ADVERTISEMENT

"So God made Trump."

UTFO

Hall of Famer
Feb 2, 2004
"And on June 14th, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker.’ So God gave us Trump. God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, fix this country, work all day, fight the Marxist, eat supper then go to the Oval Office and stay past midnight and a meeting of the heads of state.’ So God made Trump."

Wow.

It is simply mindboggling to me that, in 2023, we have millions in America who cling to such puerile, silly fantasies.

At least it's coming from a place of love, right?!

lol

****ing crazy.....

"And on June 14th, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker.’ So God gave us Trump. God said, ‘I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, fix this country, work all day, fight the Marxist, eat supper then go to the Oval Office and stay past midnight and a meeting of the heads of state.’ So God made Trump."

Wow.

It is simply mindboggling to me that, in 2023, we have millions in America who cling to such puerile, silly fantasies.

lol

****ing crazy.....
Who wrote that Roger Stone?

• Love
Reactions: Bowlmania

Wow.

lol

****ing crazy.....
This is your party yet you'll still keep voting Democrat every election no matter how much death, destruction, and chaos it brings to you, your family, and the country. Don't ever lecture me about cults or fantasies.

Wow.

lol

****ing crazy.....

I am absolutely puzzled about how that doesn't offend most Evangelicals. I may disagree with Pence on virtually everything, but I have no doubt he has a strong faith. Trump, one who has never had faith and posted this on his Truth social media, is seen as holy and Pence is hated.

In addition, anyone claiming to be on a mission from God (short of the Blues Brothers) is scary.

I am absolutely puzzled about how that doesn't offend most Evangelicals. I may disagree with Pence on virtually everything, but I have no doubt he has a strong faith. Trump, one who has never had faith and posted this on his Truth social media, is seen as holy and Pence is hated.

In addition, anyone claiming to be on a mission from God (short of the Blues Brothers) is scary.
The good news is that Trump doesn't believe it either, at least I hope he doesn't.

In addition, anyone claiming to be on a mission from God (short of the Blues Brothers) is scary
I agree with you. They commit unspeakable atrocities like raping women to death and then blame the victims for their miserable lot in life. They’ve managed through mass social media manipulation to foment riots and marches in support on college campuses and streets of tge US. They even captured the minds of the presidents of prestigious universities and millions of members of the Democratic Party.

Wow.

lol

****ing crazy.....
You don’t understand this whole manipulation and persuasion thing do you. This stupid thread and that stupid thread about Trump’s Christmas message tells me that Trump is a very effective communicator with his voters.

You don’t understand this whole manipulation and persuasion thing do you. This stupid thread and that stupid thread about Trump’s Christmas message tells me that Trump is a very effective communicator with his voters.
His voters, people who think he is Messiah Part II? I don't doubt he is effective in talking to such people. Why people have such a belief is a better question.

Someone like Trump was inevitable.

Up until about 1972 party bosses pretty much chose the candidates for president at national conventions. Primaries and candidates with little or no political office experience took a backseat to nominating a candidate with military or political experience whom the party bosses could trust.

After 1972 primaries under the banner of being more democratic replaced national conventions as the prime process in nominating candidates. Candidates, however, were almost entirely those with political experience.

Then along came Trump in 2016 and what in my view was inevitable. Inevitable as why couldn't a candidate with no political experience but with charisma and a convincing agenda become president.

The question now before us is whether a person such as Trump can be reelected. IMO the answer is a definite yes. Trump may not be the best example of someone who can be an effective president with little or no political office or military experience, but he won't be the last.

His voters, people who think he is Messiah Part II? I don't doubt he is effective in talking to such people. Why people have such a belief is a better question.
There are significant numbers on both sides who genuinely dislike each other. Attacks on the woke cult. Attacks on the maga cult. Animus motivates and trump’s f u attitude resonates in keeping.

Let me ask you something. I joined the board in the 90s. And I read this stuff but for many, many years didn’t. Was there fighting on the board then like there is today? And I know buzz prevented much but generally?

It just seems like the country has two groups who view things very differently

Someone like Trump was inevitable.

Up until about 1972 party bosses pretty much chose the candidates for president at national conventions. Primaries and candidates with little or no political office experience took a backseat to nominating a candidate with military or political experience whom the party bosses could trust.

After 1972 primaries under the banner of being more democratic replaced national conventions as the prime process in nominating candidates. Candidates, however, were almost entirely those with political experience.

Then along came Trump in 2016 and what in my view was inevitable. Inevitable as why couldn't a candidate with no political experience but with charisma and a convincing agenda become president.

The question now before us is whether a person such as Trump can be reelected. IMO the answer is a definite yes. Trump may not be the best example of someone who can be an effective president with little or no political office or military experience, but he won't be the last.
I think someone like Trump is inevitable. As big government, big tech, big media,, big business, and big education come together with a single dominant and forceful political message, the country screams for an antidote. That’s Trump.

I agree with you. They commit unspeakable atrocities like raping women to death and then blame the victims for their miserable lot in life. They’ve managed through mass social media manipulation to foment riots and marches in support on college campuses and streets of tge US. They even captured the minds of the presidents of prestigious universities and millions of members of the Democratic Party.
Wtf? Stream of Consciousness Day?

"I love the poorly educated."

I agree with you.
I know you hate getting advice but this is a good example of why you so easily piss people off here. That might be a good rhetorical strategy for talking to rubes, but most of us just find it disrespectful. You don't agree with Marvin. You just used his point to change the target to your preferred enemies.

The only people who speak in terms of cult and Messiah part II are those who despise Trump and his voters. Trump is not a person in politics, Trump is a bundle of ideas in a person. He is very good at getting that across. Get past the God stuff in the OP and look at what he said. .

I know you hate getting advice but this is a good example of why you so easily piss people off here. That might be a good rhetorical strategy for talking to rubes, but most of us just find it disrespectful. You don't agree with Marvin. You just used his point to change the target to your preferred enemies.
He's the Wizard of Whatabouts.

The only people who speak in terms of cult and Messiah part II are those who despise Trump and his voters. Trump is not a person in politics, Trump is a bundle of ideas in a person. He is very good at getting that across. Get past the God stuff in the OP and look at what he said. .
Well said on ideas as the adherents of same will continue long past trump. Unfortunately I don’t think many of his ideas are feasible re jobs etc. just can’t turn back the clock

Lol. You are beginning to understand. Don’t blame me. Blame marv for a sloppy argument. He wanted to take a shot at religious fanaticism and screwed it up.

Reactions: jet812
Well said on ideas as the adherents of same will continue long past trump. Unfortunately I don’t think many of his ideas are feasible re jobs etc. just can’t turn back the clock
You are kinda right. But it is impossible to debate Trump ideas because people are too focused on how he states them. I don’t think Trump has the temperament to be President and he is getting worse. But I agree with most of what he has done and what he would like to do.

Two examples ;

I think Continuing Trumps Iran policy would have prevented the ME turmoil and human slaughter of the last few months.

Trump canned DEI as soon as it came up in the government. Biden stubbornly sticks to it while DEI is being kicked to the curb most other places. Trump was right about that too.

The only people who speak in terms of cult and Messiah part II are those who despise Trump and his voters
Trump shares, on his social media platform, a loony fan-made video suggesting that Trump was divinely appointed to lead the country, and your spin is that cult-like worship and perceptions of Trump as a messianic figure are fictions conjured up by Trump opponents? In what alternate universe do you reside?

There are significant numbers on both sides who genuinely dislike each other. Attacks on the woke cult. Attacks on the maga cult. Animus motivates and trump’s f u attitude resonates in keeping.

Let me ask you something. I joined the board in the 90s. And I read this stuff but for many, many years didn’t. Was there fighting on the board then like there is today? And I know buzz prevented much but generally?

Remember though, one of the groups likes to tout themselves as tolerant & accepting while painting the other as racist & bigoted. This thread has some of them showing their true colors…

Trump canned DEI as soon as it came up in the government. Biden stubbornly sticks to it while DEI is being kicked to the curb most other places. Trump was right about that too.
You can't possibly be this dense.

Are you familiar with Title VII, its amendments and progeny? Do you not understand that DEI awareness (enhanced by training) facilitates compliance with the law?

Kicked to the curb most places? Lol. It remains lawful (and wise) for employers to implement and continue DEI programs that seek to ensure workers of all backgrounds are afforded equal opportunity in the workplace.

MM66, IMO you are right about two groups viewing themselves differently.

My question is whether the groups paint each other accurately, or do their narratives exaggerate their differences.

The worst part being they forget what views they share in common.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Remember though, one of the groups likes to tout themselves as tolerant & accepting while painting the other as racist & bigoted. This thread has some of them showing their true colors…
Yep suckers in both parties.
Absolutely incredible you guys aren't even capable of drawing the line at idolatry.

Absolutely incredible you guys aren't even capable of drawing the line at idolatry.
I’m an atheist & don’t need to draw a line. My post is just pointing out the bigotry & intolerance of some folks who claim “the high ground” on tolerance & acceptance…

You can't possibly be this dense.

Are you familiar with Title VII, its amendments and progeny? Do you not understand that DEI awareness (enhanced by training) facilitates compliance with the law?

Kicked to the curb most places? Lol. It remains lawful (and wise) for employers to implement and continue DEI programs that seek to ensure workers of all backgrounds are afforded equal opportunity in the workplace.
We already have laws, policies, & required reporting on EO employment. DEI is an unnecessary, made up scam for grifters to make up jobs & take money from programs that could benefit everyone.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
We already have laws, policies, & required reporting on EO employment. DEI is an unnecessary, made up scam for grifters to make up jobs & take money from programs that could benefit everyone.

It's best not to weigh in on topics that you clearly know nothing about.

• Love
Reactions: cosmickid
I doubt many Democrats think he's on a mission from God.

giphy.gif

Wow.

lol

****ing crazy.....
God made syphillis, leprosy and cholera, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT