ADVERTISEMENT

Damn Taylor Swift tickets are expensive!

Not like you were getting tickets even if you wanted to.
If I did go it would be dressed incognito. No really, I guess a lot of men go for the spectacle of it all. I understand that one. Everyone loves a nice looking woman from afar. Fantasies travel at the speed of light, as fast as anything can travel. Oh, but for a moment of time…

Beyoncé is here I guess next week. Not sold out. I was just looking on vivid etc for Taylor swift 2024 and Indy tix are the most expensive. Cheaper in Miami and New Orleans

Wife went to TS in Chicago and Beyonce in Louisville.

Said the Eras show was one of the best she's seen. Her and her Milfpack left Beyonce early. Said it sucked.

Last edited:
I was presented with a "persuasive presentation" regarding a Taylor Swift show I should fund at Murrayfield (Edinburgh).

Highlights included:

1) "We can walk to Tynecastle from Murrayfield and watch Hearts", and
2) "Mom said some course called 'St Anderson' is nearby and you could golf there while me and mom go to the show".

Was vetoed due to low possibility of Hearts playing a meaningful game in June.

I plan on printing out your Greatest Hits of posts for him to use as inspiration for his comeback album. At least, two hit singles for sure:

“My Ex Stoker and a Loser”

“Nasty Cougs”
That’s all I know from him. Father of mine and I will buy you a new life. I think about stuff like that a lot. He made an entire life off of two songs. What six minutes? It seems like the decade I spent in school would have been better spent coming up with six minutes worth of songs and someone to sing it. Like the great Lou Perlman (I think that’s the name) did
I plan on printing out your Greatest Hits of posts for him to use as inspiration for his comeback album. At least, two hit singles for sure:

“My Ex Stoker and a Loser”

“Nasty Cougs”

That’s all I know from him. Father of mine and I will buy you a new life. I think about stuff like that a lot. He made an entire life off of two songs. What six minutes? It seems like the decade I spent in school would have been better spent coming up with six minutes worth of songs and someone to sing it. Like the great Lou Perlman (I think that’s the name) did
Six songs got play:

Real defensive. Six songs got play 🤣
Just trying to be accurate!

Actually, I've been researching the band's frontman. He's an interesting guy with a really sad backstory (Father of Mine is very autobiographical; he was also sexually abused as a kid and has been pretty open about it). So now I have a soft spot for him. He's also battled addiction most of his life and now has been diagnosed with MS.

From Wikipedia:

Art Alexakis was born in Los Angeles, the youngest of five children.[1] When Art was five years old his father left the family,[1] and financial difficulties forced his mother to relocate the family to the Mar Vista Gardens housing project in California, located on the west side of Los Angeles in Del Rey. Alexakis was physically and sexually abused by older children in his neighborhood.[3]

His brother George died of a heroin overdose when Alexakis was 12. That same year, Alexakis's 15-year-old girlfriend died by suicide.[4] Not long after her death, Alexakis attempted suicide by filling his pockets with sand and lead weights and jumping off the Santa Monica Pier. Later, he said that the vision and voice of his brother George compelled him to survive.[5] Alexakis started shooting up when he was 13, mostly taking crystal methamphetamine.[6] He became addicted to heroin and cocaine, and he survived a cocaine overdose when he was 22.[7] He quit drugs cold turkey in June 1989.[6]

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Actually, I've been researching the band's frontman. He's an interesting guy with a really sad backstory (Father of Mine is very autobiographical; he was also sexually abused as a kid and has been pretty open about it). So now I have a soft spot for him. He's also battled addiction most of his life and now has been diagnosed with MS.

From Wikipedia:

Art Alexakis was born in Los Angeles, the youngest of five children.[1] When Art was five years old his father left the family,[1] and financial difficulties forced his mother to relocate the family to the Mar Vista Gardens housing project in California, located on the west side of Los Angeles in Del Rey. Alexakis was physically and sexually abused by older children in his neighborhood.[3]

His brother George died of a heroin overdose when Alexakis was 12. That same year, Alexakis's 15-year-old girlfriend died by suicide.[4] Not long after her death, Alexakis attempted suicide by filling his pockets with sand and lead weights and jumping off the Santa Monica Pier. Later, he said that the vision and voice of his brother George compelled him to survive.[5] Alexakis started shooting up when he was 13, mostly taking crystal methamphetamine.[6] He became addicted to heroin and cocaine, and he survived a cocaine overdose when he was 22.[7] He quit drugs cold turkey in June 1989.[6]
Those songs are bringing me back. Mid late 90s. I like him too. That’s one hell of a rough start. Good for him. Turned it into inspiration

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

From Wikipedia:

Santa Monica by far the best of the bunch. Love that one.

Much nicer dude than most of his compatriots in the era.

I did not attend, but the daughter was forever changed by Taylor at SoFi. And she screamed for an hour when Taylor's version of 1989 was announced. Those with daughters know what that means. 🤣

I have a couple friends and their wives who saw Jackson Browne in Nashville, IN a month ago and they paid $250/ticket. I was like, WTF?

has anything seen a bigger jump in price over the yrs than big act concerts?

saw Jackson Browne at MSA on his Lawyers In Love tour, great seats, probably 10th row on the floor near the center.

probably set me back $20 including parking, (which was free).

he still rocked at the time, and i got to burn one during the show without being hassled by anyone, which makes any concert better.

my first concert cost me $7.

Reactions: UncleMark
has anything seen a bigger jump in price over the yrs than big act concerts?

saw Jackson Browne at MSA on his Lawyers In Love tour, great seats, probably 10th row on the floor near the center.

probably set me back $20 including parking, (which was free).

he still rocked at the time, and i got to burn one during the show without being hassled by anyone, which makes any concert better.

my first concert cost me $7.
Making up for money they have lost from streaming instead of album sales. They always made the bulk of their money from touring but from what I have read, streaming doesn't pay a whole lot.

The singer's Singapore shows recently sold out after a staggering 22 million reportedly pre-registered for tickets. Within hours the handful of dates were sold out, according to CNN.
Since Swift announced the dates, fans strategized about how to be part of the estimated 330,000 ticket holders.

(She's here for 6 nights.)

The singer's Singapore shows recently sold out after a staggering 22 million reportedly pre-registered for tickets. Within hours the handful of dates were sold out, according to CNN.
Since Swift announced the dates, fans strategized about how to be part of the estimated 330,000 ticket holders.

(She's here for 6 nights.)
Her tunes are catchy. Ropes in the kids and the parents

Came up in '96 to take my brother and some of his IU roomies to Everclear/Hagfish at the Egyptian. Would hang occasionally with the Hagfish guys at The Fare in Dallas for $1 draft Saturday college football before heading downtown to see them play in Deep Ellum, so got backstage passes, etc.

Met Art backstage. Expected him to be a loose cannon based on their songs, the level at which they thrashed, and the name of their band even, but he was straight edge calm. The Hagfish guys were consistent jackasses, but funny.

"Will you eat my box, while I work?"...greatest punk lyric ever? :D 🤘

That is AWESOME. Taylor swift has an album called 1989. Ryan adams did a cover of it and maybe four songs are just ridiculously good. So so so great. Boy the girls hate it when I put it on.

Saw Ryan Adams show this summer. Was really pretty good although he was kind of a rambling mess blabbering between songs.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Saw Ryan Adams show this summer. Was really pretty good although he was kind of a rambling mess blabbering between songs.
So pissed. He came to this new venue in chesterfield earlier this year and I Fing missed it. No publicity for it at all and slipped my mind

Had a friend who had a business deal near Nashville, Tennessee with the profitability of dealing with a new client being shaky. He unfortunately ran into the Swift concert attendees with hotel prices being outlandish.

On the drive back to Indy he decided to stay in a Louisville hotel only to face the higher room rates of the Kentucky Derby.

To top it off, his wife who accompanied on the trip was angry because he didn't buy tickets for either the Swift concert or the derby.

Bottom line, angry wife but happy new client.

He's kinda a shitshow. Went to see him 6-7 years ago and he banned cell phones because he said the flashes gave him anxiety? Guess that's a thing.

His set at 2015 Shaky Knees (best festival lineup ever, BTW), was LEGIT.

The opening band of the festival, on some little side stage, was Black Pistol Fire...who is what The Black Keys could be if they weren't such pussies. Whole weekend was greatness.

fadasaasaad.jpg

Thought this was cool. Jack Ingram was an SMU kid from Houston who used to play at this little honky tonk down in Deep Ellum back in the day. A "Texas country" guy that toured with Taylor on some underbill back in 2008 or so...doing state fairs and such.

It's easy to bag on Taylor Swift as some heartless money churning product, but she has good in her...

361954408_820243916123548_8070522238569140485_n.jpg

BTW, great "replacement word" concept. Might work at the Cooler...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT