ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo about to be out of the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you played at IU doesnt mean we should like you. He didn’t reach his full potential because of effort in my opinion. That makes me dislike you as a player, a lot.
Effort? Clearly you know very little about the kid, his demeanor...I said this when he committed that his emotionless style would rub some wrong---And well...

He didn't reach his potential because dude played through injuries, i.e. thumb, wrist and his back.

Yet some on here wanna post shit like this---nevermind the kid averaged 16ppg. And played hurt. I mean he could have done what most 5*, lotto picks seemingly do when they get hurt---Shut it down. He did not.

absolute great kid who loved Indiana.

Do you remember when you use to call me Sean because you talked to “friends” in Bloomington about me, and found out who a message board poster was? That was always very cute, appreciate you taking such interest.

You must not have talked to them recently tho. See I just closed on a massive property in Greene county, about 30 minutes from the hall so I’ll still have season tickets and be courtside for the games don’t worry.

I am close to several large scale solar projects that I will be developing over the next 4 years. I got a huge promotion and raise because of it. No clue about young money tho!!!

Keep up geezer, doesn’t that dial up work???
Bragging about money and status on an open basketball forum tells me you're compensating for something. Hmm...

Bragging about money and status on an open basketball forum tells me you're compensating for something. Hmm...
Im not bragging, I'm stating why I have knowledge on this subject.

Deleting 90% of your posts tells me a ton about you.

t. I mean he could have done what most 5*, lotto picks seemingly do when they get hurt---Shut it down. He did not.

It is crazy how people just make shit up. Especially you, you were his biggest fan, I know. He literally sat out the NIT and shut it down....

It is crazy how people just make shit up. Especially you, you were his biggest fan, I know. He literally sat out the NIT and shut it down....
What the **** did I make up?

He had torn ligaments in his thumb...Back issue...wrsit issues. Anyone with a pulse knows this.

"Sat out the NIT, and shut it down...."----Really? what about the other 30 games he played in? WHile hurt? Those don't count? Sure lets chastise the kid for sitting out the ****ing NIT....

Are you trolling?

Seriously? The NIT?
I mean did he not shut it down? Is that not exactly what he did?? Same as Noah. Noah caught hell for doing so. I just dont understand why the pedestal for Romeo, when Noah and many many others got nowhere near the praise/worship.

No chance? He'll have gotten 8 million in NBA earnings. Probably another million overall from whatever endorsements he's done. I believe he had a New Era one at some point. I doubt that was for nothing.

Average male lives what, 75 years...so 50 ish more years. If he's relatively frugal, he might have spent half of it. 4-5 million, that's 75-100K a year for 50 years. If he were to invest even a million of that, he could probably have 150K ish a year for 40 years, then more than that a year for his twilight years.

And that's if he literally doesn't earn another penny. So it would be possible. However unlikely.

Since you and Bloom are just assuming he blew all that money...to make your point...I'm going to assume he invested 2 million bucks in early 2020 in Bitcoin...bought in at 10K, sold at 50K a year or so later. Reinvested that money in to the market right before Covid, and doubled it. So he's currently worth about 20 million bucks.

Or...he'll either get another NBA contract in the 2 million per range...or he'll parlay his NBA stint in to a good overseas career for the next 4-5 years where he makes 4-500K a year. He'll then come home and partner with some businessman in Southern Indiana and put his name on 8-10 car dealerships...making himself a passive 700K-1M a year off that. On top of that, he'll partner with some other people to start the Romeo Langford basketball academy. A Spiece like southern Indiana sports complex, that'll be more of a tax write off, but it'll be pretty big in Southern Indiana as well, and generate some decent cash every year. That window will be probably about 5 years after his playing days are over. So he'll have had 15 years or so since HS to figure out what he wants to do with his life. By then, he'll have played in the NBA, played overseas, owned a company, and started a kids bball program...All because he was a horrible shooter that got lucky and had coaches that just allowed him to keep shooting, and keep shooting.
I know the Langford family well...Very well grounded people. Romeo is not a glitz and glam dude. He's came out to the parks built in his name a few times.. No big entourage...Sure nice car. No big diamonds, necklaces, etc...Dude is built different. Its not what he's about---Nor his family. I would shocked if the kid was even remotely close to "broke". My experiences with his mom and dad tell me...Kid has put his $$ to work.

Reactions: brianiu
I mean did he not shut it down? Is that not exactly what he did?? Same as Noah. Noah caught hell for doing so. I just dont understand why the pedestal for Romeo, when Noah and many many others got nowhere near the praise/worship.
Exactly what did Vonleh catch hell for? He played in 30 of the 32 games; Starting 29. He played in the season finale vs Illinois, a loss in the BTT.

I do not recall him catching hell for missing 2 games out of 32...If he did?

Just as dumb as you giving Langford hell for sitting out the NIT.

EDIT----Shutting it down IMO is not missing two games in the NIT...Romeo could have shut it donw much, much earlier. He did not.

The shit this kid catches is beyond belief...

I know the Langford family well...Very well grounded people. Romeo is not a glitz and glam dude. He's came out to the parks built in his name a few times.. No big entourage...Sure nice car. No big diamonds, necklaces, etc...Dude is built different. Its not what he's about---Nor his family. I would shocked if the kid was even remotely close to "broke". My experiences with his mom and dad tell me...Kid has put his $$ to work.
Don't ruin these guys and their broad stereotypes with facts.

Even $6-8m working the right way can set someone up for a pretty good life. Not MJ or LeBron lifestyle, but better than 99.999 percent of this country. Kid seems low key and would fit what you are saying.

Exactly what did Vonleh catch hell for? He played in 30 of the 32 games; Starting 29. He played in the season finale vs Illinois, a loss in the BTT.

I do not recall him catching hell for missing 2 games out of 32...If he did?

Just as dumb as you giving Langford hell for sitting out the NIT.

EDIT----Shutting it down IMO is not missing two games in the NIT...Romeo could have shut it donw much, much earlier. He did not.

The shit this kid catches is beyond belief...
What has he caught? Me saying he doesn't have a great work ethic and didn't play up to his potential? That is 100% the narrative for him now. Every Celtics fan will tell you that.

Just stating the overwhelming majority opinion of him. He has underachieved wildly since HS. is what it is.

What has he caught? Me saying he doesn't have a great work ethic and didn't play up to his potential? That is 100% the narrative for him now. Every Celtics fan will tell you that.

Just stating the overwhelming majority opinion of him. He has underachieved wildly since HS. is what it is.
Saying he doesn't have a great work ethic is disingenious...And thats putting it mildly. He was constantly spoken highly of from his temmates about how hard he went---even when hurt. The kid just didn't have the glamour people wanted to see---or expected to see. Soft spoken kid...rarely showed emotion, etc...But as Jim Shannon once said---"You don't think the kid is playing had---Ok----go guard him then..."

Ever consider he didn't reach his potential due to being hurt? Or does that reasoning only work for players we like?

He led the Big10 in scoring for freshman....3rd highest average EVER at Indiana for a freshman... Second on the team in rebounding....3rd in assist....As a FRESHMAN.

Big10 2nd team...All Big10 freshman team.

I mean, what the fuk were your expectations?

Noah shut it down during the season, not during a nothing tourney. Big difference. No one is putting Romeo on a pedestal. People are giving you grief from seeming to take pleasure in any setback he has.

To make the tourney and shoot over 27% from three. He is a bad shooter, hurt or not. Was he hurt the last 4 years in the NBA too? is that why he is a career 28% 3P% shooter?
Could be....I dunno.

He shot very well in HS, up until he injured his wrist vs Priceton(OH). Reinured the wrist, put off surgery so he could start on time with IU---But I am sure you knew all this....Then hurt his thumb....And he battled back issues since his junior year at NA---dealt with it---played through it. Caught up with him at Indiana...So its possible all the inuries, playing through those injuries, have had a much bigger, long term impact? Possible? Like ya know, with a kid named Bailey?

Making the tourney all on him? That team won 17 games---without him, they might have won 10. maybe Green could have been better? Or Morgan? De'Ron could have lived up to his Top 40 status? Maybe Smith could have been better? That team had 3, Top 100 kids----thats it. RL #4, Davis #40 and Smith at #87. Its not like he was on a senior laden, talent rich team....Not to mention, Miller and that shit he called an offense...

naaaah...Couldn't be anything other than---Romeo wasn't as good as advertised, and he was lazy...Yeah, thats the answer.

Yet it keeps happening.

You think Lance Stephenson is playing in Puerto Rico because he likes to ball?
He grossed $37M.

Yeah, but Fat Joe on the IU forum says it's not real.
Trust me, I know it’s very real. Doesn’t mean it should be considered normal. It should be considered very abnormal and very dumb. Everyone around basketball acts like it’s supposed to happen which is also very dumb .

6’3 208 with a 14% body fat dexa scan at the beginning of June here, so don’t call me fat. You and I both know you can’t squat 4 plates.

Also, Lance Stephenson? LMAO. Dude is barely functional. I doubt he can spell the word investment.

Last edited:
Do you remember when you use to call me Sean because you talked to “friends” in Bloomington about me, and found out who a message board poster was? That was always very cute, appreciate you taking such interest.

You must not have talked to them recently tho. See I just closed on a massive property in Greene county, about 30 minutes from the hall so I’ll still have season tickets and be courtside for the games don’t worry.

I am close to several large scale solar projects that I will be developing over the next 4 years. I got a huge promotion and raise because of it. No clue about young money tho!!!

Been on a PJ yet?

That’s not how I recall it.

You were challenged by another poster about your credibility and then went into detail about what a big deal you were in Bloomington. You then posted a picture of your HPER degree that it took you 6 years to finish…with your full name on it, and I asked one of my buddies who I consider to to be a prominent figure figure in Bloomington if the name Cavanagh rang a bell and I believe he used the terms “punk” and “loudmouth”. Don’t think he was very far off in his assessment.

How many players with a poor work ethic last 5 (as of now) seasons in the NBA?

How many players with a poor work ethic last 5 (as of now) seasons in the NBA?
A shit ton. Stupid question. You know how many busts there are in the NBA. Romeo never made a rotation, just kept hanging around because of “potential”.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
That’s not how I recall it.

You were challenged by another poster about your credibility and then went into detail about what a big deal you were in Bloomington. You then posted a picture of your HPER degree that it took you 6 years to finish…with your full name on it, and I asked one of my buddies who I consider to to be a prominent figure figure in Bloomington if the name Cavanagh rang a bell and I believe he used the terms “punk” and “loudmouth”. Don’t think he was very far off in his assessment.
keep talking about me to prominent figures. Lol. Prominent. That’s rich.

Oh and no1 that knows me has ever called me a punk, so you are making shit up. Smartass, sarcastic, ya those are common. Punk? Loudmouth? Nope. Neither of those adjectives are ever used to describe me in real life. Just geezers on message boards.

Reactions: Lucy01
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT