ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Jay Powell, join the club...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Recently after expressing his desire to see the Stock market crash so he could cast himself as the savior of the US economy, Trump has taken to criticizng Jay Powell as "too political" and claiming he is using his role as Chairman of the Fed to get Joe Biden re-elected. That would be pretty far fetched if Powell was either/both a partsian Dem or Biden appointee. But of course Powell is neither and just like Christopher Wray and others is a registered republican who Trump himself appointed to the post.

So Powell now joins the list of Trump appointees who were either horrified by what they witnessed personally while working under Trump, or have earned Trump's wrath because Trump is a maliganant narcissist. Or as Bolton (another Trump appointee) puts it Trump is fundamentally ignorant on issues like National security and others.

Now the fundamental questions I'd be asking myself if I were inclined to be a Trump supporter is how come when he bragged that the always hired the best people, are an overwhelming number of those same people radically opposed to the idea of Trump becoming POTUS again? Someone can enlighten me if there are any quality former members of his Admin who are endorsing/supporting him now, but I'm honestly not aware of any. Key word here is QUALITY, I'm not including toadies like Bannon, Stephen Miller, or new hopefuls like Jordan,MTG,Goetz etc...

I can't speak for nearly 300 years of American administrations, but I'm pretty sure that within my lifetime the amount of people who not only left his Admin but also view him as an absolute cancer is unprecedented.Some are detailed in this video,but others who I have nothing in common with politically like Pence,Betsy DeVos, Mulvaney, Rick Perry are all listed as former Trumpers who oppose his 2024 bid in this wiki entry...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...e_the_Donald_Trump_2024_presidential_campaign

But back to Powell... Didn't Trump nominate him with the underlying assumption that he (Powell) would as Chair of the Fed do his best to ensure the success of the US economy? And now that the US economy is booming and has had by far the best post pandemic recovery of any other nation in the world why is Trump not elated with the job (his appointee) Powell has done as Chair of the Fed?

I mean in one of the clips within the video below Trump is practically begging for the middle east to explode and send energy prices/inflation sky rocketing...But hey he cares about everyday Americans...

Those are just some of the questions/issues I'd have as a prospective Trump supporter. And here's another question I'd have if I was a voter who ranked inflation as my main concern, and was curious as to why Trump and many within MAGA are extremely fond of touting Viktor Orban and Vlad Putin as "leaders" worthy to emulate?.

Did all those CPAC attendees who listened to Orban speak realize that at the time Hungary's inflation rate was around 20%. ? It's come down since then but Russia's current rate is about 7.5% and Hungary is around 5.5...

So why is Trump continuing to evoke both men as virtual role models in nearly every stump speech and eliciting cheers from many in the crowd? Do MAGA supporters not only want to replicate the two men's authoritarian style, but also throw in higher inflation as a bonus? I mean if I'm a prospective (non MAGA) Trump voter and inflation is my hot button issue, those kind of realities might at least give me pause...

Recently after expressing his desire to see the Stock market crash so he could cast himself as the savior of the US economy, Trump has taken to criticizng Jay Powell as "too political" and claiming he is using his role as Chairman of the Fed to get Joe Biden re-elected. That would be pretty far fetched if Powell was either/both a partsian Dem or Biden appointee. But of course Powell is neither and just like Christopher Wray and others is a registered republican who Trump himself appointed to the post.

So Powell now joins the list of Trump appointees who were either horrified by what they witnessed personally while working under Trump, or have earned Trump's wrath because Trump is a maliganant narcissist. Or as Bolton (another Trump appointee) puts it Trump is fundamentally ignorant on issues like National security and others.

Now the fundamental questions I'd be asking myself if I were inclined to be a Trump supporter is how come when he bragged that the always hired the best people, are an overwhelming number of those same people radically opposed to the idea of Trump becoming POTUS again? Someone can enlighten me if there are any quality former members of his Admin who are endorsing/supporting him now, but I'm honestly not aware of any. Key word here is QUALITY, I'm not including toadies like Bannon, Stephen Miller, or new hopefuls like Jordan,MTG,Goetz etc...

I can't speak for nearly 300 years of American administrations, but I'm pretty sure that within my lifetime the amount of people who not only left his Admin but also view him as an absolute cancer is unprecedented.Some are detailed in this video,but others who I have nothing in common with politically like Pence,Betsy DeVos, Mulvaney, Rick Perry are all listed as former Trumpers who oppose his 2024 bid in this wiki entry...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...e_the_Donald_Trump_2024_presidential_campaign

But back to Powell... Didn't Trump nominate him with the underlying assumption that he (Powell) would as Chair of the Fed do his best to ensure the success of the US economy? And now that the US economy is booming and has had by far the best post pandemic recovery of any other nation in the world why is Trump not elated with the job (his appointee) Powell has done as Chair of the Fed?

I mean in one of the clips within the video below Trump is practically begging for the middle east to explode and send energy prices/inflation sky rocketing...But hey he cares about everyday Americans...

Those are just some of the questions/issues I'd have as a prospective Trump supporter. And here's another question I'd have if I was a voter who ranked inflation as my main concern, and was curious as to why Trump and many within MAGA are extremely fond of touting Viktor Orban and Vlad Putin as "leaders" worthy to emulate?.

Did all those CPAC attendees who listened to Orban speak realize that at the time Hungary's inflation rate was around 20%. ? It's come down since then but Russia's current rate is about 7.5% and Hungary is around 5.5...

So why is Trump continuing to evoke both men as virtual role models in nearly every stump speech and eliciting cheers from many in the crowd? Do MAGA supporters not only want to replicate the two men's authoritarian style, but also throw in higher inflation as a bonus? I mean if I'm a prospective (non MAGA) Trump voter and inflation is my hot button issue, those kind of realities might at least give me pause...
He said he thinks it will crash and prefer it happen now rather than when he is in office. Not that he wants it to crash. You need new sources. Desperately

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT