ADVERTISEMENT

USC/UCLA B1G?

They could group the upper peninsula together and be the Michigans, Minny, Wisky then IU Purdue Illinois NW. but the E/W pods seem set.

Reactions: All4You
Divisions are dead. This is clearly why we never announced they were dead when everyone else had. This was in the works. My prediction is we’ll do divisions in 2023, then move to no divisions but these pods in 2024. You’ll play the same 3 or 4 teams every single year, with everyone else rotating. Championship game is top 2.

Divisions are dead. This is clearly why we never announced they were dead when everyone else had. This was in the works. My prediction is we’ll do divisions in 2023, then move to no divisions but these pods in 2024. You’ll play the same 3 or 4 teams every single year, with everyone else rotating. Championship game is top 2.
Probably right but I would like to see some sort of playoff in the conference. Say 4 teams per pod. Play 8 conference games with 3 ooc and then a pod playoff and the the championship.

Reactions: vesuvius13
we

they would be adding 2 to the west so you would have to move 2 out. If they keep divisions at all.
Nope. Add two to the west, all you'd have to do is move one out.

East West

OSU Minnesota
PSU Wisconsin
Michigan Illinois
Michigan State Northwestern
Rutgers Nebraska
Maryland Iowa
IU USC
PU UCLA

Otherwise the divisions would be unbalanced.

Cut a deal with Notre Dame and allow them to keep their home games deal with NBC. All their away games *will* be televised playing in the new Big Ten.

Add Pitt - good school, locks up the (I believe) fifth most populous state.

Then poach Stanford and Cal. Two high prestige universities, with varying amounts of success over the years, but are used to competing at the highest level. Essentially puts all of California in the Big Ten and creates opportunities for easier travel for that bloc of teams.

Rename the conference the Big Score.

It will be pods.

The iPod:

Illinois
Iowa
Indiana
Purdue

And I think calling it that should be worth another 10 mil annual for each school from Apple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT