ADVERTISEMENT

Ibi Watson.....sounds like our 1st commit

Bigger fish still in the sea!
Michigan got a zero star.

Last edited:
Bigger fish still in the sea!
Michigan got a zero star.[/QUOTE

Michigan is usually a pretty darn good judge of talent. Plus now we have to also play against him and he will turn out to be a good one.

We are not a top 5 team in the country and I think we will finish 5th in the big ten. I don't know why I decided to respond to a troll's post in the first place.

We are not a top 5 team in the country and I think we will finish 5th in the big ten. I don't know why I decided to respond to a troll's post in the first place.
I believe spar#2 meant in the state, not in the country. I agree with him that we are a top 5 team in the state of Indiana.

How are we gonna complain now about recruiting a 3 star, and competing against the likes of WKU and Dayton?

How are we gonna complain now about recruiting a 3 star, and competing against the likes of WKU and Dayton?
How? Maybe because we had been on the kid for a while, it was presumed he was ready to pull the trigger for us and Michigan makes an offer had has his commitment within a day.

How? Maybe because we had been on the kid for a while, it was presumed he was ready to pull the trigger for us and Michigan makes an offer had has his commitment within a day.
The presumption wasn't that he was going to commit to IU, but that he was going to wait and see if Michigan offered before he "pulled the trigger". UM was always his favorite school. They just waited to offer him and when they did, he was their's.

The presumption was that he was going to be committing at the end of July / beginning of August and that IU was in the best position to receive that commitment. It wasn't necessarily presumed that if UM offered he would pick them, especially since they had taken as long as they had to make an offer.

The presumption was that he was going to be committing at the end of July / beginning of August and that IU was in the best position to receive that commitment. It wasn't necessarily presumed that if UM offered he would pick them, especially since they had taken as long as they had to make an offer.
Do you know who you are talking to? Spa personally Talks to IU recruits and knows details about them that they don't tell their own families

He made it clear he wanted a UM offer and it was always presumed that he would take it if offered. He was only presumed headed to IU if Michigan passed. Once they offered, it was hardly a surprise that he took it, since that's what was widely known he would do.

we may win out over
offers from Dayton, Massachusetts, Western Kentucky -could have a shot
Fortunately he didn't choose us. Michigan, as usual, gets another guy from out of state. Lets face it if Michigan and Michigan State had to pick talent from their own state they couldn't be competitive in basketball or football.

Fortunately he didn't choose us. Michigan, as usual, gets another guy from out of state. Lets face it if Michigan and Michigan State had to pick talent from their own state they couldn't be competitive in basketball or football.

football maybe, basketball your completely right.

I don't consider this a huge loss. A zero star that would only take IU if he didn't get an offer from the school he really wanted to play for. I would rather have a young man who actually wants to play for IU. If he was a 5 star I might feel a little different, but not much.

but they do get kids from neighboring states. lots of them.

The state of Michigan produces a good amount of talent, but not all of it is recruitable by schools that play within the rules. Plenty of elite kids have gone out of state from Michigan and plenty have left Michigan HS's to transfer to a prep school elsewhere. Rivals #1 recruit in the 2016 class Josh Jackson is a Detroit kid but he now plays at a recently invented prep school in California. It's somewhere between criminal and merely unethical with how it's run and how he ended up there but needless to say he's not the kind of kid your average rule abiding coach will be able to sign.

He made it clear he wanted a UM offer and it was always presumed that he would take it if offered. He was only presumed headed to IU if Michigan passed. Once they offered, it was hardly a surprise that he took it, since that's what was widely known he would do.

Wonder how much UM spent on Ibi's recruitment as compared to us?

i'm hoping we start strong this winter and some good kids sign up quickly before Bryant gets tired. Another little part of me also wouldn't cry my eyes out of we start flat and end flat, forcing Fred's hand.
Actually the fall signing period would before we really started playing games so the kids won't have a chance to see how we start out if they want to sign in the fall.

Ibi used IU's interest in recruiting him to force UM's hand which gave him an offer that he immediately accepted.

Ibi used IU's interest in recruiting him to force UM's hand which gave him an offer that he immediately accepted.

No.

Michigan just got done being spurned by the decommitment of 5 star SG Tyus Battle who ended up at Syracuse. They needed a 2 guard. They had been watching Watson for some time and he performed very well at Michigan's camp this summer in Ann Arbor. Beilein is very stingy about handing out offers but recently decided that Watson would be his next shooting guard target with Battle out of the picture and extended the offer.

As for Watson, he apparently was hoping for Michigan all along after seeing the recent success of local under the radar 3 star recruits Trey Burke and Caris LeVert. I highly doubt he "forced" Beilein's hand in any way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT