ADVERTISEMENT

"So God made Trump."

I think that's part of it, particularly with respect to one far-right poster here (a guy very prone to meltdowns) who laughably calls himself objective and non-partisan.

But with respect to the big picture, the "everything equals everything" approach is a deliberate strategy employed by Team Trump - - firing away with false equivalencies and accusing others of the very misconduct/criminal activity that Trump has engaged in - - in an effort to numb people to Trump's bad acts and/or to normalize them. To some extent, it's working but hopefully not well enough to get him over the top in November. I still have faith that the American voters, collectively, are not that stupid.
It absolutely has worked. It’s a tactic employed by despots and dictators around the globe past present and future. It has proven to be effective. l’ve watched outrageous claims slung by Trump and Co which turned out to be basically an admission of guilt. But it didn’t matter because the cult either refused to believe it, didn’t care, or claimed both sides are guilty of it.

Another thing that is out of control that really reared its ugly head in the run up to 2016 was the mass flood of bots on social media used as subversion. They take both sides of an argument and ramp it to the extreme while the ill informed users of the sites latch on to the arguments and regurgitate the polarized view points. It’s not an organic discussion, it’s a subversive tactic employed so people with diffferent view points end up becoming boxed into war-ing beliefs.

Are politicians not citizens with religious freedom protections? If their beliefs are informed by religion and their constituents vote for them knowing as much, I don’t see a problem.

The whole discussion is pretty meaningless as even the most religious politicians almost uniformly make secular arguments for their positions.

Challenge: Give a position you believe Pence or Johnson are taking on solely religious grounds and I’ll find you an example of them making a secular argument for the same position.

Your invocation of the scientific method is…… puzzling to say the least. These aren’t scientists attempting to find truth through experimentation. They’re extensions of their constituents put in place to do their bidding.
The problem is that he counts conservative christians and evangelicals as part of his base...both would be offended by this silly narrative of his.

Grew up Methodist but don't follow any religion now.

I think church has some positive teachings but don't buy into any church holding the keys to Heaven or that they are a requirement for being a good person. I think many people (not all) just use their religion as an avenue to pretend they are better than other people (judge others) or as a business money making venture (aggressive donation/tithing requests).

In other words, there are good and bad religious people just like there are good and bad non-religious people.
That is fair. One thing I always point out when we take the Lords Supper is that the Supper is there to reminds us of what Christ did on the Cross for us. He paid our sin debt. This fact is very humbling and helps us to not become Christian snobs. Believe me I have seen a lot in 22 yrs of pastoral ministry. I have seen the authentic folks with truly love God and others and those who have a very high opinion of themselves. Now I love them all, but some are more of a joy than others.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Are politicians not citizens with religious freedom protections? If their beliefs are informed by religion and their constituents vote for them knowing as much, I don’t see a problem.

The whole discussion is pretty meaningless as even the most religious politicians almost uniformly make secular arguments for their positions.

Challenge: Give a position you believe Pence or Johnson are taking on solely religious grounds and I’ll find you an example of them making a secular argument for the same position.

Your invocation of the scientific method is…… puzzling to say the least. These aren’t scientists attempting to find truth through experimentation. They’re extensions of their constituents put in place to do their bidding.
An example I would give is abortion. From a biblical point of view life starts at conception. The baby is supposed to be safe in the womb. John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit in the womb. David says in Psalm 139 that he was knit in his mother's womb. So you could make the religious argument. Then you could also look at scientific data. If you test the blood type of the child in the womb it could be different than the mothers. The sex of the baby might be different than the mothers. The dna is different. There is brain waves and a heart beat. You start thinking scientfically and figure out that this is a living being. If you look at the saline solution abortions you see the baby in the womb recoil because he or she is being burned. Again it is scientific.

Reactions: DANC

What secular arguments are made to the push of 'studying the bible' as part of the federal curriculum? Are you saying he wants the bible taught in school as a fascination? Yeah no, he and others want bible study in schools.

What secular arguments are made to the push of mandatory prayer in school? We've tried the 'time for prayer and reflection' before so I'm pretty sure he wants teachers leading classes off or the day off with mandatory Christian prayer.

How do you make a secular argument on the desire to strip away basic rights from those who aren't 'in the club' so to speak (which I'm guessing is what you wanted me to bring up.....gay stuff)? Obviously everyone knows the Bible isn't cool with therefore these people shouldn't have rights like other Christians should. Amirite?

I don't remember Romney pressing any kind of federal polygamy law because part of getting into the highest plane of Mormon heaven is to have a bunch of kids....so you need multiple wives to maximize your loads and so it would greatly help everyone, even those who don't believe.

Nor do I remember him trying to take away rights from any non white skinned person because they are true descendants of Cain and became Lamanites, who lost a great battle against the pure whites and therefore were cursed with dark skin forever (granted I think the LDS or most of them adjusted this core belief in the 70's).

No he simply kept his Mormon faith separate from how he politicked in public.

Johnson and Pence completely cloak themselves in their religion.

Johnson stated on Hannity "Someone asked me today in the media, 'People are curious, what does Mike Johnson think about any issue under the sun?' I said, 'Well, go pick up a Bible off your shelf and read it. That's my worldview."

That's a literal example of a religious zealot.

He also stated that we have the separation of church and state backwards...we protect the church from the government, we don't protect the government from the church.

So yeah, he and others are crystal clear on their crusade to blend that line.

Which should be loudly pointed out imo.

I'm making fun of idiots who say this unleashed on the world.
Lol you’re an idiot. You have no idea of what happened. Inspectors were denied timely access thereby allowing for sanitizing and spoliation.

And you’re making fun isn’t funny. You’re not funny.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
What secular arguments are made to the push of 'studying the bible' as part of the federal curriculum? Are you saying he wants the bible taught in school as a fascination? Yeah no, he and others want bible study in schools.

What secular arguments are made to the push of mandatory prayer in school? We've tried the 'time for prayer and reflection' before so I'm pretty sure he wants teachers leading classes off or the day off with mandatory Christian prayer.

How do you make a secular argument on the desire to strip away basic rights from those who aren't 'in the club' so to speak (which I'm guessing is what you wanted me to bring up.....gay stuff)? Obviously everyone knows the Bible isn't cool with therefore these people shouldn't have rights like other Christians should. Amirite?

I don't remember Romney pressing any kind of federal polygamy law because part of getting into the highest plane of Mormon heaven is to have a bunch of kids....so you need multiple wives to maximize your loads and so it would greatly help everyone, even those who don't believe.

Nor do I remember him trying to take away rights from any non white skinned person because they are true descendants of Cain and became Lamanites, who lost a great battle against the pure whites and therefore were cursed with dark skin forever (granted I think the LDS or most of them adjusted this core belief in the 70's).

No he simply kept his Mormon faith separate from how he politicked in public.

Johnson and Pence completely cloak themselves in their religion.

Johnson stated on Hannity "Someone asked me today in the media, 'People are curious, what does Mike Johnson think about any issue under the sun?' I said, 'Well, go pick up a Bible off your shelf and read it. That's my worldview."

That's a literal example of a religious zealot.

He also stated that we have the separation of church and state backwards...we protect the church from the government, we don't protect the government from the church.

So yeah, he and others are crystal clear on their crusade to blend that line.

Which should be loudly pointed out imo.
Do you have any links showing either of these guys defending mandatory prayer and bible study in public schools?

The rest of your post is just anti-Christian bigotry. I don’t engage that kind of hate.

Do you have any links showing either of these guys defending mandatory prayer and bible study in public schools?

The rest of your post is just anti-Christian bigotry. I don’t engage that kind of hate.
Is that similar to anti-LBGT bigotry?

There were quite a few people back in the day that about pledge of allegiance being taken out of public schools which had reference to God

There were quite a few people back in the day that about pledge of allegiance being taken out of public schools which had reference to God
The pledge is a showing of national pride. It was never the “under god” part that truly upset the Marxists.

No one was/is forced to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

"And on June 14th, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker.’ So God gave us Trump. God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, fix this country, work all day, fight the Marxist, eat supper then go to the Oval Office and stay past midnight and a meeting of the heads of state.’ So God made Trump."

Wow.

It is simply mindboggling to me that, in 2023, we have millions in America who cling to such puerile, silly fantasies.

At least it's coming from a place of love, right?!

lol

****ing crazy.....
I'm going to post this here, not because I feel the video is especially striking, (although it could be). Rather I'm posting it because they've somehow managed to retain the services of the same narrator of the God made Trump video. Either that, or someone who sounds remarkably similar...

I'm going to post this here, not because I feel the video is especially striking, (although it could be). Rather I'm posting it because they've somehow managed to retain the services of the same narrator of the God made Trump video. Either that, or someone who sounds remarkably similar...

Jesus Christ you're out of touch.

Further example that the left can't meme.

Team Trump trolls the NPC left, they fall for the bait, and attempt this serious "response video" as some sort of retaliation. :D

You combine the lameness of the Biden campaign, with the fact that the left can't meme, AND they don't have Twitter in their pockets, they're gonna get crushed when Dilley turns the focus to Biden...

I heard something in the last day or two that said this is in line with the idea that they'd get rid of natural born citizenship for children of refugees/immigrants. Supposedly a second Trump administration would push that pretty hard.

giphy.gif

You combine the lameness of the Biden campaign, with the fact that the left can't meme, AND they don't have Twitter in their pockets, they're gonna get crushed when Dilley turns the focus to Biden...

Wait, you think these are clever? The right wouldn’t know humor if it kicked them in the a$$. Hence the severe lack of right wing comedians, and please spare me the few you can think of that you think are funny.

Last edited:
I heard something in the last day or two that said this is in line with the idea that they'd get rid of natural born citizenship for children of refugees/immigrants. Supposedly a second Trump administration would push that pretty hard.
So does that mean Melania gets deported? Oh that’s right, she got an Einstein visa. Lol

Reactions: Bill4411
So does that mean Melania gets deported? Oh that’s right, she got an Einstein visa. Lol
If she ever leaves Trump, I think there is a 100% chance that her citizenship would be one of many things he would rant about on social media.

• Haha
Wait, you think these are clever? The right wouldn’t know humor if it kicked them in the a$$. Hence the severe lack of right wing comedians, and please spare me the few you can think of that you think are funny.
Any comedian who would allow designate themselves or allow themselves to be designated as a “left” or “right” wing comedian is pretty surely terrible.

Funny doesn’t come with a political ideology.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Any comedian who would allow designate themselves or allow themselves to be designated as a “left” or “right” wing comedian is pretty surely terrible.

Funny doesn’t come with a political ideology.
Um they don’t have to designate, you just have to listen. And no that doesn’t make them pretty terrible . John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert…. All terrible?

Um they don’t have to designate, you just have to listen. And no that doesn’t make them pretty terrible . John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert…. All terrible?
Yes. Their shows in their current iteration are all extremely terrible.

Yes. Their shows in their current iteration are all extremely terrible.
Or perhaps it’s you that has a terrible sense of humor? There’s probably a reason they have Emmy Award winning shows. Oh forgot Trevor Noah. Awful too. lol

• Haha
Or perhaps it’s you that has a terrible sense of humor? There’s probably a reason they have Emmy Award winning shows. Oh forgot Trevor Noah. Awful too. lol
The problem with that format of show that Stewart pioneered is that it becomes extremely stale after a while, and it’s pretty easy to play a clip of someone saying something dumb and then make a snide comment or silly face.

None of them are talented or creative enough to evolve into something new, as evidenced by the fact that they’re all still doing the same formulaic shit.

Last edited:
Please stop citing award shows like it’s the 1990’s.

God how pathetic to put stock in such trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT