ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis stock goes up

Wow. Virtue signalers? For pointing out the absolute cruelty and defying the Christian values the GOP pretend to live by. I don’t know what to say about people who think it’s ok to use human beings as pawns, and particularly on Christmas Eve. It’s beyond repulsive.
Just stop. Your self-serving claim that all GOP are right-wing Christian hypocrites is just stupid, convenient bigotry. Just another uninformed pseudo-fact that you use to virtue-signal, and be against Republicans all the time no matter what.

You are perfectly happy to have a nation full of Democrats living in abject poverty rather than ever vote for a Republican anywhere.

You’re just one of the many who claim that the United States is racist because they have borders and enforce border laws - because that is what your Democrat party leaders conditioned you to think, feel, believe, and say. You don’t say that about any of the other hundreds of countries on this planet. Just here. Just Republicans. Just Americans. Why are border laws elsewhere perfectly OK with you? Why are only American border laws racist? You never even ask.

Take a lesson from Tim Robbins in his video about Covid. Self examination is a very good thing. Put down your D and, for example, study what happened in this country after the Civil War, when the borders were flung open, and the Gilded Age was built on the backs of low wage immigrants. Do you want to repeat that? Are you really willing to subject millions more immigrants to decades and generations of poverty just so you can be against Republicans and enforcement of border crossing laws? And you claim your more moral than these vicious evil Christian Republicans you hate so well?

Just stop. Your self-serving claim that all GOP are right-wing Christian hypocrites is just stupid, convenient bigotry. Just another uninformed pseudo-fact that you use to virtue-signal, and be against Republicans all the time no matter what.

You are perfectly happy to have a nation full of Democrats living in abject poverty rather than ever vote for a Republican anywhere.

You’re just one of the many who claim that the United States is racist because they have borders and enforce border laws - because that is what your Democrat party leaders conditioned you to think, feel, believe, and say. You don’t say that about any of the other hundreds of countries on this planet. Just here. Just Republicans. Just Americans. Why are border laws elsewhere perfectly OK with you? Why are only American border laws racist? You never even ask.

Take a lesson from Tim Robbins in his video about Covid. Self examination is a very good thing. Put down your D and, for example, study what happened in this country after the Civil War, when the borders were flung open, and the Gilded Age was built on the backs of low wage immigrants. Do you want to repeat that? Are you really willing to subject millions more immigrants to decades and generations of poverty just so you can be against Republicans and enforcement of border crossing laws? And you claim your more moral than these vicious evil Christian Republicans you hate so well?
Reminds me of Arlo Guthrie in Alice's Restaurant, saying the Army didn't want him because he wasn't moral enough to go kill Viet Cong.

Good grief. 50 people went to Martha’s Vineyard, 140 to the Observatory. Biden has allowed in 2,7 million illegals who overwhelmed the border towns with huge social, criminal, drugs, kid, and other problems. Take your “beyond repulsive” feelings and put them where they really matter.
Those people matter too and the circumstances are obviously totally different. They were used as pawns. I’ll put my feelings exactly where I want to put them, thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

I vote for a Republican in most elections and often more than one. I voted for the Republican mayor for example. Perhaps you are the one that shouldn’t generalize ? No where did I say all Republicans. And yes, I do believe I am more moral than Abbott and Desantis and their cheap, disgusting political stunts. What makes you think I need to learn about the Civil War? What makes you think I believe in open borders? Again generalizing.

Those people matter too and the circumstances are obviously totally different. They were used as pawns. I’ll put my feelings exactly where I want to put them, thank you.
Pawns huh. The white liberal Martha’s Vineyard elites treated them like human garbage to be carted off the island ASAP.

The people on the border don’t have the privilege to refuse immigrants. I don’t have that privilege to kick out the ”asylum seekers” from our neighborhood rec center.

The Martha’s Vinyardites have shown all of us that white liberals don’t give a rip about the immigrants despite their “welcoming“ pronouncements. You post like you fit in with Martha’s Vineyard.

Pawns huh. The white liberal Martha’s Vineyard elites treated them like human garbage to be carted off the island ASAP.

The people on the border don’t have the privilege to refuse immigrants. I don’t have that privilege to kick out the ”asylum seekers” from our neighborhood rec center.

The Martha’s Vinyardites have shown all of us that white liberals don’t give a rip about the immigrants despite their “welcoming“ pronouncements. You post like you fit in with Martha’s Vineyard.

There's no defense of the MV stunt, and it was likely illegal use of state funds by DeSantis. They went around falsely recruiting Venezuelans in San Antonio to go to Massachusetts with a brochure in Spanish that promised them jobs and 8 months of financial support in Boston.

It would be the equivalent of dropping people off in a ski town in October, when nobody is there other than skeleton staff.

For once I actually agree with you. There is no way any of the Blue states elect a T bagger from FL as POTUS. Of the 2020 battleground states he might be able to win GA, but a FL native shores up FL for the GOP while doing nothing to win purple states...
What's a "T bagger"?

There's no defense of the MV stunt, and it was likely illegal use of state funds by DeSantis. They went around falsely recruiting Venezuelans in San Antonio to go to Massachusetts with a brochure in Spanish that promised them jobs and 8 months of financial support in Boston.

It would be the equivalent of dropping people off in a ski town in October, when nobody is there other than skeleton staff.
How do you know they were 'falsely' recruited?

Got a copy of that brochure?

It’s a pejorative for a far right winger or this Desantis type. It’s meaning has evolved or devolved through the years. It’s also when you drop your ball sac on someone’s face
I wanted Cosmic - the great communicator - to tell me. He's the one who never posts insults, remember?

And I knew what it meant.

How do you know they were 'falsely' recruited?

Got a copy of that brochure?

I think you’re more than confused on how theybwere treated. You don’t know much about Martha’s Vineyard in the off-season either. They were set up with accommodations, food and shelter, which is exactly what they needed. Oh I’m sorry you aren’t able to kick out the asylum seekers at your rec center. Sounds like you wish you had that privilege.

Last edited:
  • Haha
"Matt Cameron, a Boston-based immigration attorney, explained that the benefits described in the brochure are resettlement benefits available to refugees who have been referred by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and authorized to live in the United States. These benefits are not available in Massachusetts to the migrants who boarded the flights, who are still in the process of seeking asylum."

That's a Massachusetts brochure. They should explain those benefits are only for certain refugees.

In any case, what makes the difference whether they're in Martha's Vineyard or San Antonio?

I think you’re more than confused on how that were treated. You don’t know much about Martha’s Vineyard in the off-season either. They were set up with accommodations, food and shelter, which is exactly what they needed. Oh I’m sorry you aren’t able to kick out the asylum seekers at your rec center. Sounds like you wish you had that privilege.
I’m not confused at all. The Martha’s Vineyardites saw to it that they were not inconvenienced or were required to sacrifice in any way to benefit the migrants. In fact they used the opportunity DeSantis gave them to pat themselves in the back while they smugly distributed milk and cookies. Meanwhile they don’t care about those US citizens who have their lives impacted and altered constantly by thousands of migrants nor do they care about the often horrible conditions the migrants face. Just don’t bring it to Martha’s Vineyard.

Thousands if not millions of people endured the summer of street blockages, marches, arsons, violence, chop zones, spay painting, and more all to “call attention” to a social issue. The authorities watched all of that and many of them instructed that no charges were to be brought for the hundreds of misdemeanor offenses. Why have laws if we don’t apply them?

While I don’t agree with DeSantis’ out of state recruiting, he also shined a light on and called attention to a very serious social migrant issue. And the problems have only grown worse. Still no federal remedial action or relief.

Most of us knew about the phony virtue signaling among white liberal elites. Martha’s Vineyard conspicuous confirmation of that is also informative.

This stunt stinks more as more evidence comes out.

"Matt Cameron, a Boston-based immigration attorney, explained that the benefits described in the brochure are resettlement benefits available to refugees who have been referred by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and authorized to live in the United States. These benefits are not available in Massachusetts to the migrants who boarded the flights, who are still in the process of seeking asylum."

That's a Massachusetts brochure. They should explain those benefits are only for certain refugees.

In any case, what makes the difference whether they're in Martha's Vineyard or San Antonio?

That's the point.. it wasn't a Massachusetts brochure.. it was a crudely made up fake one that was used by DeSantis's "recruiter"

Thousands if not millions of people endured the summer of street blockages, marches, arsons, violence, chop zones, spay painting, and more all to “call attention” to a social issue. The authorities watched all of that and many of them instructed that no charges were to be brought for the hundreds of misdemeanor offenses. Why have laws if we don’t apply them?

While I don’t agree with DeSantis’ out of state recruiting, he also shined a light on and called attention to a very serious social migrant issue. And the problems have only grown worse. Still no federal remedial action or relief.

Most of us knew about the phony virtue signaling among white liberal elites. Martha’s Vineyard conspicuous confirmation of that is also informative.
Wasn’t Abbott, the Texas governor, already doing the same thing? If so, how did DeSantis “shine a light” on this issue?

That's the point.. it wasn't a Massachusetts brochure.. it was a crudely made up fake one that was used by DeSantis's "recruiter"
Link to prove that?

But let's assume you're right, which I don't think you are - what in the brochure is not true?

Link to prove that?

But let's assume you're right, which I don't think you are - what in the brochure is not true?

That is what the lawsuit claims.... that it was a fake brochure made up by Florida officials.

Hell it doesn't even have the Massachusetts flag correct on it!

"The Bulwark’s Sonny Bunch noticed that it features a state flag-type image that is not actually Massachusetts’ state flag but is the first result on the site Imgur for the search term “Massachusetts state flag”:"

What's not true in it.... is those migrants weren't eligible for such benefits. And that was obvious and known. It's a ridiculous charade and probably borders on criminal behavior.

That is what the lawsuit claims.... that it was a fake brochure made up by Florida officials.

What's not true in it.... is those migrants weren't eligible for such benefits. And that was obvious and known. It's a ridiculous charade and probably borders on criminal behavior.
Buckle up.

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02

"The Bulwark’s Sonny Bunch noticed that it features a state flag-type image that is not actually Massachusetts’ state flag but is the first result on the site Imgur for the search term “Massachusetts state flag”:"

Ignoring the immigration problem is criminal behavior, yet it's practiced by the Administration.

You never mentioned was was untrue in the brochure?

Ignoring the immigration problem is criminal behavior, yet it's practiced by the Administration.

You never mentioned was was untrue in the brochure?

Yes I did. They copied from a MA state website information about benefits that was for an entirely different status of immigrants, and presented it to these people as valid.

Yes I did. They copied from a MA state website information about benefits that was for an entirely different status of immigrants, and presented it to these people as valid.
So what was in the brochure was true. I assume they could read in Spanish that it applied only to those in the Match Grant Program.

So what was in the brochure was true. I assume they could read in Spanish that it applied only to those in the Match Grant Program.

Sure man, some dead broke Venezuelan that just spent a month migrating through hell knows all about the fine print of some random grant program.

It was totally legit, nevermind. Hopefully next time they can even get the state flag correct.

Got proof they were treated like human garbage at marthas vineyard because that is not the case from the articles I read. But maybe you have some secret documents that refute that. I would love to see the bull shit...err facts you read lol.

According to article, they were given food, shelter and legal advice. Most were relocated to places they could get help. Yep, sounds like they were treated like garbage. (Sarcasm) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What do you think of desantis treating them like garbage by tricking them to get on the plane in the first place?

Love to hear your excuse for that.

Last edited:
Link to prove that?

One should verify that people qualify and that they are being taken to an appropriate location for what they were being told.

That obviously didn't happen. DeSantis tricked them for a political stunt.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
And actually, Native Americans didn't have 1 imigration law that was broken.

Now all of the other ways that we hosed them over.....

Maybe these illegals end up doing that to us. Grover.

Yea, what were they thinking for not having their laws written down. I am sure the europeans would have turned around if there had just been a law written down.

I can only hope the illegals do that to the people who think it is ok to be inhumane to others.

• Haha
Yea, what were they thinking for not having their laws written down. I am sure the europeans would have turned around if there had just been a law written down.

I can only hope the illegals do that to the people who think it is ok to be inhumane to others.
Like hospital beds for sick covid ppl. Jeesh dude.

Mods, here’s a good one to cut off.

yep, illegally here. They bought a bill of goods that was (uhhm) to good to be true. Let the buyer beware. Now hope your happy asses back to south america.

They are actually here legally, with cases being worked through the system... if you don't like our asylum laws then you should encourage the passage of some real immigration reform.

They are actually here legally, with cases being worked through the system... if you don't like our asylum laws then you should encourage the passage of some real immigration reform.
Facts seem to escape Joe. They didn't get his personal invite, so they can be treated like garbage.

Exactly. If they had been truly illegal, they would have been bused back across the border, not to DC or Martha's Vineyard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT