ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are putting a lot of faith in Eric Gordon

Question

Why can't Gene Keady ever make it through an entire, 18 hole, round of golf?

Because he can never make the final four!

Wow, can an apartment look any more homosexual? I find it very sad you actually posted pictures from your apartment on a message board. Oh and by the way, I graduated from IU in 04 and now work for a fortune 500 company in Indianapolis. I do this to try and keep my mind off my other job at Rally's. Anyway, a kid I went to high school with that graduated from Purdue in December of 2006 has yet to find a job. Matter of fact, he still works at a local IGA bagging groceries and putting stock away. Funny how that Krannert degree landed him the same job he had in high school. What am I talking about, Purdue is just like an Ivy League school right???????? At least if you ask hoosierinWL he will tell you that everybody around the country thinks Purdue is apart of the Ivy League until you correct them. You Boilers are funny.

Yep, and we better be careful...

or he'll draw a very mean cartoon about us! Good God, a graduate of one Big State U making "you want fries with that?" jokes about grads of another Big State U. Oh well, fun stuff for a slow day on the boards.

The NCAA elite teams recruit All-American talent that goes to the NBA

If you recruit a "four-year player", you might as well refer to them as "not quite NBA material". Like a smoking hot girfriend vs. a girl who is, well, she's "nice". I'll take the Eric Gordon's, Isiah Thomas All-Americans that may or may not finish 4 years of college to compete for a National Title, over their roster full of "nice".
At every level you almoist always need a player who can "excel" at the next level to win a title or compete at the highest level. For example in AAU ball or Middle Shool age you need players who will be good at the HS level, to compete for a state title you need players who have the talent to play and excel in NCAA college basketball. To win a NCAA title you need players who will play and excel in the NBA. To win an NBA Title you need NBA All-Star or Olympic Team players. That is the natural progression. PU has recruited a good class for them, partly because the stars were aligned just right, Keady left the cupboard bare at PU, Knight was gone and MD was clueless and ineffective at consistenly recruiting in-state Indiana talent and nobody knew how long MD was going to be at IU. So Painter had a head start on the incoming PU recruits and also had immediate playing time available due to the major downslide in the PU program. Playing time in the Big 10 and close to home was an attractive option for the PU recruits when given the big PU sell from Painter. But also feeding the PU recruits with anti-IU hatred and jealousy seems to have continued with PU recruit Martin making the comments that he did about "Gordon is not God", about his own Indiana All-Star teammate, which is a disgraceful comment to make about your own All-Star teammate who just happens to be one of the top two players in the nation. A little jealousy perhaps?. I'm surprised the PU recruits didn't take masking tape to the Indiana letters across the chest of their Indiana HS All-Star uniforms and put P.U. in it's place. PU supporters always seem to have the chip on their shoulder and an inferiority complex when comparing themselves to IU. Unless the top NCAA programs want to stop recruiting All-Americans that only go to college for one year or less than four years before turning pro and going to the NBA, and likely into the NBA Lottery, to please the PU faithful (and their four-year players, then IU needs to keep recruting the high level talent like an Eric Gordon to also compete at the highest level, because it takes this level of player to win a title in most cases. PU will get better (can't get much worse)and play their more mature 22 year old (four-year player) Seniors against 18 and 19 year old higher talent, and compete but never quite make it to the top. So Abu-gabby (sounds like something my 1 year old niece would say after spitting out a big blob of oatmeal) needs to stick to his own PU web board, rather than flame on our board. IU has always had better talent than PU throughout the years, and it will now continue with Coach Sampson at IU. Order has been restored in the basketball universe, and Abugabby don't like it. Go back to your own board if you don't like the truth.

You have taken undue liberties by overgeneralizing.

Yes, planning a team for four years around a player that may only stay one is obviously problematic. Whether ebanks will be one and done next year remains to be seen obviously. But having two kids of that caliber back to back is something that one can use to build a team around for more than just one year.

As for this year, Gordon makes this team better from the perimeter right now. But if people ignore the other compenents of this team, particularly the other incoming kids, White and Bassett, then they are really not aware of the whole picture.

I don't think anyone here is predicting another NCAA Championship here just because Eric is here, so I think you grossly overgeneralize what all people who post on this board think. I do not recall ever seeing a post like that. If you really posted what you really read, then you have either read the wrong posts from the wrong people, or you have focused on a few posters who are simply too exuberant over him coming here.

As for whether Gordon will accomplish any of those things you mentioned, nobody here has any idea, just as you have no idea. But I would take him on my team in a heartbeat.

You have taken undue liberties by overgeneralizing.

Yes, planning a team for four years around a player that may only stay one is obviously problematic. Whether ebanks will be one and done next year remains to be seen obviously. But having two kids of that caliber back to back is something that one can use to build a team around for more than just one year.

As for this year, Gordon makes this team better from the perimeter right now. But if people ignore the other compenents of this team, particularly the other incoming kids, White and Bassett, then they are really not aware of the whole picture.

I don't think anyone here is predicting another NCAA Championship here just because Eric is here, so I think you grossly overgeneralize what all people who post on this board think. I do not recall ever seeing a post like that. If you really posted what you really read, then you have either read the wrong posts from the wrong people, or you have focused on a few posters who are simply too exuberant over him coming here.

As for whether Gordon will accomplish any of those things you mentioned, nobody here has any idea, just as you have no idea. But I would take him on my team in a heartbeat.

As for the rest of your BS below...others have appropriately dealt with it all. Good riddance.
This post was edited on 9/6 1:40 PM by WILDCHILD

We can compete with anyone in the country....that's all you can ask for..

I'm guessing that Purdue fans feel the same way for the incoming class in two or three years.

You want to see five players on the court and think to yourself, "We can win" not matter who you're playing against.

You're absolutely right...

These kinds of kids never work out or help lead their teams deep in the NCAA tournament.

Sincerely,

Carmelo Anthony
Greg Oden
Mike Conley Jr.
Tyrus Thomas
Marvin Williams
Loul Deng

Tell city water workers to dump in a lot of sugar...just for me : ) *

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

On another note, I'm not sure you're too great of a father. If you really believe us IU fans to be such degenerates, why post a picture of your young daughter on a message board in front of a bunch of strangers? Odd.

you misspelled "renowned"

you spelled it "reknowned"

my nephew, who is a junior at IU, has been diving in the red sea. he loved it.

To answer your questions at the end of your post

1) Yes, he is a legit POY candidate in the B10
2) Yes, realistic possibility that he could
3) No, he wil not be national POY
4) Yes, IU is a Final Four contender
5) See above

Re: Thank you for reminding me why I hate everything about Purdue.

So typical that an IU homer would not know the difference between its and it's. Hillarious......

national magazines

that I have seen so far have mentioned IU as a Final Four threat. What kind of kool-aid do you think they drink? Having two first round NBAers on the starting 5 is a pretty good nucleus, don't you think? Finally, have you seen Eric Gordan play?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT