ADVERTISEMENT

Very telling

Im4iu89

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2017
CBS sports listed their winners and losers of the portal. While it listed IU as a winner, it also listed Depaul as a winner. What was interesting was that the article listed the important players going to Depaul, but did not even mention CJ Gunn.

Honestly, why would they list Gunn as important? He's got a lot of work to do to prove himself. Hope he does, but certainly nothing he showed here would help the case that he's an impact transfer up there.

Honestly, why would they list Gunn as important? He's got a lot of work to do to prove himself. Hope he does, but certainly nothing he showed here would help the case that he's an impact transfer up there.
Thank god I don’t have to look at his thigh pads anymore.

CBS poll, with all of IU's additions as of 4/30.
16 UCLA
18 Purdue , who needs the portal, see you in Aug Trent
21 IU , is that a pulse
25 USC

Are any of your mercenaries truly elite? I just see a few guys that avg 10 a game.

You're still worried about IU? Do you lose sleep at night thinking about your idols in Bloomington?

16 UCLA
21 IU , is that a pulse
25 USC

Are any of your mercenaries truly elite? I just see a few guys that avg 10 a game.

Was Lance Jones, Purdue’s mercenary, considered truly elite?

16 UCLA
21 IU , is that a pulse
25 USC

We are going to beat your boiler ass… getting ready for back to the future.

16 UCLA
21 IU , is that a pulse
25 USC

I'm not big on expectations for a new roster like we have, and I respect MP as a coach, but I think there's a good chance we'll sweep you again, and no one will have deserved it more than you jackasses that come over here to troll. I think Braden and Fletch are in for a rude awakening as they start to live B10 life post-Edey. Of course they got a good taste of it vs UConn.

I'm not big on expectations for a new roster like we have, and I respect MP as a coach, but I think there's a good chance we'll sweep you again, and no one will have deserved it more than you jackasses that come over here to troll. I think Braden and Fletch are in for a rude awakening as they start to live B10 life post-Edey. Of course they got a good taste of it vs UConn.
I got to admit, even though I am an IU fan I pull for Caleb Furst. He didn't play a lot this yr but I would like to see what he can do. Now I do want IU to beat PU but I hope Caleb has a good season. He seems like a good dude.

I got to admit, even though I am an IU fan I pull for Caleb Furst. He didn't play a lot this yr but I would like to see what he can do. Now I do want IU to beat PU but I hope Caleb has a good season. He seems like a good dude.
well, I heard he's pre-med, so he's still likely to make millions after college, but it won't be in the NBA! What he can do is be a Doctor, maybe.

• Love
Reactions: VanPastorMan
UConn ass whipping was simply an extension from the FDU humiliating insult.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Loyer sucks.

Loyer sucks.
You mean Tin Tin?

ItA02g6.jpeg

well, I heard he's pre-med, so he's still likely to make millions after college, but it won't be in the NBA! What he can do is be a Doctor, maybe.
A medical and dental degree aren’t what they used to be. More of these doctors are now working at the mercy of a larger corporate entity. See your local corner “Doc in a box” Immediate Care or strip mall Aspen Dental, et al. They’re everywhere now with doctors merely employees working for The Man.

A medical and dental degree aren’t what they used to be. More of these doctors are now working at the mercy of a larger corporate entity. See your local corner “Doc in a box” Immediate Care or strip mall Aspen Dental, et al. They’re everywhere now with doctors merely employees working for The Man.
I believe most networks are now salary positions. IU health abomination is one.

16 UCLA
21 IU , is that a pulse
25 USC

Get ready for Edey to suck ass in the NBA.

16 UCLA
21 IU , is that a pulse
25 USC

IU has a very favorable big ten schedule they only play ucla and usc once and at home. Woodson needs to make the sweet sixeteen period with this roster.

16 UCLA
21 IU , is that a pulse
25 USC

Don’t look know, but you just lost a huge part of your offense. Purdue is generously ranked in the top 20. Edey was Mr. Everything for you and you’re going to be exposed next season.

IU has a very favorable big ten schedule they only play ucla and usc once and at home. Woodson needs to make the sweet sixeteen period with this roster.
As it stands now, USC is not projected to be all that competitive. They are still trying to build a roster.

Don’t look know, but you just lost a huge part of your offense. Purdue is generously ranked in the top 20. Edey was Mr. Everything for you and you’re going to be exposed next season.
I hate to say it, but PU always manages to surprise. In the final analysis, I think Painter will manage to have them In the upper echelon. With Lurch gone, other players will have opportunity to express their talents. They’ll be more versatile. That said, if we don’t sweep them, something is wrong.

Big Pharma runs the show mostly no matter the employer. Why pay big dollars for a medication middle man to complement the direct marketing to retail consumers.

• Sad
Reactions: RegionHoosiers
They are still trying to build a roster.
Their roster is built ..

They only have one spot left/ Signed 8 transfers and two highly rated top 40/50 freshman..

Their projected competitiveness lies in how well some of them transition to a bigger better league .. May be a good team, may finish at the bottom. Projected starters in bold.

USC​
Pos #
Exp
Hgt
Wgt
Matt Knowling (Yale)
2.1​
3​
6'5​
195​
Bryce Pope (UC San Diego)
2.0​
5​
6'3​
185​
Josh Cohen (U.Mass)
5.0​
5​
6'10​
220​
Clark Slajchert (Penn)
1.0​
4​
6'1​
170​
Terrance Williams (Michigan)
4.0​
5​
6'7​
240​
Chibuzo Agbo (Boise St)​
3.0​
5​
6'7​
215​
Saint Thomas (N.Colorado)​
3.4​
4​
6'7​
200​
Harrison Hornery​
4.0​
4​
6'9​
210​
Jalen Shelley​
3.4​
1​
6'8​
190​
Isaiah Elohim​
2.3​
1​
6'5​
190​
Brandon Gardner​
4.0​
2​
6'8​
215​
Rashaun Agee (Bowling Green St.)​
3.4​
4​
6'7​
210​
Open​
n/a​
0​
n/a​
n/a​

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but PU always manages to surprise. In the final analysis, I think Painter will manage to have them In the upper echelon. With Lurch gone, other players will have opportunity to express their talents. They’ll be more versatile. That said, if we don’t sweep them, something is wrong.
Actually I think Edey helped the other guys express their talent. It's going to get a lot harder when teams can devote full attention to shutting them down, vs cheating towards the paint worried about Zach. Life next year gets a lot harder for Smith and Loyer.

Actually I think Edey helped the other guys express their talent. It's going to get a lot harder when teams can devote full attention to shutting them down, vs cheating towards the paint worried about Zach. Life next year gets a lot harder for Smith and Loyer.
Yes, UCONN showed what perimeter pressure can do … Smith and Loyer will need to learn the step back and lateral step, when catch and shoot by itself doesn’t work.

Hoosier Nation certainly hopes so. It’s time for the cream (and crimson) to rise to the top, dairy farmers analogously like to say in speaking their minds, just off the top of their heads.

Will Berg may have the potential to be very good. 7 footer with a work ethic, a good head and can shoot. Potential next diamond in the rough.

Will Berg may have the potential to be very good. 7 footer with a work ethic, a good head and can shoot. Potential next diamond in the rough.
What gives you that idea? He barely played until the game was over.

Reactions: kkott
What gives you that idea? He barely played until the game was over.
I'd agree, if he had much promise he'd have been getting minutes behind Edey and being groomed to take over that spot this year. Edey was splitting minutes with that other big they had, who's name escapes me (? Williams), as a soph. Think they also have 7'2" and 6'10" guys in this class though, so between them and TKR they'll coble together a respectable post presence I'm sure. But, it won't have the gravitational pull or dump in benefit that Edey had.

Get ready for Edey to suck ass in the NBA.
I think you'll be the one who's disappointed. I think he'll play for a very long time in the NBA barring injury. Willing screener, shot blocker, rim protector, rebounder and reliable low post scorer and FT shooter. He may never be a star, but he'll get a lot of minutes for a long time, imo. But, I am usually terrible at picking NBA success, so you can hope!

I think you'll be the one who's disappointed. I think he'll play for a very long time in the NBA barring injury. Willing screener, shot blocker, rim protector, rebounder and reliable low post scorer and FT shooter. He may never be a star, but he'll get a lot of minutes for a long time, imo. But, I am usually terrible at picking NBA success, so you can hope!
Defensive 3 seconds, 24 second clock, and the NBA is not a lumbering Big Man league. See Tacko Fall, Isaac Haas, etc. Watch any NBA playoff game and tell me Edey can play. He's not going to get the BS whistles anymore.

Last edited:
If Garza didn't stick, I don't know how Edey will.

Edey has very clear limitations, but he’s 7’4”. If, and this is a big if, but if he goes to the right team and they have him play 10-15 minutes with their 2nd unit, he could last awhile in the league. Most likely he bounces around the league for a few seasons and then heads to Europe.

Defensive 3 seconds, 24 second clock, and the NBA is not a lumbering Big Man league. See Tacko Fall, Isaac Haas, etc. Watch any NBA playoff game and tell me Edey can play. He's not going to get the BS whistles anymore.
Nobody hated how games were called with Edey more than me, but remind me again how many NPOY awards Tacko Fall and Isaac Haas had? C'mon Man. I agree, he'll have some challenges, but I remember many, many folks (maybe you?) on here talking about how Edey couldn't play more than 25 minutes a game, couldn't get up and down the floor, etc... The defensive 3 seconds and 24 second shot clock will be a challenge, but he'll work on it and adapt, as he has each year I've been aware of what a Zach Edey is. He's progressed a ton and I think he'll stick. We'll see.

Nobody hated how games were called with Edey more than me, but remind me again how many NPOY awards Tacko Fall and Isaac Haas had? C'mon Man. I agree, he'll have some challenges, but I remember many, many folks (maybe you?) on here talking about how Edey couldn't play more than 25 minutes a game, couldn't get up and down the floor, etc... The defensive 3 seconds and 24 second shot clock will be a challenge, but he'll work on it and adapt, as he has each year I've been aware of what a Zach Edey is. He's progressed a ton and I think he'll stick. We'll see.
I agree. He's very tough to stop inside 10 feet and will require teams to adapt. In the right situation he'll do well. Though he's got a significant downside on defense.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT