ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are putting a lot of faith in Eric Gordon

I open a lot of books, so perhaps you could tell me which country it is

and then we can discuss the strife.

Somolia? Ethiopia? Egypt?

There are only so many countries that are on the red sea, and almost all of them have pretty serious problems right now. And the few that don't, are surrounded by countries with pretty serious problems.

you paid $50,000 for a table?

you are legend on this board!! you have to be
one of the dumbest posters ever to grace this
forum. congrats

Reactions: brianiu
You should be proud...

I've been frequenting sports message boards for 10 years and I've never seen a post quite like this one.

If I get banned I don't think I will lose any sleep. In the 5 or so years I have been on Rivals.com I have never felt the urge to come over here and I am sure the urge will have passed tomorrow.

Compare my first post to the responses that were made and you will see that it was very tame and asked legitimate questions. The Kool-Aid crack was very TIC...I guess it was over your heads.

^^^^Very "professional" response^^^^

Oh, and nice post placement . . .

To whom did you attempt to respond? . . .

^^^^Mods, please pin this post^^^^

This is one of the all-time greats . . .

I think i've seen that place before......

That's right.....it was last week when I was over at my 90 year old grandmother's house.

Eric Gordon alone will not win us a championship

but DJ White, Ellis, and a great supporting cast, along with Gordon might.

As to your other questions:

1. He will be in the top 3 for Big 10 player of the year. He may not win it, but it might go to his teammate. (DJ)
2. I will go on record as saying IU will definitely win the Big 10 with Gordon's help.
3. Gordon will not win National player of the year, but should be at least a 2nd team All-American.
4. Gordon could possibly help IU get the final four. If IU gets any help from Holman, McGee, or Thomas on the inside, I'd say we'll be there.
5. We could win a national championship as a team, not by Gordon's skills only.

I'm not sure why anybody is lowering themselves arguing with you.

I could be a ditch digger and it doesn't make you any better than me.

However I'm confident my living room would look better than yours even if it was simply a ditch I dug.

If you find a wallet in the cushions of the couch it's mine.

I left it there last week when I was dorking your wife. We couldn't go into the bedroom because she said the wax on the floor was still wet. So, I waxed something else in the sitting room instead.

Oh and tell your grandmother she's one hell of a decorator.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
Taking each of your 5 questions at a time...

1. Big Ten Player of the Year

Gordon won't win this because DJ White will also have a very good year and the writers and coaches are more likely to give it to a senior.

2. Lead IU to a Big Ten Championship

He may be the leading scorer on the team this coming year, but DJ will be close second and will provide the leadership. Also, Jamarcus Ellis, who was JC POY last year, is very good and will do his part. In other words, this is far from a one man team.

3. National Player of the Year

Again, DJ White is more likely to be in contention for this, even though his numbers won't be as high as Gordon's.

4. Lead IU to the Final Four

Very realistic given the overall team talent. But I doubt EJ will be able to do it alone and he doesn't need to given that he'll have DJ, Ellis and others to provide big time help.

5. Win a national championship.

IU is probably a true big man away from this lofty goal, although it's a possibility if things go our way. But ultimately it will be Sampson's brand of team defense that will be the deciding factor. Defense still wins championships.

Do you really think Purdue will make the big dance this year?

I think we have a strong (very strong) chance at a B10 title and a 2 - 3 seed in the tourney this year. I would be disappointed with out at least a S16 run.

Will all that be Gordon only? No...

IU will have a strong TEAM this year, and EJ is icing on the cake....REALLY good icing...

1. B10 Player of the Year - No
2. Lead IU to B10 Championship - Yes
3. National Player of the Year - No
4. Lead IU to Final Four - by himself...No...with this team...yes
5. Win National Chamionship - by himself...No...with this team...yes

This is a funny statement when you consider...

that Purdue basketball fans considered themselves "on the map" when they had an elite player of Gordon's caliber for only two years (ie. Glenn Robinson), whose teams had nowhere near the talent as the current IU team (Cuonzo Martin as Pippen to Robinson's Jordan? Give me a break). Remember him? And as a Purdue insider told me at the time, "We only expect to have him for a year or two." How soon they forget...

Didn't he also almost single-handedly take them to the Final Four in his last year? So yes, it can be done.

Whats up with the Road Hose references lately?

Dont get me wrong, its a cool movie...

Is this the thing to do?

:)

Abugabby - one quick question...................

Do you still live with your mom?

Judging by the photos of your apartment, it looks like it was decorated by an 70 year old woman. I was expecting to see plastic covering the sofa and chairs.

I find it funny that the fair weather Purdue hoops fans now feel a little more comfortable with coming to an IU board and taking shots at Sampson and IU. Most of you are full of yourselves because Purdue has experienced some moderate level of success on the recruiting front.

Why don't you wait and see what the actual product on the floor looks like before you start getting too cocky about your team. Some perspective and reality would do you and the rest of your ilk some good.

Get over yourself...

Hey buddy, who gives a Sh*t how much money you have. Maybe at Purdue you guys have to measure your dic*ks to feel good about yourself, but seriously, get the hell over yourself! We don't care at alll......how arrogant are you? We can all post pictures of our houses, vacation homes, cars, etc....there are doctors, lawyers, insurance agents, engineers, mcdonalds workers, janitors, basketball coaches, teachers, etc. on this board......and NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR MONEY. Stop being childish and if you want to start a post, do it on the Purdue message board next time.

You're welcome to come back anytime....more pics please!!!

That post of yours below is an ALL TIME CLASSIC....I have never...ever!!! seen anything like that on a sports forum, in all the years Ive been on the internet.

Can you post some of your sandy front yard, landscaping?....maybe the family shopping at the local market??

Anything would be nice or maybe one where YOU are splitting the Red Sea??

Im taking these down to the trailer park laundry room this morning and have some coffee while I'm there.
This post was edited on 9/6 10:08 AM by iubhounds

Eric Gordon doesn't have a position. He'll unofficially play

the point at times and drive the middle to break down the defense, go underneath like a small forward to score or rebound and even post up like a power forward. The kid is the greatest all-around offensive player I have seen at his stage of development.

As for his defense, he is good at stealing the ball, deflecting passes and blocking shots, but I don't know how good he is at denying his man the ball and playing position defense. Most high school stars are not good defensive players when they first enter college because their high school coaches had frowned upon them getting into foul trouble.

He is trying to help him understand. He is speaking Purdueguese.*

This post was edited on 9/6 10:05 AM by Triplebogey

I honestly think that Gordon will have the same impact at IU this year that

Carmelo Anthony did in his one and only year at Syracuse. EJ is a game changer, and his ability to score a variety of ways and open up the inside for DJ will be immense.

Personally don't think he'll be around after this year, but it should (barring injuries) be enough to get IU very deep into the tourney.

While most teams (purdue included) try and build and hope to make a run with juniors and seniors, IU is planning to do it with impact freshman that without the NBA rule, would not be playing in college. Duke, UNC, Kansas, the big dogs do this year in, year out, so if IU wants to run with the big dogs, they have to recruit this way. We'll worry about next year, next year. This year, is this year, and IU is primed to return to elite status with this team.

Like KS says...

If you don't recruit the "1 yr player", you will be playing against them. Do people think OSU would have made the Final 4, without Conley and O??

I think EJ will put up numbers in the same fashion as Kevin Durrant did last year. Gordon is a Freshman that will have a HUGE impact.

Shameless plug, check out new site www.IUHOOPS.com

Real nice try...

I am the one that graduated from IU that is the supervisor of many engineers, of which a few graduated from PU. You see I am their BOSS. I normally do not hire PU grads because frankly in the engineering world they are behind most applicants like those from Rose Holman. However, a few were here before I hired in as their supervisor. Nothing I can do about it but it does give me someone to razz. So, nice try. You all stay on the line and we will supervise you, Oh Great One from the Harvard of the Midwest....LMFAO

Talk about ignorant......

since you get a law degree or a medical degree from IU in this state. Must be difficult to get one from a university that does not offer the degrees. What an insecure, uniformed homer. Watch out because storms are approaching and they may tip your double wide.

Thank you for reminding me why I hate everything about Purdue.

The school, it's ugly campus, and the enlightened and classy alumni.

This thread is an absolute classic.
This post was edited on 9/6 10:24 AM by BrewCityCy

Re: Last time I checked

I have a friend that is an attorney that did his undergrad at Purdue and I know several people that are physicians that did their undergrad there.

Diving in the Red Sea?

1)The diving in the Indian Ocean is better. 2)The Red Sea is also known for its high shark population. As a local in Djibouti told me: "No one drowns in the Red Sea, because the sharks eat them first." 3) Smooth move using your kids as shark bait. 4) My job took me to 22 countries, so nanananabooboo to you.
5)Try being a homeowner instead of a renter. 6) My scrotum stuck to the plastic covering on your couch when I sat on it naked....it was quite painful, though your mom thought it was funny.
This post was edited on 9/6 10:26 AM by Yellowledbetter

How much for the little ones? Your children? I want to buy your children so they can paint my house pink.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT