ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are putting a lot of faith in Eric Gordon

I am an Illinois fan and I would bet he puts up 14 points a game this year.

He will have some turnovers, but the kid knows how to fill it up.

You guys are a real class act, talking about having sex with people's wives and buying children. Nice.

Re: Last time I checked

"Yes, they are Purdue grads trying to see how the other half lives."

Many of the people from my law school class went to undergrad at Purdue--as did my girlfriend at the time. I was responding to the stupid quote above, suggesting that the only lawyers who visit this site are Purdue grads...which is pretty stupid considering there isn't a single living Purdue (WL) law school grad.

Where did you rent those kids? Or what site did you pull the pics

from? Nice pink room, pillowbiter.

Re: Eric Gordon doesn't have a position. He'll unofficially play

Well, Michael Jordan averaged 13 ppg his freshman year and North Carolina won the National Championship that year. But he was surrounded by some pretty amazing players and coaches. Worthy was without doubt the most valuable player on that team, that year. MJ's soph(20 ppg) and JR(19 ppg) years ended in Sweet 16 appearances. So it isn't a given.

Wow, I hope most of you are proud of the language and comments on this board! I was born and raised in Indiana and I like to think that my parents taught me better than to talk like that about someone's wife and kids.

• Haha
Reactions: FrankTGucker
Likewise

1. The pump Kool-Aid in the drinking water in Bloomington

2. IU Grads are inbred retards who can't get a job outside the state.

3. All the lawyers and doctors and business people on this board are Purdue grads.

Those are just the ones I remember. Do you expect us to be cordial? Would you expect Purdue fans over on the Purdue board to be any more classy if I posted the same junk about your incoming freshmen?

Can't speak for your dad, but I like to think that your mom taught me something too. Don't ask her about it though...you know how she blushes.

Re: The best part is you're a huge hypocrite

IU avg SAT: 1146 vs Purdue 1145. This isn't basketball; statistically, looks like a tie to me. And BTW, this was a record for IU, surpassing the previous high of 1121. Purdue's last five years have been 1150 1149 1150 1142 and 1145. (edit: added additional info)
This post was edited on 9/6 11:02 AM by TJ4PU

"How far did IU go in the Tournament last year?" We lost to a FF team!

Think about that for a while.

And there is not limited exitement about Gordon, it is about the whole team. DJ is going to be huge this year, and our whole incoming class is really solid.

Re: To quote Bill Murray in Groundhod Day: "Morons, your bus is leaving."*

I don't remember ever seeing a poster come over here more smug than this guy, and why? Because he went to PU and lives in Chicago????? So what?

I have 2 IU degrees and these are a few of my houses...

This isn't all my houses, just the ones I have pictures of on my work computer.

What does that rent get you in 20 years?.....

still trying to figure that out you are paying for a place you will never own. Do you travel over seas to check out the farms?
This post was edited on 9/6 11:14 AM by Ungar16

abu appears to be putting together BoilerSports.com..

If he grad from Purdue..they should ask for the return of his diploma.
On G&B he was bragging how he humiliated us. The only people that he humiliated were himself, his wife, and his children. One of the most juvenile posters I have ever seen.

He's getting absolutely OWNED over here and he goes and brags..

..to his PUke buddies. Even one of this own told him he should have expected this abuse since he posted personal pix.

You should post some of your kids.

Just to be fair and balanced.
This post was edited on 9/6 11:25 AM by Not Fade Away

Where do you sit for comfort? We have a dining room with

a dining room table and chairs, but we also have a room with a sofa, love seat, an overstuffed chair and two recliners. The room doesn't overlook the Red Sea, but it does overlook a nice lake.

It makes my back hurt just to look at your antique chairs. There is no way I could relax in one of those chairs and watch IU thump Purdue in basketball this season. By the way, I'm talking about MEN'S basketball. The only thing I have to worry about is not falling asleep when IU gets too far ahead of the Boilers.

• Haha
After you look past the inferior nature of this Boilie poster...

who obviously enjoys sparring with his betters, he does raise a good point....

to what degree is it reasonable to base an entire season's outcome on one incoming freshman? let alone a national championship bid this year or the state of the program?

I look forward to watching Gordon perform on the biggest stage of his life this year from my floor seats. However, my anticipation is tempered by two things. First, he is a greenbean freshman. Second, this is the Big Ten. To be sure, there have been Calberts and Alfords at IU and he may perform to that level in his first year. That would be great.

But as I have said before, as an IU fan over the last 22 years I have never been one to worry about whether IU can or will win the NC. I always figured (and maybe this is the product of Coach Knight) that the FIRST goal for IU is to WIN THE BIG TEN. That is a grueling season long effort in which the quality of the team and its coaches will come out clearly by March. And if IU wins the Big Ten, then as far as I'm concerned IU is quite capable of contending for the NC. And that is fine by me, whatever the outcome of the NCAA tournament, so long as IU plays well and is well coached.

But to lay the future of IU in the hands of one freshman, as talented as he is, strikes me as risky. I think the team will be real good, and Gordon will be part of it.

So in answer to the Boilie's questions, I expect that IU will contend for the BT title and finish no lower than 3rd. heck, they may win the thing (reg season). Depth will be an issue for them, as KS does have a rep for wearing down the team in the home stretch, and IU only has about 10 scholarship players at the moment, half of which are first timers.

As for your list 1-5, I think you hit them just right in the order of possibility.

1. 50/50
2. 30/70
3. 25/75
4. 7/93
5 2/98

Cute kids and nice apartment, btw.

Reminds me of our trips to Jamaica and San Francisco and Honolulu and Tampa Bay and etc etc.....

But I guess the difference between you (PU grad) and me (IU Degree) is that while you get to go where you are sent, I get to go to where I want. vbg

Isn't it a little ironic

that a Purdue fan would post something about another team depending on an incoming freshman for their team's success?

If the four incoming freshman at Purdue perform this season like Purdue fans hope, they will finish 4th/5th. If they perform like I believe they will that finish will be 6th-8th.

Stop casting stones in your glass double-wide trailer.

One and dones with significant impact. Oden, Durant, and Carmelo. They all succeeded in one of the tasks that you listed for Gordon.

Swell pad, Mr. Cleaver. June has an outstanding eye for decorating, and

that Beaver sure is growing up fast. Say hello to Lumpy for me, and wish him good luck with his squad this year.

ABUGABBY: You must have an altered sense of reality

For now, I will refrain from commenting on your basketball question because it is obvious that you have little knowledge on the subject, nor on the talent of EJ. If you had seen him play, you would understand why we are excited. If it weren't for the new NBA rules, he would have been a lottery pick last year, would you be excited if someone such as Amare Stoudemire, Loul Deng, or Josh Smith were coming to your school? I pray that you would, otherwise you might as well stop watching athletic competition and focus your time on decorating your circa 1910's apartment.

As for your comments regarding the income level of IU gradutes, you must be joking. Do you know the people that have graduated from this University? I cannot even begin to argue with you because you are so far off base of any discernable, realistic topic. The fact that you sent pictures of your children at the Red Sea to show that you are "cultured" implies that you are not. You sound like you are trying so hard to appear wealthy and intelligent in order to increase your status with this group. However, these futile attempts are backfiring for this is neither the place nor time to bring those comments up. No one here cares about your ugly apartment or your trips to the Red Sea, so get over yourself, many people on this board live better than you, but they don't feel the need to flaunt it through message boards. Obviously that is what Separtes IU from Purdue, and which makes the former the better University.

P.S. I too live in a major metropolitan city and travel constantly for both work and pleasure. So you need not attempt to talk down to me or pass judgement on things that you have no knowledge.

If I was an IU basketball opponent.I would also be worried about D.J.White,Arman Bassett,Mike White,Lance Stemler,A.J.Ratliff[if and when he becomes eligible],Deandre Thomas,Crawford,McGhee,Ellis,and Big Ole Eli Holman[if he gets cleared by the clearinghos,vbg.] How about 6'8" walk on,Kyle Tabor grabbing 18 rebounds in only 27 minutes of playing time in tow of the thrfee exhibitions in the Bahamas? I also saw where IU played a 6'2" redshirt Freshman from Carmel,Indiana, named Finkelmeier and he scored 2 points in one of the exhibitions.He will wear #10 this season.Go Hoosiers.
This post was edited on 9/6 11:57 AM by rookie131

Once Greg Hill was out we knew

Gordon had a chance this year to make an impact. Too bad we got stuck with this Gordon character while you guys still have Kramer.

Yes, on the Santa Fe one that blocked

my path on the way to work today for 15 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT