ADVERTISEMENT

State of the Hoosiers, August

X was 9.9 pts and 4.9 asst. with almost 3 To’s a game.
JHS was 13.5 pts and 3.7 ast.
JHs was the better offensive player, X probably the better on the ball defender but makes too many selfish “me” type plays that kills us.
On a per 40 basis X was only a point behind, a TO worse and 3 assists better than JHS. With better defense. X played 11 games last year and only 25 mpg. Once Big started X would have likely played 35 mpg. Look at his full year stats from the season before.

And kinda odd that the player you call selfish averaged 3 more assists per 40 minutes than the unselfish player? For the record I don’t think either are selfish but X has better vision and passing at this point in both their careers.

These dumbass threads comparing NBA players to Tamar Bates and Xavier Johnson are irresistible.
I don’t know man. I don’t see anyone knocking JHS the way you and others are knocking X. We all agree JHS is the better NBA prospect. I am glad to have both as Hoosiers. But there absolute is an argument for who is better right now. Imo X can guard point guards at twice the level of JHS currently.

If NBA draft position is the only indicator of who is better then JHS was also better than TJD last year????

I don’t know man. I don’t see anyone knocking JHS the way you and others are knocking X. We all agree JHS is the better NBA prospect. I am glad to have both as Hoosiers. But there absolute is an argument for who is better right now. Imo X can guard point guards at twice the level of JHS currently.

If NBA draft position is the only indicator of who is better then JHS was also better than TJD last year????
It usually takes one summer or time off from an injury for IU fans to have revisionist history on players and their skill sets. I don’t participate, and many have problems with that.

X has improved as a player at IU and he had a nice stretch in B1G tournament two seasons ago. With that said, he was showing signs of slipping back into his old ways during three of the most embarrassing blowout losses for IU in recent memory, then he got hurt. The idea that he’s some all B1G level defender has been slowly cooked up by this board. It’s imaginary until it happens.

X is 25 or 24 years old and you’re trying to compare him to a player at the same position who could easily be the starting PG for the Los Angeles Lakers a year out of college. That’s just silly.

The End.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Always look forward to these August pep rallies. Lots of goofy proclamations. Woody is sufficient enoughto lead the program. His staff has some guys, however, that are mediocre at best and limit the program.
With the addition of Oregon and UCLA, this drops IU another 2 slots down the pecking order in the Big 18.

It usually takes one summer or time off from an injury for IU fans to have revisionist history on players and their skill sets. I don’t participate, and many have problems with that.

X has improved as a player at IU and he had a nice stretch in B1G tournament two seasons ago. With that said, he was showing signs of slipping back into his old ways during three of the most embarrassing blowout losses for IU in recent memory, then he got hurt. The idea that he’s some all B1G level defender has been slowly cooked up by this board. It’s imaginary until it happens.

X is 25 or 24 years old and you’re trying to compare him to a player at the same position who could easily be the starting PG for the Los Angeles Lakers a year out of college. That’s just silly.

The End.
The end for you sure. Close mindedness is what it is. I rewatched several games from 2 seasons ago last week. JHS is a supremely talented player and I concur a year or two from now could be an NBA starter. And 3-5 years from now could be an all star. I still believe that X will be a better pg for us next year than JHS was this year. And don’t take my word for it. Who was our starting pg before X got hurt? I love both players and won’t bash either one.

The end for you sure. Close mindedness is what it is. I rewatched several games from 2 seasons ago last week. JHS is a supremely talented player and I concur a year or two from now could be an NBA starter. And 3-5 years from now could be an all star. I still believe that X will be a better pg for us next year than JHS was this year. And don’t take my word for it. Who was our starting pg before X got hurt? I love both players and won’t bash either one.
You write like you’re 12, so your sentiments make sense. No bashing, just reality.

Go find a safe space junior, everything will be ok. If not call your mommy.

X is physically strong and can finish thru contact. I feel pretty good about things when he is on the FT line late in games. His outside shot is a little funky but I'll take it if he can shoot 38-40 pct from 3. He's got to quit letting bad calls get into his head or an opponent get under his skin. He was always on the verge, it seemed, of a melt down. Not sure another year is going to cure that. Maybe if he was 18, but not at 24 or 25. Hopefully Cupps can be good enough to keep the pressure on X to behave.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
X is physically strong and can finish thru contact. I feel pretty good about things when he is on the FT line late in games. His outside shot is a little funky but I'll take it if he can shoot 38-40 pct from 3. He's got to quit letting bad calls get into his head or an opponent get under his skin. He was always on the verge, it seemed, of a melt down. Not sure another year is going to cure that. Maybe if he was 18, but not at 24 or 25. Hopefully Cupps can be good enough to keep the pressure on X to behave.
X shooting 40% from 3? Why not 50 or 60%?

LMAO

You write like you’re 12, so your sentiments make sense. No bashing, just reality.

Go find a safe space junior, everything will be ok. If not call your mommy.
Yeah don’t really care how I write using my phone on a sports forum. I don’t measure my success or failure based on what happens here haha.

I am nearly 50, former military, father of 3, husband to the love of my life, heading a team of 20 engineers currently working 4 multi million dollar contracts for the USAF. Nothing you could ever say would cause me to do anything but chuckle.

Always look forward to these August pep rallies. Lots of goofy proclamations. Woody is sufficient enoughto lead the program. His staff has some guys, however, that are mediocre at best and limit the program.
With the addition of Oregon and UCLA, this drops IU another 2 slots down the pecking order in the Big 18.

Always look forward to and your amazingly consistent negative outlooks. Lots of goofy predictions.

🤦‍♂️

On a per 40 basis X was only a point behind, a TO worse and 3 assists better than JHS. With better defense. X played 11 games last year and only 25 mpg. Once Big started X would have likely played 35 mpg. Look at his full year stats from the season before.

And kinda odd that the player you call selfish averaged 3 more assists per 40 minutes than the unselfish player? For the record I don’t think either are selfish but X has better vision and passing at this point in both their careers.
Agree to disagree on these two guys. I think JHs is the better player. And X selfishness is more to how he plays and makes dumb mistakes vs assist.

Uh, did you mean to post that Oregon and UCLA push IU hoops down two rungs in the new BIGGEST?

Per Trilly Donovan, supposedly a good source, Guard Ques Glover entered the portal I believe from BYU. 6:1 and can play point or shooting guard. It could very well be between Illinois and us.

Per Trilly Donovan, supposedly a good source, Guard Ques Glover entered the portal I believe from BYU. 6:1 and can play point or shooting guard. It could very well be between Illinois and us.
I dunno if we will reach out, but I hope we do. Trilly I think was just saying it makes sense for IN in this article.

It’s amazing to me (shows how much I know) that these guys are still allowed to enter portal. Unless head coach is removed for some reason, don’t see how they can enter 2nd week in August

It’s amazing to me (shows how much I know) that these guys are still allowed to enter portal. Unless head coach is removed for some reason, don’t see how they can enter 2nd week in August
Grad transfers aren't limited to the undergrad deadline date.

I dunno if we will reach out, but I hope we do. Trilly I think was just saying it makes sense for IN in this article.
"Discrepancies with his NIL package"

Wait until Miami's NIL program falls apart. Ruiz is being investigated by the feds and LifeWallet is trading under at under 25 cents/share. Hope Pack got his $$ up front and the car is in his name.

It’s been posted lots on here that Tamar is NBA bound. Can’t remember who said it but they are very close to the IU program and IU players.
The 100th time this gets brought up it will be funny, I promise.

"Discrepancies with his NIL package"

Wait until Miami's NIL program falls apart. Ruiz is being investigated by the feds and LifeWallet is trading under at under 25 cents/share. Hope Pack got his $$ up front and the car is in his name.
That is one thing with IU, our NIL isn't going anywhere. There are a lot of people that are willing to donate to collectives. It is pretty amazing that the peegs crowd actually donates 100s of thousands of dollars to the clowns. That boggles my mind to this day.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I think he will start for mizzu. I would love to have him on our team this year, but he wanted to be the star. Didn’t fit for IU. Could still be good. We will see this year.
Any plan for another hot wings event? That has potential.

Any plan for another hot wings event? That has potential.
No. I was worried about legalities as I was the first one to pay many of the IU players for NIL. Had to get things on paper and make content was what I was told by my lawyers.

We have came a long way in 2 years. Million for a smile and a picture is fine today.

Reactions: kkott
No. I was worried about legalities as I was the first one to pay many of the IU players for NIL. Had to get things on paper and make content was what I was told by my lawyers.

We have came a long way in 2 years. Million for a smile and a picture is fine today.
Do need to cover yourself on paper.

BTW, you need to rethink going to Atlanta. Good opponent and lots of Hoosier fans; it will be a good time!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
You say you are a realist not a pessimist so let's go to google.

Realist

a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.

Pessimist

a person who tends to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen.

For you, I will go with the latter and I would bet most on here would agree.
Most people on this board:

op·ti·mist
  1. a person who tends to be hopeful and confident about the future or the success of something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT