ADVERTISEMENT

Dems, you’ve lost the high ground

• Thread starter anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
  • Start date
He also donated 2 million to Carnegie Mellon. He's behaving like an oligarch should.

And I do agree with you that her comments certainly don't help whatever cause she's trying to highlight. She could have simply posted about some relief project or the historical injustices of the British crown in Africa. But, she went low.

Not what I would have done but to each their own.
I saw a tweet comparing her blaming of African colonization on an Elizabeth II UK is like blaming Obama for Vietnam.

I saw a tweet comparing her blaming of African colonization on an Elizabeth II UK is like blaming Obama for Vietnam.
I do think a lot of the ire on Twitter is completely misplaced. She wasn't even Queen until 1953. India/Pakistan were already independent. She just represents the crown.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Disingenuous, yet again. All the breaks, no. The ability to speak with impunity, yes.
99 percent true with some notable exceptions. What the media and that horrible Jenner family are doing to Kanye is criminal! That's the real American crime family. Look what they did to Bruce. A true American hero. Moved him into the garage then if that wasn't enough turned him into a woman. Now they are terrorizing Kanye

99 percent true with some notable exceptions. What the media and that horrible Jenner family are doing to Kanye is criminal! That's the real American crime family. Look what they did to Bruce. A true American hero. Moved him into the garage then if that wasn't enough turned him into a woman. Now they are terrorizing Kanye
Lamar Odom, Kris Humphries, Tristan Thompson.

#neverforget

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Does anyone know what she's referring to when she mentions genocide in Nigeria that directly affected 50% of her family? I assumed she was talking about something the English did relatively recently, like in the 20th Century. But maybe she's referring to the 1600-1800s?

Does anyone know what she's referring to when she mentions genocide in Nigeria that directly affected 50% of her family? I assumed she was talking about something the English did relatively recently, like in the 20th Century. But maybe she's referring to the 1600-1800s?
Probably this

• Sad
Reactions: hoosboot
Reactions: hoosboot and larsIU
Saying or thinking the Dems, or Pubs, have lost the moral high ground can be just political chatter, but the rest of the world only hears the part about us losing our high moral ground..

What should concern us, IMO, is whether our country is losing our high moral standing around the world as our political chatter echoes around the globe.

For most of my life I romanticized about the United States being a model. As we went back and forth from one party in control to another party, my faith in our model never diminished. The chatter subsided once the election was over to a large degree as compared to these days. Sad to say, the 2020 elections were barely over and the 2022-2024 political chatter began.

I still believe in America. However, the question in my mind these days is whether we have lost our identity as Americans and replaced it with a political party identity. Let us face it, when the other party is in power we root against them. Then when our party takes power they root against us.

Is it any wonder we are divided to the point of becoming dysfunctional ?

Thanks. I didn't know that piece of history.

Seems like that tweet she sent out would have benefited from a link to that very story. She could have reached a hell of a lot of people.
100%. I think lars' calm attempts to understand the source of her angry screed are a good reminder to all of us across the political spectrum that most people have reasons for their actions. They aren't always good and they aren't always informed by the full story, but they more often than not are sincerely motivated. And this applies the same for MAGA-lovers as it does for Biafrans. I suspect we all could do a better job of remembering that. I know I could.

I found Anya's tweet to be sad, unfeeling, and unhelpful. But I'm glad I understand what might have motivated it. Thanks to lars for that.

She didn't get impunity. She was (maybe rightfully, I'll let others decide) scorched on Twitter and her employer had to release a statement distancing themselves from her comments.

That's not impunity.
Carnegie Mellon got it right here. Her tweet might have been classless. It might have been wrong. But it should be entitled to free-speech protection (even at a private university) since it's a core component of a university:

Carnegie Mellon got it right here. Her tweet might have been classless. It might have been wrong. But it should be entitled to free-speech protection (even at a private university) since it's a core component of a university:

And Twitter did it wrong.

Again

Disingenuous, yet again. All the breaks, no. The ability to speak with impunity, yes.
Just another woke white guy trying to get his bonafides with talk. Most likely he’s never done anything personally to help minorities.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I still believe in America. However, the question in my mind these days is whether we have lost our identity as Americans and replaced it with a political party identity. Let us face it, when the other party is in power we root against them. Then when our party takes power they root against us.

Is it any wonder we are divided to the point of becoming dysfunctional ?
Aren't we just experiencing the natural human evolution of "...life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?" Itemize the social norms, ethics, and morals American citizens and politicians are at odds over, and then consider how a common identity will ever be established while the majority believes freedom applies to me, not thee.

Absolute truth, right & wrong, boy & girl, husband & wife, turning the other cheek, civil obedience, service before self, standards of decency; all definitions are now forcibly subjected to the meat grinder of freedom by 300MM individual interpretors, or the flippant generalizations of social media warriors. Loosely organized chaos is America's current social identity, with pocketed exceptions where higher moral order has yet to be fully displaced by the enlightenment of humanism.

Aren't we just experiencing the natural human evolution of "...life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?" Itemize the social norms, ethics, and morals American citizens and politicians are at odds over, and then consider how a common identity will ever be established while the majority believes freedom applies to me, not thee.

Absolute truth, right & wrong, boy & girl, husband & wife, turning the other cheek, civil obedience, service before self, standards of decency; all definitions are now forcibly subjected to the meat grinder of freedom by 300MM individual interpretors, or the flippant generalizations of social media warriors. Loosely organized chaos is America's current social identity, with pocketed exceptions where higher moral order has yet to be fully displaced by the enlightenment of humanism.
Perhaps we've gotten lazy from our financial success/excesses. We believe we're entitled to the world as we'd prefer it to meeting the world as it is.

Hard times might cure that . . . the supposed Greatest Generation had common denominators of the Great Depression, WWII, and the post-war world/reconstruction.

Reactions: hoosboot
As one nation, we need to stay vigilant and united to oppose organized attacks on Democracy, whether on 9/11 or 1/6.

Last edited:
Thank you. I am 100% sure it’s more than you.
You tell yourself that if if makes you feel good.
I've always noticed that those who call the most attention to any subject are full of the most shit. Since I'm not going to say what my employment was for the last 35+ here in Indy, and you live in a county with 95%+ white population, let's just leave it at that.
You can have to last claim here, because I feel you need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circlejoe
You tell yourself that if if makes you feel good.
I've always noticed that those who call attention to any subject are full of the most shit. Since I'm not going to say what my employment was for the last 35+ here in Indy, and you live in a county with 95%+ white population, let's just leave it at that.
You can have to last claim here, because I feel you need it.
If you’re a conservative Republican on here you have to defend yourself as libs like yourself stick the racist tag on you automatically.

You’re right about my county but there are kids in my county that need help. There are also kids in Evansville, Marion and Ft Wayne that can use assistance.

Come on down to Washington sometime and we’ll head down the road to Evansville Bosse and I can introduce you to some folks. Maybe you can help out if you’ve fixed everything in Indy.

If you’re a conservative Republican on here you have to defend yourself as libs like yourself stick the racist tag on you automatically.

You’re right about my county but there are kids in my county that need help. There are also kids in Evansville, Marion and Ft Wayne that can use assistance.

Come on down to Washington sometime and we’ll head down the road to Evansville Bosse and I can introduce you to some folks. Maybe you can help out if you’ve fixed everything in Indy.
@stollcpa and @Bulk VanderHuge: maybe you've both helped people but just have different views on solutions to help others or what is best for the country?

I know I said you could have the last word, but where did I call, or even imply, you were racist? You jumped in on me out of the blue in an exchange I was having with jet that didn't even tangentially refer to you, calling me out as a "woke" lib who had never done anything to help.
I'm glad you do so much for the youth in Evansville. Keep up the good work. I grew up down close to Evansville, and have relatives there. Anything you can do to help out there is much appreciated, I'm sure. Maybe when you retire and sell your business for a hefty profit in a couple of years, you can spend even more time there helping those less fortunate.

Reactions: outside shooter

Maybe a few politicians did encourage riots 🫣
The date of the post defeats your entire argument. The tweet from KH was on June 1,less than a week after Floyd's death on May 25, when most of the protests were simply peaceful protests...

We do know that a fire at an autozone in Minneapolis was a direct provocation from a white supremacist known as "the umbrella man", who pretended to be a "BLM sympathizer " but broke windows trying to turn protests violent hoping to inspire a race war...

It wasn't KH who was trying to "encourage riots" with her June 1 tweet regarding an organization that helps with bail with people who can't afford it. Even in this video you can see actual BLM members confront the guy who is breaking windows, over his attempts to infuse violence into protests that were meant to be peaceful...

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
Chaz or Chop either way “occupation” is literally in the acronym, so you won’t be able to wiggle out of this one by redefining or qualifying. Take your L, move on to the next one.

“The 1/6’ers didn’t really occupy the Capitol rather the Capitol police inexplicably went weapons down and allowed them to walk in.”

See how dumb that sounds?
You do realize that the infusion of armed people into the MI Statehouse AND the plotting to KIDNAP the Gov of Michigan both preceded the CHOP dingy in Seattle, right? It kind of refutes attempts to label anti-lockdown demonstrations as peaceful when they were often organized by the same sort of people who planned and participated in the rallies in Charlottesville and elsewhere who were upset over statues of people who committed treason against the US being removed. And we also know that the protests in Michigan spawned a plot to kidnap and perhaps murder a US Governor...

It turns out that some of the MI plotters decided to try and intimidate a juror in their trial. Wonder where they learned that trick?

You do realize that the infusion of armed people into the MI Statehouse AND the plotting to KIDNAP the Gov of Michigan both preceded the CHOP dingy in Seattle, right? It kind of refutes attempts to label anti-lockdown demonstrations as peaceful when they were often organized by the same sort of people who planned and participated in the rallies in Charlottesville and elsewhere who were upset over statues of people who committed treason against the US being removed. And we also know that the protests in Michigan spawned a plot to kidnap and perhaps murder a US Governor...

It turns out that some of the MI plotters decided to try and intimidate a juror in their trial. Wonder where they learned that trick?

I thought it was the FBI that tried to kidnap Whitmer? Isn’t that what the FBI does now? Entrap hapless morons?

The date of the post defeats your entire argument. The tweet from KH was on June 1,less than a week after Floyd's death on May 25, when most of the protests were simply peaceful protests...

We do know that a fire at an autozone in Minneapolis was a direct provocation from a white supremacist known as "the umbrella man", who pretended to be a "BLM sympathizer " but broke windows trying to turn protests violent hoping to inspire a race war...

It wasn't KH who was trying to "encourage riots" with her June 1 tweet regarding an organization that helps with bail with people who can't afford it. Even in this video you can see actual BLM members confront the guy who is breaking windows, over his attempts to infuse violence into protests that were meant to be peaceful...

No, it doesn’t invalidate anything. Harris and other Democratic politicians encouraged riots during the summer of 2020. You’re full of s#it and a liar. Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
No, it doesn’t invalidate anything. Harris and other Democratic politicians encouraged riots during the summer of loves. You’re full of s#it and a liar. Cheers.
Do you have links to how they encouraged it? I'd like to see a few examples if you have them.

Do you have links to how they encouraged it? I'd like to see a few examples if you have them.
I assume you were alive then. You really don’t recall any politicians encouraging them? Anyway, there is a post above where Harris is encouraging it. Scroll up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT