ADVERTISEMENT

Try That In a Small Town

It came late, but finally we have our song of the summer.
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

I saw wapo was sobbing about Luke Combs remake of Tracy Chapmans song fast car. Somehow it’s evil for a white guy to do better with the song than a queer black woman. It’s RAYCIST donchtaknow.

I was pleasantly surprised to see their race baiting gained no traction at all.
It's not better, but it is pretty good. Chapman has endorsed Combs. And Combs is ecstatic about that because he admires her. It's not a competition.

BREAKING NEWS:

Jason Aldean would like to officially thank all the libs for the free publicity!
He is on tour and currently laughing all the way to the bank.
It’s especially cool that the guy playing when the worst mass shooting in the US occurred is now putting out a song talking about shooting people. Yee haw, Murica!

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
It’s especially cool that the guy playing when the worst mass shooting in the US occurred is now putting out a song talking about shooting people. Yee haw, Murica!
I'd never really heard of him and not a fan but I do agree with the law and order message

He thanks you for making him famous!

Reactions: IUSUMMERS and DANC
Don't we think maybe this is a bit too simplistic of a categorization between urban and small-town folk? Can you imagine if they put this video together, and in the background ran clips from the movies about Matthew Shepard and Brandon Teena?

It's not better, but it is pretty good. Chapman has endorsed Combs. And Combs is ecstatic about that because he admires her. It's not a competition.
My wife likes Combs version better. I’m with you.

And Chapman is making bank on this so I totally understand why she likes it. For Combs part, he said he first heard the song with his dad and has loved it ever since. He’s been playing it live for years.

It’s a sad statement on the media in this country that they have to try and stoke hatred and resentment at every single opportunity.

Sheryl Crow: @JasonAldean. I’m from a small town. Even people in small towns are sick of violence. There’s nothing small town or American about promoting violence. You should know better than anyone having survived a mass shooting. This is not small town or America. It’s just lame.

Fvcking LOVE it! Which is why it's being banned.
Red meat song for wannabe tough guys and fake country dudes. And before you start, I live in a small town of 2900, have multiple guns, and hunt. But I can still think beyond trucks, guns, and girls.

The same goes for this song as when I hear teen kids here locally dropping the N word at the park. Try that crap in East St. Louis or Harvey Illinois. See where it gets you.

More bro country for a nation of pretenders.

And people like me. Try smashing some windows in a small town and see what happens.
You are a walking talking stereotype of a pretender. But glad a song from the bro country genre allows you to puff your chest out.

You are too much. Lol.

Sheryl Crow: @JasonAldean. I’m from a small town. Even people in small towns are sick of violence. There’s nothing small town or American about promoting violence. You should know better than anyone having survived a mass shooting. This is not small town or America. It’s just lame.
I’ve admittedly only heard of the song today and watched the video once but how is it promoting violence?

Seems like it’s warning against violence.

Also, what, specifically, do you dislike about the song?

Reactions: DANC
She should endorse him it has resurrected her career probably making her a ton of $$$$. For the record I like the TC version better, way better and it brings back HS memories.

I’ve admittedly only heard of the song today and watched the video once but how is it promoting violence?

Seems like it’s warning against violence.

Also, what, specifically, do you dislike about the song?
Good song, I'm not the biggest JA fan but I knew it would trigger a bunch of people The song is not racist or promote violence at all it just says those who want to commit violent act would be best to not do that in a small town. Song went to number one for most downloads, it will make him millions.

Last edited:
She should endorse him it has resurrected her career probably making her a ton of $$$$. For the record I like the TC version better, way better and it brings back HS memories.
I loved TC when she came on the scene. The work she did with Mellencamp was also something that I had on instant rewind (that was a thing back then). :)

I was going to say this. Chapman was a prodigy and is a musical genius. Combs is a big fan as are most musicians. They are probably even proud to call that queer black women a friend despite what some here wish and project.

Aldean ripping off Hank Jr who probably ripped off someone else before him who probably ripped off someone and on and on

I had a good friend in New York City
He never called me by my name, just "Hillbilly"
My grandpa taught me how to live off the land
And his taught him to be a businessman
He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
And I'd send him some homemade wine
But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
For 43 dollars, my friend lost his life
I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes
Then shoot him with my old .45
'Cause a country boy can survive, country folks can survive

Jerks hold a violent protest, burning stuf, beating people, shooting, attacking cops

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - yay!

Guy writes a song protesting the violence -and suggesting it would not happen in a small town, where the typicaldumbassliberal would get an #asswhopping so doesn’t have the courage to try that stupiddumbassliberal stuff

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - “boo - we don't like your violence

I have no problem with people who dislike both sets of violence. I have big problems with people who celebrate one and condemn the other.

Not surprised you and her were both teachers.

@washdedupcelebritiesthatwereoncemarginallyhot
Jerks hold a violent protest, burning stuf, beating people, shooting, attacking cops

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - yay!

Guy writes a song protesting the violence -and suggesting it would not happen in a small town, where the typicaldumbassliberal would get an #asswhopping so doesn’t have the courage to try that stupiddumbassliberal stuff

@typicaldumbassliberal tweets - “boo - we don't like your violence

I have no problem with people who dislike both sets of violence. I have big problems with people who celebrate one and condemn the other.

Not surprised you and her were both teachers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT