ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis stock goes up

I'm not going to defend the guy, but I wonder if there should be a statute of limitations on cringeworthy behavior from forty years ago.
For some it is like 3 years.
And for some, it's more like 3 days ago...

He's already sown up the Christian Nationalist vote, so no idea who this purports to appeal to? But it's beyond cringe...

Reactions: Morrison

you-just-seem-lost-are-you-okay.gif

• Love
Reactions: cannonfolk

More migrants dropped off in front of the observatory. This time in freezing temps, some wearing t-shirts. Say what you want about this administrations failures on the border and I’ll probably agree with most of it, but this strikes me as unnecessarily cruel.

More migrants dropped off in front of the observatory. This time in freezing temps, some wearing t-shirts. Say what you want about this administrations failures on the border and I’ll probably agree with most of it, but this strikes me as unnecessarily cruel.

Someone should take Abbott out and leave him on the beach.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Abbie Hoffman wishes he had done it.

It seems like such a lame political stunt, popular with the xenophobe crowd but not really going to endear them to Hispanic voters outside of Cubans in FL. All we heard in the run up to the midterms was that the GOP was making "inroads" into the Hispanic Community. But despite all of those Bailey/ftw/dbm wacky polls that showed Dems losing (Senate) races in AZ and NV (among other nonsense) the reality is that the Dems won all of those races and the Hispanic vote was a huge reason why.

Polling shows that in the West in particular the GOP lost Hispanic voters over abortion and insurrectionism. Throw in the actions of Abbott and DeSantis towards Hispanic immigrants and it's easy to see why the Hispanic vote turned out in strength against GOP candidates in heavily Hispanic states. That allowed the GOP to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Sadly, cruelty may be one of the objectives.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
It seems like such a lame political stunt, popular with the xenophobe crowd but not really going to endear them to Hispanic voters outside of Cubans in FL. All we heard in the run up to the midterms was that the GOP was making "inroads" into the Hispanic Community. But despite all of those Bailey/ftw/dbm wacky polls that showed Dems losing (Senate) races in AZ and NV (among other nonsense) the reality is that the Dems won all of those races and the Hispanic vote was a huge reason why.

Polling shows that in the West in particular the GOP lost Hispanic voters over abortion and insurrectionism. Throw in the actions of Abbott and DeSantis towards Hispanic immigrants and it's easy to see why the Hispanic vote turned out in strength against GOP candidates in heavily Hispanic states. That allowed the GOP to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Florida Latinos turned out big time for Desantis. Flipped Dade. First time in 20 years. Statewide he won 58 percent of the Latino vote. 68% of Cubans. 56 % Puerto Ricans. 53% of all other Latinos combined. Latinos in fla love him. I trust his messaging would resonate nationally with that population as well. Latinos also care about inflation and crime etc

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Florida Latinos turned out big time for Desantis. Flipped Dade. First time in 20 years. Statewide he won 58 percent of the Latino vote. 68% of Cubans. 56 % Puerto Ricans. 53% of all other Latinos combined. Latinos in fla love him. I trust his messaging would resonate nationally with that population as well. Latinos also care about inflation and crime etc
It's not all about messaging. The Florida GOP engaged in very successful community-driven Hispanic outreach, while the Dems sort of floundered, and tried to ride on a few DC pols whom the locals didn't really care about. Ground game matters.

It's not all about messaging. The Florida GOP engaged in very successful community-driven Hispanic outreach, while the Dems sort of floundered, and tried to ride on a few DC pols whom the locals didn't really care about. Ground game matters.
You sure the Florida GOP weren't just cruel xenophobes? That seems more popular than “Hispanic outreach” and support for legal immigrants trying to eke out a foothold in a new country.

Reactions: DANC
I am sure it was but not the way you think it was. It was to make a point, sadly some people who shouldnt have been in this country to begin with got hurt a bit perhaps. They made that choice themselves for that to possibly happen.
Which is more cruel? Democrats flooding the nation with cheap labor, using open borders to generate a Dependent Class, or the GOP exposing that hypocrisy through political theater?

I bet nobody on that bus stayed cold for more than a very few minutes. But the virtue signalers got the cameras out before the clothing and soup.

Which is more cruel? Democrats flooding the nation with cheap labor, using open borders to generate a Dependent Class, or the GOP exposing that hypocrisy through political theater?

I bet nobody on that bus stayed cold for more than a very few minutes. But the virtue signalers got the cameras out before the clothing and soup.
Ask some homeless vets and other citizens, I bet they would've taken the bus and the treatment they got in an instant. I think it was great and I bet they got better treatment than they were getting at the border and no one stops them from going back to where they came from if they don't like it.

Moreover, Biden, Mayorkas, and Kamala ” Border Czar” Harris aren’t doing a damn thing to ease the burdens of border community over-crowding, drug running, and human trafficking. Even Democrats like governor Newsom have called out the Biden brain trust for its border incompetence that is causing immense hardship and danger for many people. The cruelty starts in the Oval Office.

Wow. Virtue signalers? For pointing out the absolute cruelty and defying the Christian values the GOP pretend to live by. I don’t know what to say about people who think it’s ok to use human beings as pawns, and particularly on Christmas Eve. It’s beyond repulsive.

Reactions: outside shooter
Ask some homeless vets and other citizens, I bet they would've taken the bus and the treatment they got in an instant. I think it was great and I bet they got better treatment than they were getting at the border and no one stops them from going back to where they came from if they don't like it.
And I am not surprised one bit you think it’s great. Deplorable was honestly too kind.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Wow. Virtue signalers? For pointing out the absolute cruelty and defying the Christian values the GOP pretend to live by. I don’t know what to say about people who think it’s ok to use human beings as pawns, and particularly on Christmas Eve. It’s beyond repulsive.
Good grief. 50 people went to Martha’s Vineyard, 140 to the Observatory. Biden has allowed in 2,7 million illegals who overwhelmed the border towns with huge social, criminal, drugs, kid, and other problems. Take your “beyond repulsive” feelings and put them where they really matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT