ADVERTISEMENT

"So God made Trump."

How could you possibly know that Biden is a "devout Catholic"?

He is a politician...he panders for a living. Going to church, crossing yourself in front of cameras and talking about faith may or may not indicate his devotion to his faith. No one here has any idea.

There are a lot of CISCO (Catholics in Sign of the Cross Only) out there.
And there are numerous Christians In Name Only here.

Reactions: Bill4411
What religion do you pretend to follow? I thought about becoming a snake handler but I heard it sucks.

Was that supposed to be an insult?

I would think pastors would at least try to lead by example. I guess you start your sermons with "do as i say, not as I do" lol

He is a politician...he panders for a living. Going to church, crossing yourself in front of cameras and talking about faith may or may not indicate his devotion to his faith. No one here has any idea.

I think the burden of proof should be on the people saying he isn't.

I don't vote for people based on their religion or lack thereof anyway.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Yadda yadda woke something something wokitty woke woke blah blah woke cult yadda yadda wokeness something something the squad blah blah woke!
It's the "everything equals everything" nonsense that many here seem to embrace and promote.

A cult is defined as great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement or work. Under that broad definition, almost any organized activity or gathering could be classified as a cult - - - any religious denomination, a crossfit club, membership at Costco, fans of a classic movie, cheeseheads at a Packers game, Comic-Con attendees. The term is so general it doesn't mean anything.

Cults of personality, though, are very distinct and readily identifiable, and we currently have a powerful one in national politics like none of us has ever seen before. We know from history that powerful cults of personality are often a precursor to an authoritarian/autocratic/totalitarian government.

The cult leader's party doesn't even bother with a platform anymore - - whatever the leader says, does, and wants is fine with them. The fact that millions don't recognize the danger that this presages, or simply don't give a shit, is astonishing.

It's the "everything equals everything" nonsense that many here seem to embrace and promote.
In their minds it makes them look moderate/reasonable. It actually makes them look weak. “Jeepers, if I say something bad about X, I have to say something bad about Y, or people might call me partisan!”

Oh, the f*****g horror.

Reactions: UncleMark
In their minds it makes them look moderate/reasonable. It actually makes them look weak. “Jeepers, if I say something bad about X, I have to say something bad about Y, or people might call me partisan!”

Oh, the f*****g horror.
I think that's part of it, particularly with respect to one far-right poster here (a guy very prone to meltdowns) who laughably calls himself objective and non-partisan.

But with respect to the big picture, the "everything equals everything" approach is a deliberate strategy employed by Team Trump - - firing away with false equivalencies and accusing others of the very misconduct/criminal activity that Trump has engaged in - - in an effort to numb people to Trump's bad acts and/or to normalize them. To some extent, it's working but hopefully not well enough to get him over the top in November. I still have faith that the American voters, collectively, are not that stupid.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I think that's part of it, particularly with respect to one far-right poster here (a guy very prone to meltdowns) who laughably calls himself objective and non-partisan.

But with respect to the big picture, the "everything equals everything" approach is a deliberate strategy employed by Team Trump - - firing away with false equivalencies and accusing others of the very misconduct/criminal activity that Trump has engaged in - - in an effort to numb people to Trump's bad acts and/or to normalize them. To some extent, it's working but hopefully not well enough to get him over the top in November. I still have faith that the American voters, collectively, are not that stupid.
It's been like that since the beginning of his first campaign.

Questions were raised about his health, and boom, immediately Hillary is hiding a serious illness. He was accused of corruption in Ukraine, and boom, immediately the Obama administration is corruptly engaging the Ukrainian government. He was accused of ties to Epstein, and boom, immediately Biden is a hair-sniffing pedophile. Questions were raised about his mental capabilities, and boom, immediately Biden is a demented old man. And on and on and on. Anything that is thrown at him is immediately deflected at someone else, and his sycophants just lap it up.

Still believe in Santa, too?

Still believe in Santa, too?

believe the polar express GIF

I like how when they criticize Biden (really any democrat) they almost always start it with “now, look, I don’t care what side of the aisle you’re on…”, like we’re at least as dumb as they are.

Going by what people who have known him his entire laugh say. That’s a lot of pandering to attend services and talk about your faith your entire life. Whether he’s just talking… no one knows what’s in his heart. But if he’s faking, he’s pretty good at it.

Biden plays Christian like many politicians.
And what do you play? Pretty judgmental. I’ll give Trump one thing. He doesn’t even pretend. Except when he lets the evangelicals lay hands on him, as he makes fun of them.

Jesus. 😄

Kinda like when the "Russian intervention" resulted in a Trump win.

Typical sensationalism BS that the socially rejected, because of their lifetime of failure, deem as some sort of rallying justification for their unproductive, and usually childless, existence.

Can a man please explain it to her? Watching the game.
Oh God. Yeah exactly what I need. A MAN to explain it to me. Obviously you didn’t, so are you not MAN enough? lol. I was watching the game too. Why I didn’t come back to read more of your nonsense until today. Cuckoo

That doesn’t mean that they have practiced or promote it like the Democratic Party, including Joe does. And yes, funding it, etc is promoting it. The church’s stance on it is clear.
Oh good to know. What religion exactly do you follow every single aspect of? Tell me so I can look up and find some you do not believe in. It’s pretty easy.

i cannot stand woke dems. just a miserable insidious infection on society
The woke dems you speak of only exist in the smooth soft spaces of your paranoid worm ridden brain.

My assessment is that it's a self preservation mechanism, where you create a fantasy equivalent to MAGA to protect your weak psyche and over inflated ego from admitting you were so gullible that you voted for a rapist kleptocrat twice. Instead of admitting you're a rube, you created a fantasy world where everyone is a rube.. it's a transparent and common ploy with cult members like yourself...

The woke dems you speak of only exist in the smooth soft spaces of your paranoid worm ridden brain.

My assessment is that it's a self preservation mechanism, where you create a fantasy equivalent to MAGA to protect your weak psyche and over inflated ego from admitting you were so gullible that you voted for a rapist kleptocrat twice. Instead of admitting you're a rube, you created a fantasy world where everyone is a rube.. it's a transparent and common ploy with cult members like yourself...
well there's a predictable trigger from a member of the woke cult. having a hard time raising money for your gender re-assignment? so angry today.

Reactions: DANC
Going by what people who have known him his entire laugh say. That’s a lot of pandering to attend services and talk about your faith your entire life. Whether he’s just talking… no one knows what’s in his heart. But if he’s faking, he’s pretty good at it.
As I said...

They are zealots because they constantly bring their faith to the forefront of their political decisions.

They've stated it strongly guides them in their decision making process. Johnson said it's his main consideration which should get called out.

These dudes have power that impacts us all and the only thing predictable and proven about religious based arguments is it will be inaccurate because it's based on emotion, hysterics and fables. It's been downright disastrous as a predictive model which is the elementary basis of the scientific method (does your theory predict the outcome?).

So you've got dudes admitting they make their political decisions based on their personal faith first, therefore making their beliefs everyone's business, which is simple proselytism.

No one gives a shit about someone's personal faith. The country was founded on the belief of religious liberty. That's currently not at any risk of being taken away.

The proselytism of politics should have everyone calling it out, not cheering it on.
Are politicians not citizens with religious freedom protections? If their beliefs are informed by religion and their constituents vote for them knowing as much, I don’t see a problem.

The whole discussion is pretty meaningless as even the most religious politicians almost uniformly make secular arguments for their positions.

Challenge: Give a position you believe Pence or Johnson are taking on solely religious grounds and I’ll find you an example of them making a secular argument for the same position.

Your invocation of the scientific method is…… puzzling to say the least. These aren’t scientists attempting to find truth through experimentation. They’re extensions of their constituents put in place to do their bidding.

Last edited:
I’m something tells me you don’t have a very good understanding of the Mueller report. Perhaps you should read it or have someone explain it to you?
The dream team has read nothing negative on Trump- they bury their heads in the sand, find Tucker on the X, and have zero idea that the US Senate Republican controlled confirmed Russia was working for Trump campaign in 2016 (did not prove Trump campaign collaborated) but why does Putin want Trump in power? Second not one member of the dream team has ever read Peter Navarro’s Green Bay Sweep- they prefer to focus only only on January 6 and not see the real constitutional crisis- thankfully many adults in the country do realize the concept that knowledge is power. Adults will pick the next president as always us moderates make an objective call and partisan sillies just kavetch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
Was that supposed to be an insult?

I would think pastors would at least try to lead by example. I guess you start your sermons with "do as i say, not as I do" lol
Don't people have senses of humor anymore? My comment was really funny if you just think about it. I would seriously be interested to find out what you believe though. So tell me what is your belief system. Of course you know mine is a biblical one.

And what do you play? Pretty judgmental. I’ll give Trump one thing. He doesn’t even pretend. Except when he lets the evangelicals lay hands on him, as he makes fun of them.
I don’t attend church. I don’t pretend anything. I believe in God and try to live my life as the bible teaches. At least how I understand it. I try to do good for people. I don’t push God on anyone.

Years ago when my accounting partner wanted to put a fish symbol on our company sign I said no. I told him my experience is someone that has to tell you they’re a Christian, you better assume they’re gonna screw you.

We had the most amazing paraprofessional that worked for us. Her name was Beth. I told my partner she was the most godly person I’ve ever known. Not once did she have to tell me she was a Christian. She’s fought cancer more than once and after all these years she’s the same amazing kind lady.

Don't people have senses of humor anymore? My comment was really funny if you just think about it. I would seriously be interested to find out what you believe though. So tell me what is your belief system. Of course you know mine is a biblical one.
Grew up Methodist but don't follow any religion now.

I think church has some positive teachings but don't buy into any church holding the keys to Heaven or that they are a requirement for being a good person. I think many people (not all) just use their religion as an avenue to pretend they are better than other people (judge others) or as a business money making venture (aggressive donation/tithing requests).

In other words, there are good and bad religious people just like there are good and bad non-religious people.

Trump can solve almost any problem. If only we could get Mr. Peabody to take the Wayback Machine to 1861 and take Trump with him:

Reactions: cosmickid
I thought it was a "dad joke", but didn't want to get in your way if there was some sort of hidden barb there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT