ADVERTISEMENT

It isn't in schools

i suspect she's getting engaged this weekend. i'll be all amped up and be sure to search out hoops and bowl and a few others for a real nasty fight thread
You've suspected that half-a-dozen times on here. Basically, any time she goes to a sit-down restaurant (Dollaritas are back at Applebees!) or out-of-town, you think she's getting engaged.

Relax. Go get yourself a Dollarita and a cougar and take the edge off.

For openers:

“What seemingly is evading you is there are religious entities heading into the charter school space.”

I sent you a link to the Indiana charter school statutes. You need to read every word, as I did, (about 20 minutes) before you post again about charter schools.
I have. Your point is what? Get to a point.

Hillsdale is a religious based college. They are pushing to open charter schools in Indiana (among other places). The discussion in this meeting I attended talked openly about religion in school, which is fine if it's a private school, not for a charter school.

Do you have a point? If you do, get to it.

You've suspected that half-a-dozen times on here. Basically, any time she goes to a sit-down restaurant (Dollaritas are back at Applebees!) or out-of-town, you think she's getting engaged.

Relax. Go get yourself a Dollarita and a cougar and take the edge off.
she's going to an exclusive resort in the desert for the weekend. screams proposal. i'm actually going to a party tonight that is essentially a reunion for my high school's football team. @larsIU i suspect there will be an army of cougars there with a thousand miles of broken road behind them. maybe we'll see just how weak i am tonight

she's going to an exclusive resort in the desert for the weekend. screams proposal. i'm actually going to a party tonight that is essentially a reunion for my high school's football team. @larsIU i suspect there will be an army of cougars there with a thousand miles of broken road behind them. maybe we'll see just how weak i am tonight
Zeke, larsIU, all fashionistas: Unite! Let's get McMurt walking into this party to find the (next) woman of his dreams.

No tracksuits. No NBs. This is a night for tight-crotched LuLu's and:

1. Quarter-zip

2. Neon t-shirt and white blazer with sleeves rolled up

3. untucked patterned shirt with those funky inner sleeves that have a different pattern that Cam likes to wear on Modern Family

4. patterned button-down shirt and a light puffer vest.

Votes on options, please.

You were hoping she'd take you back?

Zeke, larsIU, all fashionistas: Unite! Let's get McMurt walking into this party to find the (next) woman of his dreams.

1. Quarter-zip

3. untucked patterned shirt with those funky inner sleeves that have a different pattern that Cam likes to wear on Modern Family

Nothing wrong with New Balance shoes. I don't own a pair, but it really matters which style and, likely, where you bought it. i.e. don't buy the white clunky looking ones from department stores.

BTW...no one should ever take your fashion advice, not even in jest.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

1. Quarter-zip

lol i went to a poor kid high school in the city. jeans and a t-shirt or i'll be abused as a snob. when in rome. my friends from the football team will resemble a family of sasquatches. they were 6'3 275 in high school so with the added weight of time and a wing of a brewery in their guts they'll be 6'2 350. the type of guys that were as big as d1 lineman but shitty athletes so they filled d3 rosters around the midwest. i used to piss in their water coolers and when they got doughnuts i'd sneak into their dining area and hide pens in every single longjohns. i used to cut the love handles out of their practice shirts too

1. Quarter-zip

I’m thinking a new a fresh approach: Brown coveralls with oil stains and “Carhartt” ” on the left front pocket.

Despite having two close friends who were diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer a few years ago (both still alive, thankfully), I'll provide some interesting counter-intuitive data on regular colonoscopies, breast screenings, etc.:

Re the lattes, just switch to normal coffee or espresso. Shaken espressos there are pretty good (but $5!!!), and only contain espresso, ice, and much less skim milk.

Thanks a lot @Bowlmania. All this talk now has me feeling old enough to go out and buy a nice, new pair of white NBs.
Thanks. Don't have time now to listen to Prasad's interview, but if he's advocating against colorectal screening, he doesn't have much support.

Colorectal cancer in adults under 55 has risen significantly in the last 10 years. So have deaths in that age group from colorectal cancer. The American College of Gastroenterology recommends that everyone between 45 and 75 should be screened for colon and rectal cancer.

I had a colonoscopy two years ago. A polyp was found and snipped during the procedure. Polyps tend to grow and can become malignant. I'm glad I had the colonoscopy and I'll be following up with another one in three years.

lol i went to a poor kid high school in the city. jeans and a t-shirt or i'll be abused as a snob. when in rome. my friends from the football team will resemble a family of sasquatches. they were 6'3 275 in high school so with the added weight of time and a wing of a brewery in their guts they'll be 6'2 350. the type of guys that were as big as d1 lineman but shitty athletes so they filled d3 rosters around the midwest. i used to piss in their water coolers and when they got doughnuts i'd sneak into their dining area and hide pens in every single longjohns. i used to cut the love handles out of their practice shirts too
I get it. I went to a high school reunion a few years ago at a shitty bar on the outdoor deck and wore khaki pants and an untucked polo. Somebody asked me why I was so "dressed up."

wrong son. iced shaked espresso with an add shot. so for my $6 i'm getting four shots, milk, ice, AND A PUMP OF CLASSIC!!!! that's hardly an extravagance. there are people in the world ordering five guys on door dash. let that sink in

i've lost 3 friends to various shit in the last two years. all right at 50. it'll take a lot to get me. i'm fueled by spite
This is spot on. I run on piss and vinegar. My list of motherf$ckers I owe is too long to die anytime soon. I’ve got scores to settle. Some real and some imagined. Regardless, that spite and pettiness stokes the internal flame within. I also keep a 1.75 bottle of whiskey in the garage when the weather cools because you never know when you’ll need a snort.

This is spot on. I run on piss and vinegar. My list of motherf$ckers I owe is too long to die anytime soon. I’ve got scores to settle. Some real and some imagined. Regardless, that spite and pettiness stokes the internal flame within. I also keep a 1.75 bottle of whiskey in the garage when the weather cools because you never know when you’ll need a snort.
co-sign. add to that list that we need to get our dirty crew together. it's been too long. no more excuses

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens

1. Quarter-zip

Same advice as for Joe Burrow.

Get that $5,000 suit. $1,000 Italian shoes.

”They come running’ just as fast as they can.
‘Cause every girl crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man.”

maybe we'll see just how weak i am tonight
Tis not weakness to succumb to the advances of the cougar. Only weakness is your unwillingness to embrace the warmth. Pride = weakness. Lower your standards and elevate your sense of wellbeing.

1. Quarter-zip

1 - No
2 - He's not El Presidente from Bartstool
3 - i don't thinks he's 70 yet but those do pari well with bedazzled jeans
4 - he's a finance bro now?

No, jeans and tshirt. Like Kanye said, billionaires don't wear their money.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
it's usually not the warmth that spooks me. it's those brock lesnar upper arms they get
I was working in the home office last night and I hear my wife rolling laughing. I go out and she's wathing The Golden Batchelor.

Holy ****ing shit what a trainwreck. I thought he was going to be like 55. No, HE'S 73 AND SO ARE THE WOMEN.

Lord help us all.

I was working in the home office last night and I hear my wife rolling laughing. I go out and she's wathing The Golden Batchelor.

Holy ****ing shit what a trainwreck. I thought he was going to be like 55. No, HE'S 73 AND SO ARE THE WOMEN.

Lord help us all.
For those who don’t die 70 is the new 50. I suspect he got duped when he saw the women were old

Same advice as for Joe Burrow.

Get that $5,000 suit. $1,000 Italian shoes.

”They come running’ just as fast as they can.
‘Cause every girl crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man.”
Mo money, mo problems. Something like that attracts crazy just as much as it attracts possible suitors. You can hang out with crazy, you can F crazy, you shouldn't date crazy.

To be fair, he looks much younger than they do. He could easily be in the 55 y/o pool. He's from Indiana as well.
the airplane repo guy is from indiana too. hey do you wear rubbers with these old no good cougars? how's that work? or no one bothers? they can't get preggers?

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
the airplane repo guy is from indiana too. hey do you wear rubbers with these old no good cougars? how's that work? or no one bothers? they can't get preggers?
STDs still alive and well. Have a guy I know in Chicago who caught his wife cheating on him. Threw him for a loop (he's a big time narcissist). Got on Tinder, started banging everything. He's 50ish, named partner, dresses well. Nailing cougars left and right. Got gonorrhea from one (Chicago cop). He asked "Do you think I need to tell the others [he'd had sex with after the cop]?"

STDs still alive and well. Have a guy I know in Chicago who caught his wife cheating on him. Threw him for a loop (he's a big time narcissist). Got on Tinder, started banging everything. He's 50ish, named partner, dresses well. Nailing cougars left and right. Got gonorrhea from one (Chicago cop). He asked "Do you think I need to tell the others [he'd had sex with after the cop]?"
I’m just gonna stay home. That’s too much

1. Quarter-zip

john travolta swag GIF

Anecdotal update from a woke school system:

My son is in 8th grade. Unsolicited, he is now complaining about his social studies class, which is weird because he loves history. At his school, 7th grade social studies covers American history from native peoples up to the Civil War. 8th grade is the 2nd half of American history, from Reconstruction to the present day.

In 7th grade, his teacher spent two weeks on the Haitian Revolution, and one week on the American Revolution. Now in 8th grade, they are 2 months into the year, and they are still covering Reconstruction. When I asked how detailed they are getting, his response is "Dad, we just keep learning the same thing over and over again: racism this, racism that, racism is bad. I already knew that."
Following up on this:

It's a joke now with my son, when I ask "Hey learn anything cool in school today?" His response is "Dad, guess what we learned about in social studies today?" "What, son?" "Reconstruction." And then I just shake my head. He's smart enough now, though, to realize in school when his teacher is teaching history as if it's a morality play, because I've been harping on that point for a few years now.

So I guess the takeaway for me right now is that my son and his friends, at least, aren't really becoming indoctrinated into the worst of the ideology. Most of them appear to be rolling their eyes at it. That's not to say that the pervasiveness of this in curriculums nationwide won't have it's intended effect: changing the electorate in 20-30 years time so as to pass reparations legislation. But for my kids, at least, it looks as if the harm might be limited to them just not learning about a lot of history in school, and limiting their interest in history as a subject.

Of course, the fun doesn't stop in Jr. High. The high school school board, administration, and curriculum is utterly woke, focusing primarily on "oppression studies," so we'll see how that turns out. He wants to go to that school and I guess I should be happy since it'll save me $80k for the local Catholic high school.

Following up on this:

It's a joke now with my son, when I ask "Hey learn anything cool in school today?" His response is "Dad, guess what we learned about in social studies today?" "What, son?" "Reconstruction." And then I just shake my head. He's smart enough now, though, to realize in school when his teacher is teaching history as if it's a morality play, because I've been harping on that point for a few years now.

So I guess the takeaway for me right now is that my son and his friends, at least, aren't really becoming indoctrinated into the worst of the ideology. Most of them appear to be rolling their eyes at it. That's not to say that the pervasiveness of this in curriculums nationwide won't have it's intended effect: changing the electorate in 20-30 years time so as to pass reparations legislation. But for my kids, at least, it looks as if the harm might be limited to them just not learning about a lot of history in school, and limiting their interest in history as a subject.

Of course, the fun doesn't stop in Jr. High. The high school school board, administration, and curriculum is utterly woke, focusing primarily on "oppression studies," so we'll see how that turns out. He wants to go to that school and I guess I should be happy since it'll save me $80k for the local Catholic high school.
Going through the same with my 7th grader. The school is out of hand with woke garbage. But she has great friends, is getting good grades, and while not only free has way better facilities than the $20k plus catholic alternative. I think you just have to do what you are doing and bring another perspective to him in your time.

Woke is awful in so many ways. And history was my favorite subject and I hate to see wokeism ruin it. But I will say it has been my experience that these kids at the wokee schools are better to each other. Their crowd is about as mixed as it gets and I’m with them a lot. I ask them about bullying and stuff and they say my son is literally the only bully they know. Woke has some positives

Following up on this:

I always ask my youngest how her day went in school when I pick her up from the sitter.

Last week she lead off with, well, I learned today that it's not real meat in the hamburger patties.

I asked how she knew and she said "Dad, when you know, you know."

She to young to be a smart-ass. I'm so proud.

I always ask my youngest how her day went in school when I pick her up from the sitter.

Last week she lead off with, well, I learned today that it's not real meat in the hamburger patties.

I asked how she knew and she said "Dad, when you know, you know."

She to young to be a smart-ass. I'm so proud.
There’s a kid at my daughter’s school who is the image of the blindside kid. 7th grade. Held back once. Black. 6’’6 easily 280. Always in trouble. Missing school. Suspended. A few weeks ago we are pulling up and my daughter 4’11 80 pounds, yells STOP STOP STOP. She jumps out of the car yelling at him YOU BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!!! This monster looks like a deer in the headlights “by lunch. By lunch. I promise!!” Again these kids are so much better to each other than we were. There are stil friend clicks but they all are in it together and see each other as friends

There’s a kid at my daughter’s school who is the image of the blindside kid. 7th grade. Held back once. Black. 6’’6 easily 280. Always in trouble. Missing school. Suspended. A few weeks ago we are pulling up and my daughter 4’11 80 pounds, yells STOP STOP STOP. She jumps out of the car yelling at him YOU BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!!! This monster looks like a deer in the headlights “by lunch. By lunch. I promise!!” Again these kids are so much better to each other than we were. There are stil friend clicks but they all are in it together and see each other as friends
The implied threat from your daughter, no doubt, was “Don’t make me sic my little brother on you!”

Going through the same with my 7th grader. The school is out of hand with woke garbage. But she has great friends, is getting good grades, and while not only free has way better facilities than the $20k plus catholic alternative. I think you just have to do what you are doing and bring another perspective to him in your time.

Woke is awful in so many ways. And history was my favorite subject and I hate to see wokeism ruin it. But I will say it has been my experience that these kids at the wokee schools are better to each other. Their crowd is about as mixed as it gets and I’m with them a lot. I ask them about bullying and stuff and they say my son is literally the only bully they know. Woke has some positives
Maybe there is a lesson learned there.

BTW...history being taught today is close to the history taught in the 80's. There's just more of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT