ADVERTISEMENT

Mac is back!

lol I check this site and listen to you. You have about 5 straight off-season national title streak going, I think. You were spouting this craziness last summer...how did that turn out? How about you goobers give it a rest and bring this same fire DURING the season? But go ahead, keep patting yourselves on the back. Let's go hang a banner this

If you expect domination I think you’ll be disappointed. Neither the talent nor the coaching/system suggests domination. We haven’t dominated anything since the early 90s. Even in most of our championship years we didn’t dominate.
Just win baby

I’m good with being optimistic when we have players that give us a chance. Years 1-2 weren’t awful. In fact, they were much better than years -1 and -2. This year wasn’t great, but instead of replacing 10 guys on our roster, we’re replacing 1 that contributed (in a huge way). So it’s something to build on. Be optimistic about. You should try it. I don’t love Woody, but y’all treat this man like he’s Archie x Dakich + Lavall Jordan.
We're of to a good start, but the hardest part will probably be restocking the bench. How many portal guys want to come here to be subs? It's why you can't completely roll-over the roster. But I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised .

Galloway, Mgbako, Reneau, and Tucker are a good core to start with. Hopefully Cupps improves.
Still need another dynamic guard or two and a big to spell MR when he gets tired. (Hopefully the kid from Louisville) That said it's definitely been a good start to the off-season no doubt about that.

Reactions: IUgradman
If you expect domination I think you’ll be disappointed. Neither the talent nor the coaching/system suggests domination. We haven’t dominated anything since the early 90s. Even in most of our championship years we didn’t dominate.
So your expectation is that should be the norm?

That's just it. But we don't win and I think we all know why we aren't winning in the most recent seasons....
We all know JHS one and done, X and Newton hurt. MM took a while to find his rhythm and CJ or anyone else couldn’t make open 3s

We're of to a good start, but the hardest part will probably be restocking the bench. How many portal guys want to come here to be subs? It's why you can't completely roll-over the roster. But I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised .
I agree. And talent doesn’t make a good team. I expected this year’s team to improve as the season progressed, which they d, but far too late. Starting over every year is not good.

Reactions: bsmitty08
If you’re paying Attention a lot of the negative Nancy’s are MIA following this news. Probably in a crying seas with Rabjohns.
I don't keep that close of tabs on who has said what. I didn't guess on who was leaving other than wondering if Tucker coming was bad news for Mac returning. Great that is not the case and have both.

I am still not in the camp of thinking Woodson is a good coach but glad when we can get or retain talent.

We still have 6 spots? I don't think we'll go into the season anticipating Cupps as the starting PG. My belief is you need to be 3 deep at most positions: PG, post and wings/shooters. That's a starter, backup and developing player. Next year I'd expect Cupps to be the backup, whereas this year we didn't have that depth and so even though he should've been our developmental PG as a freshman he got pressed into backup and starter... one of the reasons for our struggles.
And a constant problem for Woodson until he lands guys who stay 3-4 years.
Losing Ware,Sparks, Banks and Walker means they have to come up with at least a couple 6'10" guys if they want to compete. That's in addition to shooters and ball handlers.

And a constant problem for Woodson until he lands guys who stay 3-4 years.
Losing Ware,Sparks, Banks and Walker means they have to come up with at least a couple 6'10" guys if they want to compete. That's in addition to shooters and ball handlers.
And now we don’t have ANY roster spots open!

Oh wait. We still have 6…

How much is each player getting? How much for MM? How much for Tucker? That would actually be interesting inside information.
The only inside info I have is from one recruit, but I do have the ability to deduce for the rest of the team based on common knowledge. I can fill you in since you don’t possess said ability…😎

Those who know don’t talk, and those who talk don’t know.
What about those who only complain about others? You know from the WC that I care more about what my spare tire thinks than you & Aloha, but I’ll bet you anything you want that IU’s results don’t match the investment next year. You in?

I know what the NIL total is. If what is spent is not commensurate with the results, that would mean we overpaid, no?
No. The fact is that you don’t know what any of the players are getting in NIL money. That’s all I wanted to know. Thanks.

Wager on what?
Whether the investment in the team next year is commensurate with the results. Woodson makes what, $4.5 million? NIL will be $6million? I propose we wager whether our ranking in spending is higher or lower than our performance. You pick what metric we use for team performance.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
How about I apply some logic & deduce that if our budget was in, let’s say even in the top 50 last year, we overpaid. Now, you can certainly make the argument that we don’t know how next year will shake out, but how about we make a wager predicated on where IU finishes relative to their budget. You pick, NET, RPI, polls, whatever. Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is, or you just wanna take some more shots at me?
Not fair! You have all the inside knowledge and connections. Who would be crazy enough to bet a blow hard, know it all like you? I will….since you have inside info set the lowest NET ranking IU will achieve next season and a dollar amount.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Whether the investment in the team next year is commensurate with the results. Woodson makes what, $4.5 million? NIL will be $6million? I propose we wager whether our ranking in spending is higher or lower than our performance. You pick what metric we use for team performance.
The coach isn’t paid with NIL money. Tell me what the players are paid. Each of them.

The coach isn’t paid with NIL money. Tell me what the players are paid. Each of them.
So your answer is no? Is this really about what I know or the return on investment? Let’s assume I know nothing. Want to make a wager?

So your answer is no? Is this really about what I know or the return on investment? Let’s assume I know nothing. Want to make a wager?
Seriously? You have been posting as if you know exactly what the players are getting in NIL money. I just wanted to know what they were getting, I don’t want to know what your speculation on what they’re getting is. That’s irrelevant. If you don’t know, say you don’t know and move on.

Reactions: Cutter1973
Seriously? You have been posting as if you know exactly what the players are getting in NIL money. I just wanted to know what they were getting, I don’t want to know what your speculation on what they’re getting is. That’s irrelevant. If you don’t know, say you don’t know and move on.
I have posted that we are overpaying. If you think I’m wrong, put up or shut up. Let’s goooooooo!!! I will will wager ANYTHING YOU WANT as I have provided multiple scenarios. Who cares what you think I do or don’t know, do you agree that if we are paying top x money we should get top x results? You can keep posting semantics or you can exhibit some balls….

Reactions: ulrey
I have posted that we are overpaying. If you think I’m wrong, put up or shut up. Let’s goooooooo!!! I will will wager ANYTHING YOU WANT as I have provided multiple scenarios. Who cares what you think I do or don’t know, do you agree that if we are paying top x money we should get top x results? You can keep posting semantics or you can exhibit some balls….

What are other teams will to pay if we are overpaying?

Not as much isn't an answer as that's a cheap cop out.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
OK. It’s settled. You have no idea what any of the players are getting in NIL money. That’s all I wanted to know. Thanks, but you could have said that much earlier.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
OK. It’s settled. You have no idea what any of the players are getting in NIL money. That’s all I wanted to know. Thanks, but you could have said that much earlier.
Look, this is so simple. If our pay is top x, our results should be top x. Do you agree?

Look, this is so simple. If our pay is top x, our results should be top x. Do you agree?
My only question was about your knowledge of NIL money to players. My question was answered. You don’t know anything about that. Your wager makes no sense now. Thanks. We’re done.

My only question was about your knowledge of NIL money to players. My question was answered. You don’t know anything about that. Your wager makes no sense now. Thanks. We’re done.
So you only care what an anonymous person does or doesn’t know, that you cannot verify one way or another, but aren’t willing to weigh in on the actual subject which is whether IU is overpaying for results & recruits. You’re right, we are done here because you don’t have the balls to back up your claims, but I do….

So you only care what an anonymous person does or doesn’t know, that you cannot verify one way or another, but aren’t willing to weigh in on the actual subject which is whether IU is overpaying for results & recruits. You’re right, we are done here because you don’t have the balls to back up your claims, but I do….
It doesn’t take any balls to make baseless speculations like you have. You may have no balls, but I’m not interested in checking on that. How about you just admit you were talking out your ass about what NIL money players are getting and move on? That was the subject. Shut up, or put up. Any.subsequent post from you that doesn’t include facts about NIL money to specific players is bogus and will be ignored. Have a good night!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nichlee
It doesn’t take any balls to make baseless speculations like you have. You may have no balls, but I’m not interested in checking on that. How about you just admit you were talking out your ass about what NIL money players are getting and move on? That was the subject. Shut up, or put up. Any.subsequent post from you that doesn’t include facts about NIL money to particulate players is bogus and will be ignored. Have a good night!
IU players are getting $6 million. Is this number inaccurate?

Let's try to remain specific. Nothing you said above applies to myself. So you wasted a post. Kudos.
Well you did say it didn’t mean anything that Trey and Anthony were coming back and liked Woody because the players that counted didn’t.

Not at all. I'm just realistic with what I see. Most all (non-PU fans who fake being IU fans on here) want IU to be good. It's a matter of whether we can realistically belive that will happen. I would love nothing more than to see IU dominate but we both know the roster as it is today is not where it needs to be. We still have off season work to do beyond the roster build. Do we think Woodson is able to do that? Talent, as we have seen, is just a piece of the puzzle.
Many like me have watched woodson coach three years and we dont see a guy who can get us to where we need to be. Sure it can change but he will have to change how he plays the game. Just because he got some guys to come back doesnt mean much to me until i see he has changed and values the three point shot. Alabama was 16-36 from three tonight we barely shot 36 three in three games. He has to prove it on the court. Even last year people think it was some great year to make the tourny but we were picked to win the big ten. I think we were second but only 12-8 and blown out in the tourney. To me we underachieved last year I thought sweet sixeteen for sure given the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT