ADVERTISEMENT

Zeke Walker Transfering

Too bad for us.He was playing well near the end of the season.

I hope this means he's aware of some freshman currently redshirting who will be tough to keep off the field next fall.

Well well.... kind of strange for a 12 game starter to transfer his final year. So is he going Div II to start right away? Also interesting to mention LEO in the release....

Well well.... kind of strange for a 12 game starter to transfer his final year. So is he going Div II to start right away? Also interesting to mention LEO in the release....

He didn't start 12 games, he played in 12 games. He got his first start against Wisconsin. Since he was here for 4 years he might be a graduate transfer and be able to play for anyone right away.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
My view is wish him nothing but good luck and success, and thanks for your time and past efforts at IU. But I do NOT think he was seen as "the answer" yes Burgess and Fitzgerald are two RS FR who I think will definitely be playing next year. And honestly, if someone wants out, I say let them go and yes, I like the potential of freeing up another recruit/roster spot or scholly to give to a deserving walk on.

I seriously don't see him going to a major power school for his 5th year, but likely a slightly lower school where he should be able to start for sure in his last season. Maybe he wants to guarantee he can showcase himself for a shot at the pros? Good luck and best to him...and may we land another great player now to take his place.

Reactions: Crimson Crush
Not really. Ball, if he doesn’t move to LB, and Fitzgerald will be ahead of him at husky. Not to mention a guy like Burgess who could see time there. He wants to play. He also didn’t start 12 games.

Why is that interesting? He wants to play. Doesn’t mean he hates his team/coaches.

Reactions: 76-1 and CC Mac
That's a shame.....regardless if he would have been a main starter, it will definitely hurt our depth with everyone we lose on defense. Ball and Fitzgerald would be ahead of him at Husky (unless one of those guys move so they can see the field at the same time) but with losing Dutra, Fields, Thompson and Bach, Zeke would definitely get on the field a ton. It's going to be a struggle next year on D, regardless.....

That's a shame.....regardless if he would have been a main starter, it will definitely hurt our depth with everyone we lose on defense. Ball and Fitzgerald would be ahead of him at Husky (unless one of those guys move so they can see the field at the same time) but with losing Dutra, Fields, Thompson and Bach, Zeke would definitely get on the field a ton. It's going to be a struggle next year on D, regardless.....
You know this wasn’t a surprise , they have known for several weeks and he went through senior day activities. He obviously saw the writing on the wall and wants to go somewhere and play, best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

You know this wasn’t a surprise , they have known for several weeks and he went through senior day activities. He obviously saw the writing on the wall and wants to go somewhere and play, best of luck to him in his future endeavors.
They might have known but I hardly think it's a seeing "writing on the wall" issue. He would definitely get more playing time next year than this year. There really should be no question on that. If I were to speculate, it would be for other reasons.....such as he has graduated and has future considerations in mind, and perhaps that is coupled with a place where he can start and play full time and possibly wanting to be somewhere closer to home his final year.

They might have known but I hardly think it's a seeing "writing on the wall" issue. He would definitely get more playing time next year than this year. There really should be no question on that. If I were to speculate, it would be for other reasons.....such as he has graduated and has future considerations in mind, and perhaps that is coupled with a place where he can start and play full time and possibly wanting to be somewhere closer to home his final year.
All the issues you bring up may be true, but there was absolutely no guarantee he would get more playing time next year.

Reactions: 76-1
You're right, no guarantees. He could have gotten hurt and never played a down.
You should try and be better informed, he saw playing time was going to be hard to come by, it is that simple, and why most guys leave programs.

You should try and be better informed, he saw playing time was going to be hard to come by, it is that simple, and why most guys leave programs.
Better informed, huh? Trust me, that's not the reason (unless it is to play somewhere he can play every down, not just an increase in playing time). But you think whatever you want there, Johnny. Don't let common sense get in your way!

Not really. Ball, if he doesn’t move to LB, and Fitzgerald will be ahead of him at husky. Not to mention a guy like Burgess who could see time there. He wants to play. He also didn’t start 12 games.

Why is that interesting? He wants to play. Doesn’t mean he hates his team/coaches.
Hey RBB, I forgot about Fitzgerald,is he the kid from Avon that had an eligibility issue?
He seems like he could make an impact next year.

Better informed, huh? Trust me, that's not the reason (unless it is to play somewhere he can play every down, not just an increase in playing time). But you think whatever you want there, Johnny. Don't let common sense get in your way!
Yes, better informed, common sense is not on your side in this discussion , trust me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT