ADVERTISEMENT

You should have heard the golfers in the parking lot Monday night. They

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
were members of Hillview Country Club (Franklin, IN) and they had just finished participating in the interclub that also included Otter Creek (host), Harrison Lake Country Club and Hickory Stick.

Three or four guys from Hillview were very unhappy with the condition of Otter Creek. They couldn't believe the condition of the fairway and greens. They were saying it was hard to believe Otter Creek had hosted the State Amateur so many years in the past.

I played the East Nine Monday evening. Even though it had not rained in Columbus since Saturday, there still was standing water in most of the bunkers.

Because of that standing water, the mosquitoes were terrible. I must have been bitten between 20 and 30 times. My legs had at least 15 bloody spots because I had slapped and killed a lot of those pests.

Even though the mosquitoes were driving me nuts, I still shot a 38. I was one under when I teed off on the seventh hole and hit a solid drive down the right side of the fairway on the par 4 hole. I had a 190-yard approach shot and hit what appeared to be a decent shot. However, my ball hit short of the green and kicked into the water hazard.

I proceeded to take a double bogey on that hole and then parred the eighth hole to keep me at one over going into the ninth hole. I then hit a good drive on the par 4 hole, but put my approach shot into the greenside bunker. I hit a decent shot out of the bunker and then two-putted for a bogey and a 38.

Even though it's going to be something like 82 degrees on Saturday, I think I'll wear long pants when we play golf that morning. Hopefully, that will prevent the mosquitoes from biting my beautiful legs. vbg

Reactions: C-$ and mike41703
were members of Hillview Country Club (Franklin, IN) and they had just finished participating in the interclub that also included Otter Creek (host), Harrison Lake Country Club and Hickory Stick.

Three or four guys from Hillview were very unhappy with the condition of Otter Creek. They couldn't believe the condition of the fairway and greens. They were saying it was hard to believe Otter Creek had hosted the State Amateur so many years in the past.

I played the East Nine Monday evening. Even though it had not rained in Columbus since Saturday, there still was standing water in most of the bunkers.

Because of that standing water, the mosquitoes were terrible. I must have been bitten between 20 and 30 times. My legs had at least 15 bloody spots because I had slapped and killed a lot of those pests.

Even though the mosquitoes were driving me nuts, I still shot a 38. I was one under when I teed off on the seventh hole and hit a solid drive down the right side of the fairway on the par 4 hole. I had a 190-yard approach shot and hit what appeared to be a decent shot. However, my ball hit short of the green and kicked into the water hazard.

I proceeded to take a double bogey on that hole and then parred the eighth hole to keep me at one over going into the ninth hole. I then hit a good drive on the par 4 hole, but put my approach shot into the greenside bunker. I hit a decent shot out of the bunker and then two-putted for a bogey and a 38.

Even though it's going to be something like 82 degrees on Saturday, I think I'll wear long pants when we play golf that morning. Hopefully, that will prevent the mosquitoes from biting my beautiful legs. vbg

727-computer-reaction-face-gun-shoot-head-suicide-an-hero.png

Sounds like Otter has big problems.

You should join Hillview. I bet you could get there in 30 mins from Columbus, straight up 65.

Probably cheaper than HLCC, but good conditions.

Reactions: MtPeter04
I was one under when I teed off on the seventh hole and hit a solid drive down the right side of the fairway on the par 4 hole. I had a 190-yard approach shot and hit what appeared to be a decent shot. However, my ball hit short of the green and kicked into the water hazard. I proceeded to take a double bogey on that hole and then parred the eighth hole to keep me at one over going into the ninth hole. I then hit a good drive on the par 4 hole, but put my approach shot into the greenside bunker. I hit a decent shot out of the bunker and then two-putted for a bogey and...

9T1kgIr.gif

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZX

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT