ADVERTISEMENT

Zakaria: The presidential election isn’t playing out how I thought it would

Part of me is actually curious to see what a Harris presidency would look like. Maybe she would surprise us all. Would be a great story. I don't think she has any political principles, not a true believer progressive imo. She locked up a lot of pot heads in California, I do like that.

Wouldn't it be cool if she rose to the occasion and ended up being an excellent president? I love a great underdog story.

giphy.gif

"Add the old disturbing narrative of a naked Vice President Joe Biden exiting his pool in front of female secret service agents, the showering with his pre-teen daughter, the Frank Biden and Hunter naked selfies, and there seems something eerie among the Biden family."

I hadn't heard that one before. Yikes. What a despicable bastard.
You know it would be nice if you wouldn't spread lies.

No Trump needs smaller turnout (like in 2016) because the GOP (at least the MAGA wing) is a distinct minority. So the higher the turnout the less likely Trump is to win...

That's the philosophy behind all of the "voter integrity" measures the GOP champions. It's all intended to make it harder to vote,in the hopes that people that they believe are likely Dem voters will not go thru all the hoops to vote. Otherwise,why in the world would a state like GA make it "illegal" to give water to someone standing in line to vote?

Because it effects urban voters in crowded precincts where the lines are long and delays are a given. GA is mainly rural, except in Atlanta and environs. So why would GOP legislators in a rural state have an issue with people standing in line to vote being given a water?

Because the goal is for long lines and delays to be an impediment, and the hope is people will get tired of standing in line and just leave. I mean you can't honestly believe that giving someone a bottle of water is a form of bribery/ or attempt to influence who someone will vote for? You're not that dumb...

If Trump wasn't running,Dem turnout would probably be lower.There certainly wouldn't be as many anti-Trump Republicans or members of the anti-Trump Dem/Independent coalition turning out.After 2016 the people who were apathetic and either stayed home or voted 3rd party learned their lesson, and as a result Biden obliterated Clinton's 2016 numbers. Despite all the bellyacing about the lousy choice, the 2024 turnout numbers will likely be higher than even 2024. Trump inspires MAGA to vote for him and motivates the rest of us to vote against him...
That's false. You do this too often.

It’s a problem for Biden and Dems. Chalk it to amphetamines or whatever. Candidates that aren’t vigorous lose. 2020 Biden was a mirage because of COVID. This is a real problem Hick. Biden is going to be an extreme net negative to Dems this year.

I don’t like it either. He should step down at the convention if that’s even possible. Set an example. Trump would get slaughtered by any non whacko Dem.
Biden can decide not to run now or during the convention. The convention would have to do it old style and select a Presidential candidate during the convention. It could take days and it would make the convention very interesting.

Biden can decide not to run now or during the convention. The convention would have to do it old style and select a Presidential candidate during the convention. It could take days and it would make the convention very interesting.
Convention will already be interesting regardless. Already made accommodations to be out of town that week.

The DNC convention against the backdrop of city wide Pro Hamas protests and 10+ murders will do a good job of showing the Democrats for who they are.

I wonder how much Ritalin, Adderall, and amphetamines they will pump him full of beforehand. There's a reason he refused the drug test Trump wanted.

Last edited:
A debate between these 2 clowns would be a joke. Been there done that. Each have had their 4 years in office. What does debate of cut downs and head shaking prove that is not already known. Time to move on and get rid of these people.

a hologram of him will appear spewing lies. he's sticking to his 9 percent lie

Interesting site:

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Interesting site:

17 months is after all of the stays and free cheese

I’ll believe there’ll be a debate when I see it
They'll debate, I'm sure. Biden's camp appears to be asking for it, Trump can't resist himself.

It won't end up being quite the shit show everyone is expecting. Any time that Biden has time to prepare for something, however they accomplish preparing him, he ends up being better than most expect him to be.

The bar is so incredibly low, however, that I wouldn't expect either of them to be particularly good. They'd insult each other. They'd both stumble through answers. And most of us would end up being even more embarrassed by the whole thing. MAGA people would hang on Biden's gaffes. Wokesters would hang on Trumps insults. Both would claim their person was much better than they actually were.

That is what is going to happen. It won't move the needle for either of them. But it'll happen. They should have a series of Pay Per View debates and townhalls. With all the proceeds going to various impactful charities. That way someone gets something of substance out of it, and it'll be naturally easier to avoid for people like me, who are sick and tired of it all.

Reactions: BradStevens
A debate between these 2 clowns would be a joke. Been there done that. Each have had their 4 years in office. What does debate of cut downs and head shaking prove that is not already known. Time to move on and get rid of these people.
Their ability to speak without teleprompters. That’s it. And it’s important

Their ability to speak without teleprompters. That’s it. And it’s important
I don't know how important that actually is? I think you think it is, because its obvious Trump can still react and speak on things, somewhat coherently, off script.

Practically, if Biden can sit in the Oval office, and think through all the various decisions that need made, that's really all that's needed from a POTUS. There are TONS of other things that should actually be required, but we're so far beyond accepting things that should never be accepted, that as long as Biden can still process information, and make informed decisions... he doesn't need to be able to give speeches without teleprompters, answer reporters questions on the fly, debate anyone, etc...

I actually think it'd be an interesting, and wise, strategy for he and his people to lean in to that. Biden isn't going to be doing this, this, and this...he's going to be focusing on analyzing all the various issues and opportunities we're facing, discussing the best responses and solutions with his cabinet and advisors, and making the best decisions possible for Americans.

I don't know how important that actually is? I think you think it is, because its obvious Trump can still react and speak on things, somewhat coherently, off script.

Practically, if Biden can sit in the Oval office, and think through all the various decisions that need made, that's really all that's needed from a POTUS. There are TONS of other things that should actually be required, but we're so far beyond accepting things that should never be accepted, that as long as Biden can still process information, and make informed decisions... he doesn't need to be able to give speeches without teleprompters, answer reporters questions on the fly, debate anyone, etc...

I actually think it'd be an interesting, and wise, strategy for he and his people to lean in to that. Biden isn't going to be doing this, this, and this...he's going to be focusing on analyzing all the various issues and opportunities we're facing, discussing the best responses and solutions with his cabinet and advisors, and making the best decisions possible for Americans.
Yeah I don’t believe that. At all. He again repeated this week that inflation was at 9 percent when he took office. It was 1.4 or something. Zero chance he’s analyzing important shit on his own time. He’s being handled. Americans need to see his shuffle and hear his speech responding to questions.

Yeah I don’t believe that. At all. He again repeated this week that inflation was at 9 percent when he took office. It was 1.4 or something. Zero chance he’s analyzing important shit on his own time. He’s being handled. Americans need to see his shuffle and hear his speech responding to questions.
Zero chance? There's zero question that he's declining. But no one, outside the people working directly with him, has any idea what he's like when he's allowed time to take information in, and really spend time thinking about it. Could be BS...but everything I've read or heard from people that are with him behind the scenes, is that he's still pretty witty and sharp. Obviously that's probably changing by the day.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Zero chance? There's zero question that he's declining. But no one, outside the people working directly with him, has any idea what he's like when he's allowed time to take information in, and really spend time thinking about it. Could be BS...but everything I've read or heard from people that are with him behind the scenes, is that he's still pretty witty and sharp. Obviously that's probably changing by the day.
I highly doubt that. Inflation is the top issue. Explain his 9 percent twice in a week. How that comports with your assertion. The man had an indictable offense but was excused bc of his condition.

Reactions: 76-1
I highly doubt that. Inflation is the top issue. Explain his 9 percent twice in a week. How that comports with your assertion. The man had an indictable offense but was excused bc of his condition.
Maybe he's just lying? His opponent has bold faced lied, and doubled down on said lies, for basically his entire adult life. If that's the basis of your argument...Trump is basically a drooling vegetable.

I’ll believe there’ll be a debate when I see it
I think they have to out of desperation at this point. Get Trump on stage and hope he does something completely crazy, like the first debate last time when he wouldn’t shut the hell up.

If Biden were up in the polls, there is no chance they’d countenance a debate, much less two.

Maybe he's just lying? His opponent has bold faced lied, and doubled down on said lies, for basically his entire adult life. If that's the basis of your argument...Trump is basically a drooling vegetable.
Maybe. But a fed prosecutor sat down with him and wrote he has significant limitations. He can barely read a teleprompter. Last name. Pause. I think your position relies on hope and not reality or evidence. My guess. A serial liar with significant mental decline

Maybe. But a fed prosecutor sat down with him and wrote he has significant limitations. He can barely read a teleprompter. Last name. Pause. I think your position relies on hope and not reality
Maybe...and the whole argument is a false one, as he shouldn't be a viable candidate for the most important position in the world...obviously.

But you keep saying Trump is the "better" choice. In response to Biden's comments, Trump said that we're seeing "record inflation"...and that "people are dying from it"...and as he was saying those things, he was stumbling through it Biden style.

Its not record inflation, obviously. Even 9% isn't record inflation. The current 3.5 or whatever it is, isn't even remotely close to anything that would closely resemble record inflation. Is he lying? Is he a dumbass? Is he a lying dumbass?

Think about how Covid actually impacted the world. It hit in early 2020. The world shut down in March. Much of the world stayed shut down through the summer. Around the summer/fall of 2020, consumers reacted and started buying things like crazy. There was a built up surplus of goods available to meet that demand, initially, but that all got sapped up by the beginnings of 2021. Thus, inflation hadn't set in yet. In late spring 2021, we started seeing and hearing talks of inflation issues. Biden's policies hadn't taken taken root yet, at that point. There was already a very big and powerful inflation wave coming. Biden's policies added water to that wave, made it bigger and more powerful initially. But it has come down from the June 2022 high of 9%. Does he not get any credit for that?

Its a very easy talking point, and a valid overall one, against Biden. But the level with which you use it, and your failure to tie any of it to Trump... it leads people like me to believe a lot of your stuff is driven by partisan beliefs. That's boring to me... You could make just as strong of points against Biden, and liberals...without being so absolute about it. Because it isn't so absolute.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
I'd prefer they just put on the heavy gloves and get in the ring...

Biden comes off as a phony tuff guy and Trump comes off as a bully... It'd be the perfect matchup.

Maybe they'd have simultaneous heart attacks and we could all move on with our lives while the respective parties find suitable replacements at their conventions...

Undercard warmup could be a rep from each respective Secret Service detail...

What's not to like? It'd be great TV (compared to recent programming...).

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Maybe...and the whole argument is a false one, as he shouldn't be a viable candidate for the most important position in the world...obviously.

But you keep saying Trump is the "better" choice. In response to Biden's comments, Trump said that we're seeing "record inflation"...and that "people are dying from it"...and as he was saying those things, he was stumbling through it Biden style.

Its not record inflation, obviously. Even 9% isn't record inflation. The current 3.5 or whatever it is, isn't even remotely close to anything that would closely resemble record inflation. Is he lying? Is he a dumbass? Is he a lying dumbass?

Think about how Covid actually impacted the world. It hit in early 2020. The world shut down in March. Much of the world stayed shut down through the summer. Around the summer/fall of 2020, consumers reacted and started buying things like crazy. There was a built up surplus of goods available to meet that demand, initially, but that all got sapped up by the beginnings of 2021. Thus, inflation hadn't set in yet. In late spring 2021, we started seeing and hearing talks of inflation issues. Biden's policies hadn't taken taken root yet, at that point. There was already a very big and powerful inflation wave coming. Biden's policies added water to that wave, made it bigger and more powerful initially. But it has come down from the June 2022 high of 9%. Does he not get any credit for that?

Its a very easy talking point, and a valid overall one, against Biden. But the level with which you use it, and your failure to tie any of it to Trump... it leads people like me to believe a lot of your stuff is driven by partisan beliefs. That's boring to me... You could make just as strong of points against Biden, and liberals...without being so absolute about it. Because it isn't so absolute.
it reached the highest point since 81 and the germane point is that it was part of agenda. to be transformative and to create the largest social safety net in the history of the united states. i don't think you appreciate the breadth of what was done and the temporal element of same absolutely demonstrates that it was tethered to biden's policies. lockdowns. ppp. stimulus checks. extended unemployment checks. child tax credit checks converted to monthly checks. stays on rent. stays on foreclosures. it was an unprecedented amount of money flooding the market. what's more it was in keeping with the left's desire to create lasting cradle to grave benefits. so it's annoying to me when readers try to see it for something else when it's right in front of your face and so easily verifiable. if a far left progressive on domestic matters is your cup of tea go for it. but don't pretend that covid was some anomalous event w/ re to biden policy. that free cheese IS there policy. they were simply blocked by manchin and in losing the house. so today they carry on trying to circumvent same with student loans.

these aren't talking points these are facts. as for trump i have yet to hear him endeavor to be transformative with his social spending. and yes his monies contributed to inflation as well. the prices are stuck. the rate of inflation has slowed but the prices are stuck elevated. you combine this with his border policies and all the rest of his flunky shit and he's left a hell of a legacy.

I think someone's paying him to shitpost Trump propaganda talking points all day every day. He has seemingly become a bigger Trumper than some of the far-righties he used to mock.

I think someone's paying him to shitpost Trump propaganda talking points all day every day. He has seemingly become a bigger Trumper than some of the far-righties he used to mock.
are you being paid to post trump obsession posts? you've morphed into a progressive. i'm all in on anti biden and the progressive bullshit. trump. rfk jr. anyone but biden. Don’t care about trump. you sure lack on data. just your feelings and posting about others or trump. you don't participate in anything else. just trump trump trump. This board can’t be fun for you

Last edited:
are you being paid to post trump obsession posts? you've morphed into a progressive. i'm all in on anti biden and the progressive bullshit. trump. rfk jr. anyone but biden. Don’t care about trump. you sure lack on data. just your feelings and posting about others or trump. you don't participate in anything else. just trump trump trump. This board can’t be fun for you
I have plenty of data and I back up my content with links but I've stopped substantively responding to you because you post the same thing multiple times a day, every day. You don't seem to understand that argumentum ad nauseam is a logical fallacy. The shit you post doesn't become true simply because you're restating it fifty times a day.

This board is your life. Don't tell me it's a "diversion" while you're "working." That's nonsense. This is your job. Whenever I log in, regardless of the day of the week or the time of day, the current threads invariably reflect "mcmurtry 8 minutes ago," "mcmurtry a moment ago," etc. You always respond to my posts within minutes. It's creepy as hell. You live here and follow me around from thread to thread. You've gone after me (and many others) with extended, blistering personal attacks and called me every name in the book, yet you continue to read every word I post. BIzarro.

My WC time is a fraction of yours because I have a job and a life. I stop by because there are some people who post content worth reading and I enjoy engaging with them. You used to be among them, but it's hard now to get through your angry, verbally abusive commentary and all-out, repetitive shit-posting. A number of guys who used to post regularly have commented that they rarely post anymore because of you. You've chased people off with your scorched-earth posting style and insistence on always having the last word. I guess that's why you're always here, afraid that a post that's contrary to your world view or critical of something you said might slip by. Sad.

I wonder how much Ritalin, Adderall, and amphetamines they will pump him full of beforehand. There's a reason he refused the drug test Trump wanted.
You know your boy is the one who is an Adderall addict. And you can tell when they drugged him up before his speeches.

I have plenty of data and I back up my content with links but I've stopped substantively responding to you because you post the same thing multiple times a day, every day. You don't seem to understand that argumentum ad nauseam is a logical fallacy. The shit you post doesn't become true simply because you're restating it fifty times a day.

This board is your life. Don't tell me it's a "diversion" while you're "working." That's nonsense. This is your job. Whenever I log in, regardless of the day of the week or the time of day, the current threads invariably reflect "mcmurtry 8 minutes ago," "mcmurtry a moment ago," etc. You always respond to my posts within minutes. It's creepy as hell. You live here and follow me around from thread to thread. You've gone after me (and many others) with extended, blistering personal attacks and called me every name in the book, yet you continue to read every word I post. BIzarro.

My WC time is a fraction of yours because I have a job and a life. I stop by because there are some people who post content worth reading and I enjoy engaging with them. You used to be among them, but it's hard now to get through your angry, verbally abusive commentary and all-out, repetitive shit-posting. A number of guys who used to post regularly have commented that they rarely post anymore because of you. You've chased people off with your scorched-earth posting style and insistence on always having the last word. I guess that's why you're always here, afraid that a post that's contrary to your world view or critical of something you said might slip by. Sad.
i'm sitting here with multiple screens up including epl. what are you working on an assembly line? substitute teaching? it takes two seconds to check ten different screens. and no you don't. you post triggered trump rants to the point that calm posters like brad have to tell you to relax. you go after his posting style because he questions someone who might be critical of trump. trump broke your tiny little brain. want me to the find the post with all of the people agreeing that you need to relax? you can find multiple threads where i joke around with people. yet your creepy ass always has me on your mind. posting about me even in this thread. and here you go again trying to get personal because you know when you rely on data your position is untenable. coupled with your not being very bright you get your ass handed to you.

and no bowl. you aren't joking around anywhere on this board with anyone. you're not likable, clever, or funny. just an asshole obsessed with trump. oh but a christian. very christian lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT