ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana University High School

BradStevens

All-Big Ten
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2023
Anyone have experience with this? Thoughts?

IU doesn’t accept many of the credits

IU doesn’t accept many of the credits
Yeah, I dont care about that. I'm wondering if it's a good program to supplement/enrich/advance high school learning. Like an insurance policy that your kid is learning what he or she needs to learn in the high school course.

I would have loved something like this when I was in high school.

Yeah, I dont care about that. I'm wondering if it's a good program to supplement/enrich/advance high school learning. Like an insurance policy that your kid is learning what he or she needs to learn in the high school course.

I was just making a joke. As for kids my daughter gets all As with an occasional B. I don’t know anything else. I rarely help with her homework. Have no idea when assignments are due. It’s all online or in whatever system they use and I am clueless. At this point I’m rolling with faith. Very scary

But agreed on supplemental with iu high

Reactions: larsIU
I was just making a joke. As for kids my daughter gets all As with an occasional B. I don’t know anything else. I rarely help with her homework. Have no idea when assignments are due. It’s all online or in whatever system they use and I am clueless. At this point I’m rolling with faith. Very scary

But agreed on supplemental with iu high
I don't think faith is a good idea. At least where I am, my kid's grades are not indicative of anything other than them giving a shit about their grades.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Maybe a way to replace the advanced classes that are being eliminated in the name of “equity”….

I just know that when my high school played them in sports we chalked up an automatic W, kind of like Wisconsin was in basketball in my day. Unlike that other Bloomington high school.

I had thought Bloomington University became Bloomington North. No?

Last edited:
I just know that when my high school played them in sports we chalked up an automatic W, kind of like Wisconsin was in basketball in my day. Unlike that other Bloomington high school.

I had thought Bloomington University became Bloomington North. No?

This looks like an advanced online program for current high schoolers, nothing like the old U School.

At one time (50s? 60s?) the U School was an actual high school located at 3rd and Jordan. They later moved to the weird multi-building campus at 10th and the Bypass. The students were the guinea pigs for whatever the latest fad was coming out of IU's School of Education. I believe it was totally separate from the public school corporation. I don't remember the timing, but they did eventually fold around the same time that Bloomington High School split into North and Sounth.

I'm sure @Univee2 can fill in the details much better.

This looks like an advanced online program for current high schoolers, nothing like the old U School.

At one time (50s? 60s?) the U School was an actual high school located at 3rd and Jordan. They later moved to the weird multi-building campus at 10th and the Bypass. The students were the guinea pigs for whatever the latest fad was coming out of IU's School of Education. I believe it was totally separate from the public school corporation. I don't remember the timing, but they did eventually fold around the same time that Bloomington High School split into North and Sounth.

I'm sure @Univee2 can fill in the details much better.
U-School (K-12) was part of the university and totally independent of the Bloomington school district. Was open to kids in IU families as well as a small part of the northeast corner of Bloomington. BHS got everybody else and was much larger. We didn’t play the panthers in football given their size and South Central Conference dominance. This was when BHS had something like a 70+ game winning streak and was “winning” mythical state championships.

I believe the ‘72 class was the last graduating class, with Bloomington North opening in September. I don’t have any idea how they divided the city unless it was some line cutting the town in half. Unionville HS was folded into North. Smithville HS was folded into South. There might be some more details but that’s all I remember.

If I had to guess, there might have been 2-3 times the number of high schools in the state before all of the consolidations began.

Hopefully they do academics better than we do mother f%$#ing basketball. %$#$^ ^%%# *&$#$&*

U-School (K-12) was part of the university and totally independent of the Bloomington school district. Was open to kids in IU families as well as a small part of the northeast corner of Bloomington. BHS got everybody else and was much larger. We didn’t play the panthers in football given their size and South Central Conference dominance. This was when BHS had something like a 70+ game winning streak and was “winning” mythical state championships.

I believe the ‘72 class was the last graduating class, with Bloomington North opening in September. I don’t have any idea how they divided the city unless it was some line cutting the town in half. Unionville HS was folded into North. Smithville HS was folded into South. There might be some more details but that’s all I remember.

If I had to guess, there might have been 2-3 times the number of high schools in the state before all of the consolidations began.
Didn't Sanders have a HS as well?

Might have to go to the May 28th presentation...

415193452_10230873453450695_7154937949058243345_n.jpg

Didn't Sanders have a HS as well?

The Sanders School building is still standing and now houses an adhesive repackager. I don't believe there was a high school there in modern times (say 50s-60s); they would have gone to Smithville, not far down the road.

Oof. I’ve gotta be knee deep right now. Floundering.
Lol whenever you’re weak think of your good old iu buddy McMurtry and the hell his self destructive streak has visited upon him. A McMansion mortgage in monthly child support. A crazy ex who he hates who calls him five times a day. The love of his life married and pregnant.

Go buy that M you want. Or if the kids are too expensive learn to bbq like a master or play more nerd golf or join an old man’s league and spend 90 minutes mauling people

Oof. I’ve gotta be knee deep right now. Floundering.
I played a few weeks ago against a bosno team. The one guy was the mirror image of Mirko cro cop. He was just destroying people. Twice I screamed at him WTF!!!!!!!! CALM DOWN!!! It was unreal. After the game when were all shaking hands I saw him literally say to his buddy “I feel better” and bust out laughing. I immediately bust out laughing. It’s cathartic

• Haha
Lol whenever you’re weak think of your good old iu buddy McMurtry and the hell his self destructive streak has visited upon him. A McMansion mortgage in monthly child support. A crazy ex who he hates who calls him five times a day. The love of his life married and pregnant.

Go buy that M you want. Or if the kids are too expensive learn to bbq like a master or play more nerd golf or join an old man’s league and spend 90 minutes mauling people
Now that you say it, I do feel better.

• Haha
I played a few weeks ago against a bosno team. The one guy was the mirror image of Mirko cro cop. He was just destroying people. Twice I screamed at him WTF!!!!!!!! CALM DOWN!!! It was unreal. After the game when were all shaking hands I saw him literally say to his buddy “I feel better” and bust out laughing. I immediately bust out laughing. It’s cathartic
I always liked putting a shoulder into the younger guys. When I could catch them, that is.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT