ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy

Ask the lawyers on here how many people file from bankruptcy to get out of paying their bills. They make a living off of it.
There's quite a penalty for bankruptcy. Are you prepared for the penalty of not raising the debt ceiling?

There's quite a penalty for bankruptcy. Are you prepared for the penalty of not raising the debt ceiling?
Well, not really much of a penalty. You have some assets seized or debt restructured. AND you have lenders lined up to lend you even MORE money because they know you can't file bankruptcy for another 7 years.

The debt ceiling will always get raised. But it's a bargaining chip when dealing with the budget - that's all it is. Everyone knows it, but act like it's a real crisis. It's not. There may be delays in payments, but they will be made eventually. There is enough money coming in to keep the government running at a more-than-basic level. It's all media hype.

Reactions: snarlcakes
As you said, it’s all about leverage. Any negotiation is about leverage.

If the right wing nut jobs propose reasonable spending prioritization in exchange for a vote to increase the debt ceiling, and the swamp tells them to pound sand, who is responsible for a possible default?

I understand you always think in ad hominem terms, but it is possible for people like Boebert and Gaetz to make a reasonable proposal.
The nut jobs are. Raising the debt ceiling isn't a give. It shouldn't be traded for.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Committees are indeed important. And I am in favor of strengthening the committee structure.

In recent years, culminating in Pelosi’s term, committees have become less important and leadership has become more important. Look at the most recent omnibus bill as an example. Committees have evolved to a rubber stamp for leadership and the speaker. Changing how committees are formed and how they do business is one of the changes the freedom caucus claims to have obtained. . Let’s hope the Pelosi ruthless iron fist is gone forever.
Smith is chairman of ways and means.
Green is chairman of homeland security.

Two good choices

kkeosys6l9ba1.jpg

Yeah, I know.

I read the first act of the new GOP congress was to eliminate the 87,000 new IRS agents, the ones that never existed in the first place.

Next they are taking on rainbow unicorns and jumbo shrimp.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I read the first act of the new GOP congress was to eliminate the 87,000 new IRS agents, the ones that never existed in the first place.

Next they are taking on rainbow unicorns and jumbo shrimp.
Just wait till they ban total idiots from testifying as expert witnesses in court and you have to get a job, or try anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Hope the Republican House leadership gets on this bandwagon.

1658780189.jpg
Can you explain what a ministerial role is? Giving sermons? (I keed, I keed).

Is Kamala being responsible for the border an example?

I'm asking an honest question - I really don't know what that means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT