ADVERTISEMENT

Your hardest working basketball player starting five

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
of all time?
Who ya got? Not the best, but the hardest playing starting five you've *watched* in your basketball following career.

1989- present for me. In no order
-AIverson
-KG
-LBird
- Have to go Kobe.

lol.. I was thinking the same thing.

I might add Rodman to the list above. To lead the league in rebounding at his size took a lot of hard work. He could routinely shut down guys who were 4-5 inches taller, too. Non stop motor, which got him into the HoF.
I watched him play live once. 1/22/1995 I believe. Spurs @ Pacers... 11pts/25 rebs and shoved down by Sam Mitchell 10 feet in front of me...
Thats big time when you're in 6th grade.. Also got to go on court before and during halftime
for a layup contest.

of all time?
Who ya got? Not the best, but the hardest playing starting five you've *watched* in your basketball following career.

-AIverson
-KG
-LBird
- Have to go Kobe.
I would put Michael Jordan on that list. He never took a game off,except when he went to play baseball. What I really enjoyed was that Michael also played defense. He was all defensive team several times.

Reactions: ulrey
of all time?

-AIverson
-KG
-LBird
- Have to go KI
I would add Alford to any list. He never stopped moving the entire game. Running guys off of screens. He knew he was going to be the focus of the other team's defense.

That was a guy who got every ounce out of his ability, and it was at least partially due to outworking everybody else on the court.

Dave DeBusschere
Wes Unseld
Jerry West
John Havlichek
David Robinson

There are tons of stories out there, but these guys are 5 I can think of that should be considered

Reactions: 76-1
i gotta have the Pacers' Austin Croshere in there.

hardest working player ever.

till he got a big contract, then was never the same player again.

I would add Alford to any list. He never stopped moving the entire game. Running guys off of screens. He knew he was going to be the focus of the other team's defense.

That was a guy who got every ounce out of his ability, and it was at least partially due to outworking everybody else on the court.
I have to agree with SA but another Hoosier with work ethic heart just as committed was Mike Woodson. NBA's John Havlicek just like Alford never ever stopped moving.

Reactions: 76-1
I'd have to give Galloway a solid Honorable Mention when it comes to current players...

He worked his butt off last year to come back from injury and I don't recall ever thinking he was just dogging it...

He has some holes to fill in his game to become Great but his work ethic and pure effort on the floor might just allow him to get there...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT