ADVERTISEMENT

How about a tip of the cap to Mr. Ware.

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
It's a new day in college basketball.

Mr. Ware will be with us but a single season.

How nice it has been for this fan to watch him blossom.

I've only "seen" one post-game interview with the young man. He was polite. He had a "team" mindset and demeanor about him. He just represented himself, his family, his team and university well. He did in fact strike me as a "humble beast" (as one of his tattoos appears to read).

In a different day*, where a young man would spend three or four years in the program...I could see him as one of the "Hoosiers of lore"...the names we bring up all the time as representing our school/program and being a real 'great' among all the great talent we've seen on this campus.

*I remember seeing Calbert play his first game...I looked over at my dad and said "we get to watch him for four years!"...we don't get to do that with Mr. Ware.

Ware is one of the few bright spots in a largely dark and cloudy season.

I wish he had been here for a better IU team. But I appreciate his impact on this one, none the less.

And, I do think Woody deserves credit as well for Ware's season.

Ware is one of the few bright spots in a largely dark and cloudy season.

I wish he had been here for a better IU team. But I appreciate his impact on this one, none the less.

And, I do think Woody deserves credit as well for Ware's season.

What do you think about Queen’s decision to go to Maryland as it relates to player development? TJD, MR, and Ware all greatly improved. Heck even Race probably maxed himself out. Could it mean Ware might stay?

What do you think about Queen’s decision to go to Maryland as it relates to player development? TJD, MR, and Ware all greatly improved. Heck even Race probably maxed himself out. Could it mean Ware might stay?
no, Ware is gone. he will be missed don't think we have ever had a similar player with his skill set.

I think he is projected top 20 now. He would be wise to go now. No reason to risk injury or a down year next year.

He is the Humble Beast. Glad we got to watch him for a season. He represented himself and the university very well. A Hoosier for life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT