing him back. There are some weird baked in things like giving a guy 4 years that 1) has become antiquated given the portal and 2) you just don’t see in many other sports.

The idea that perhaps had he lost the last three games he’d be out but bc he won he is coming back is absurd. Everyone has seen enough. This last little batch of wins is meaningless. You know what you’ve got
. . . just like Justin Fields.

We don’t even know if we’ll have anybody from this year’s team back next year. Could be a complete roster flip.

I hate NIL. I hate the portal. Separate these “programs” from the universities and make them subsidized minor league teams for the NBA and the NFL. You can see the Indiana Pacers AAA farm team at Assembly Hall weeknights and the Indiana University Club Team on weekends. The latter is the school’s team, with real students earning real degrees, with four-year commitments.

We don’t even know if we’ll have anybody from this year’s team back next year. Could be a complete roster flip.

I hate NIL. I hate the portal. Separate these “programs” from the universities and make them subsidized minor league teams for the NBA and the NFL. You can see the Indiana Pacers AAA farm team at Assembly Hall weeknights and the Indiana University Club Team on weekends. The latter is the school’s team, with real students earning real degrees, with four-year commitments.
I'd tune in to watch the latter. But never the former. And that is why it won't happen.

Doesn't the coach have to have the backing of the "elites?" Who are the non-elites in this story?
The story is Dolson wants to cut, Buckner and maybe the Simon family want to stop him. Who is more elite, Dolson or Quinn and Simon family?

I'd tune in to watch the latter. But never the former. And that is why it won't happen.
You bet. Give me a team with Anthony Leal and other kids getting a degree. Guys who are working hard to both play the sport and go to school in order to become a doctor, teacher, attorney or architect, for examples.

I'd take him as our basketball coach at this point. Would be fun tuning in to see what antics he was up to.
Well I’ve seen him take the corner flag and spread his legs real wide and sing into it like he’s in concert and not coaching. I like that a lot.

That’s why Bruce Pearl would have been fun. But i mean damn. Archie Miller to Woodson is just turn the lights out boring. You’d have to be a basketball junkie to watch that shit

I saw a tweet that had next year's basketball roster on it and all it had was Woody's head in the middle.

Absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: Univee2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT